Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
5,196 results
All reviewsspiral restaurantle barclub millesimeluxury roomsunset barsports barpool areaclub roomthe executive loungefree shuttledinner buffetbay viewfive star hotelupon checkaccormagnifiquesnaps
FilterAll languages

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is just excellent - from the furniture to the service and the food offer! The breakfast buffet is just amazing, the rooms very spacious and the service perfect. The view from the rooms is breathtaking as you get a view over the Manila bay.

Room Tip: Take a room with sea view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karin T

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila takes pride in being the best location for witnessing the majestic view of Manila Bay. We are delighted that you regard Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila an excellent hotel, particularly our facilities, services and food offer. We are pleased that you had an amazing breakfast buffet experience in our Spiral restaurant.

We will be glad to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Maureen Lagarto
Quality Manager

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

An Accor traveler
Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I booked an overnight stay at Sofitel Manila to celebrate my first anniversary with my girlfriend, which was on the 20th of July. Being the very planning person that I am, I researched a LOT of extravagant places to commemorate the said occasion. I narrowed it down to a few five star hotels and resorts, and finally chose Sofitel because of the So Relaxing promo (which, in my opinion, is a very good package for couples; especially considering that my girlfriend and I are massage addicts). A lot of my friends said that the price was a bit high; but considering that Sofitel is indeed a five star hotel and because I was willing to splurge for our anniversary, I proceeded with the reservation (also, after our stay, I would have to say that it was very much worth it and it was a value well spent). But still, despite confirming the reservation, I was still worried because I really wanted everything to be perfect, so I searched even more reviews, blogs, and comments from TripAdvisor (because that's really the kind of person that I am). I read a lot of good narrations about their stay, but there were also a number of negative comments; but this I can say with utmost confidence, none of them were true. To finally douse my concerns, I decided to make a call (a couple of calls actually), and the person who received my call was JV. He was very accommodating and knowledgeable in answering my inquiries, even if I called twice, I did not hear any sound of irritation from him. And most of all, without even hinting anything, he was concerned enough to ask me if we were celebrating anything for our stay, and I said yes, our first anniversary, which was exactly on the 20th. Upon our arrival, literally everyone greeted us with warm smiles on their faces. I headed to the front desk, and the person at the reception that time was Ron. He was very courteous in processing our checking-in; but most of all, it was to my utmost surprise and delight when he said that Sofitel gave us a complimentary room upgrade (from Superior to Luxury) and gave us a room with a pool/bay view for free (because there was supposed to be an additional payment for that), to commemorate our anniversary. There was even a complimentary cake with "Happy anniversary" written on it waiting for us in our room. A few minutes later, room service knocked to give us VIP amenities, courtesy of the hotel (a bottle of chilled fresh orange juice, an orange, and a slice of dessert). And during our stay, it was like all of the staff knew that it was our anniversary. It was a really generous and considerate gesture, which I appreciate so much. The massage was also great (the best we've had, so far), though I wasn't able to get the names of our masseuses. The room service was also very good. We ordered snacks at 1 A.M., and it was served 10 minutes ahead of the promised time. The phone operator at the front desk (I forgot her name) was also very polite and accommodating every time I called. All in all, it was a REALLY great stay; and I would like to thank Sofitel Manila for making our anniversary a very memorable one. Your quality service and great amenities made our celebration a perfect one. My only regret is that I was not able to give tips to our masseuses and for the room service, because I already spent a lot from buying my girlfriend's anniversary gifts and the hotel reservation. But definitely, I would be coming back here; and I also plan to max my Accor points (if not, purchase the card) to avail of even better perks . THANK YOU Sofitel Manila for this wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a pool/bay view room. The magnificent scenery will make up for the added price. :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are very delighted that we have become a part of this memorable anniversary celebration. It is our aim that we provide excellent service that is straight from our hearts which in turn make every moment magnifique. We hope that the simple gestures of our ambassadors especially JV, Ron and the whole Le Spa team made a big difference that you will always treasure and remember.

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Manila and for sharing this wonderful experience to the TripAdvisor community. We hope to welcome you back for another So Relaxing stay!

Kind regards,