1) Extremely ineffecient check in process or setup. All the counter employees looked busy, in the middle of check in of guests they seem to be walking across different check-in counters to get details or items to process their check independant check-ins. Never seen this before. Each counter shd be equipped to handle each guest in one station, why the staff needs to strutt here and there, in and out of a back room. My personal wait for check in with no first come first serve basis was 30mins! Longest wait ever. Ushers just push u to one line that they think is shortest bt may not be the fastest. Arriving guests quieing randomly at each line.. Stay in guests / Restaurant employees with food trays crossing over the check-in queue.. strange setup.
2) After 30mins and and check in, was informed of a system glitch and cant issue me a key card.
3) ALL 5star hotels i know have complimentary wifi. this is the 1st apprently claiming to be a luxurious hotel with no complimentary wifi. Ridiculous and unacceptable. We live in the fast moving tech era, time to step up Sofitel Manila.
4) Spa experience was mediocre. Had one evneing massage, the massaues seemed tired (this is ok, as it was 530pm and it was perhaps late) and massage techinique seemed practised, i.e. no personal touch or nothing special. Its like this person wasnt meant to be a Massaues. and all that flapping ard with their shoes ard the massage bed, and clicking this and tht, opening of taps all very amateur. Try going to real spa, the gentle movements and demeanour of real massaues' are very different and unique. They are generally very gentle ppl.
5) Event just below my room was going on with loud music and singing past midnight. Is this appropriate in ur view? Do you know what this means? I dont think the hotel cares. I generally think the hotel shd be concious of such events and not let guests stay in that row if there are such events.
6) Pool and Cabana Area. I really liked this concept. The employees of this compound seemed very cheerful and happy. Maybe becuz they work outdoors and like what they do. My experience at the BBQ Dinner, pool and cabana was generally good.
7) Car service - Warren my car guide was excellent. Asked for the location of my visit carefully and took me to the place without any issues. Drove very carefully and abided by the rule. Seemed very intelligent for a car driver. Perhaps time to have discussion with him on his ambitions and developement aspirations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila is an iconic 5-star luxury resort nestled in an expansive tropical setting. Renowned for its magnificent contrast of captivating sunsets and the sparkling waters of Manila Bay, the hotel attracts international and local travelers alike with its signature Filipino brand of hospitality and the French joie de vivre reflected in its service rituals; from entertainment, food and wine offerings. Nestled adjacent to the historic Cultural Center of the Philippines, Sofitel Philippine Plaza boasts of a location within the city beat and the refreshing tranquillity of the bay. It stands 15 minutes away from the international and domestic airports and approximately 30 minutes away from Makati City, the central business and commercial district of thriving shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Spiral is the hotel's most interactive restaurant in the Asia Pacific Region, featuring 21 ateliers of the world's best cuisine in one magnificent destination. Other than Spiral, Sofitel Philippine Plaza also has other restaurants and bars including Le Bar, a bistro, patisserie and library in one destination, La Veranda, a Parisian-style bar with an indoor lounge that stretches to an outdoor terrace, Snaps Sports Bar, a sleek and modern bar for sports enthusiasts, and the Sunset Bar, the idyllic blend of a picturesque outdoor dining venue. The first of its kind in Asia, the Vietura Aesthetic Lifestyle features anti-aging, detox and weight management along with a comprehensive services menu of holistic, personalized beauty and wellness programs. It combines non-invasive aesthetic procedures, integrative medicine and lifestyle coaching tailored to fit the individual's needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philippine Travel
- Sofitel Manila
- Accor Philippine Plaza Manila
- Philippine Plaza
- Hotel Philippine Plaza
- Sofitel Philippines
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza
- Manila Sofitel
- Westin Philippine Plaza