Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
5,195 results
All reviewsspiral restaurantle barclub millesimeluxury roomsunset barsports barpool areaclub roomthe executive loungefree shuttledinner buffetbay viewfive star hotelupon checkaccormagnifiquesnaps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2013

During my recent stay in May 2013 - Long story short, this is the worst customer service experience thus far. Everything else is fine but the experience is tainted because of the thoroughly unpleasant customer service.

After checking into the room I booked and fully paid for online, the room was not what was advertised. When I spoke to the receptionist about the problem over the hotel phone, she was dismissive and unapologetic, and simply told me that is the way it is because the room I had paid for was on a floor that was under "general cleaning."

It would have been fair if I was informed earlier on that the room I wanted was not available, and I would have considered staying elsewhere. I had booked the room a month in advanced, which is more than enough time for them to give me some sort of notice or option before arriving.

I had to ask if there was anything they can do to comp for this (since I had paid a premium for the room I wanted, but I received a downgrade instead). She was surprised - which made it even more apparent that they are not used to giving anything in return for their mistakes. After a long phone call that went in circles, she finally said "Sorry." Then that was that... silence on the phone. AWKWARD because she only said it after I had rebutted every lame excuse she had for not giving me the room I paid for or asking why was I not informed or asking will I receive any refund because I am getting a downgrade in room from what I initially paid for? =\

So I made the trek to the lobby to find a manager, and no one was there to help. All receptionist were busy checking guests in. I stood in line for a while to speak with someone, and sure enough, same unapologetic insulting staff.

Why do they have to speak with such an insulting and condescending tone?

On a separate occasion, I wanted to validate the parking tickets I had for the previous day and the same day, and the concierge spoke to me in a very condescending tone. I did not catch his name, but he was the older and taller gentleman. WATCH OUT FOR HIM! His problem with me was that each paying guest is only allowed one parking validation. Had he checked the system before talking to me like a child, he would have seen that there are two guests in the room I booked (2 beds = 2 people, right?). And for the price I'm paying, why make a big deal about parking validation? 5 star hotel with ZERO star customer service. Why is he being so obnoxious about parking validations?

Pool was crowded and smelled like cigarettes.

All in all, this was not the customer service I expected after paying a premium for the room during that week.

Plus side - buffet area was nice. Buffet staff was nice. Room was clean. Spa was clean. Fitness area was clean.

Never coming back. Told all family, friends and co-workers about my experience. And since I travel for work a lot, spoke with my company and our clients to stay away from this place because you will feel very sad and small after the way these people treat you. Not a pleasant experience (other than the nice buffet and buffet staff).

If only they were nice this would have been an ok review...

Room Tip: Even though you book a room in advance and pay for certain amenities / options (i.e. a bathtub, higher floor, etc), call before you fly in because your room could be given away or in some unexpected "general cleaning".
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Madelein C
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We would like to acknowledge the feedback you have via Trip Advisor during your visit on May 2013. While we strive to maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards at all times, it is not always possible to monitor our effectiveness, and comments such as yours indicate to us in what areas we will still need to improve.

Though the opportunity to personally apologize might have passed, we would like to extend still our regret that you have to experience such disappointment on how your accommodation has been handled. Your comfort and convenience is of our utmost priority however, in this instance, we have fallen short in meeting your expectations and needs. We could have communicated clearer and in a manner that is expected of a Sofitel brand thus reducing further frustrations. Your comments have been shared to the team members and moving forward, we will ensure that appropriate measures are observed to avoid any future occurrence.

Regardless of the explanation, we would like to extend our apologies this unpleasant incident has brought you and thank you for recognizing areas where we have done well.

We do hope that you will find it someday to give us the chance to be of better service.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at the hotel, from the guards to housekeeping, were very welcoming. I used the pool and was very impressed that each guest was welcomed by a hotel staff (it was Princess in my case) who escorted me to the pool lounge chair of my choice. I was then introduced to the pool butler, Heizel. The most surprising was the presence of Stephanie, one of the So Chill Girls, who offered the pool amenities - reading glass cleaning and sunblock. Nice and elegant.

• Stayed: November 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are glad to know that you have been pleased with the services offered by our ambassadors. It is our commitment to ensure that our guests received the best attention during the stay and we are fortunate to have you experience them with your encounter especially with Princess, Heizel and Stephanie.

Thank you and we look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights. It is a beautiful hotel with very picturesque pool. The restaurants are excellent and the breakfasts are exemplary and better that most 5 star hotels. The staff are friendly and speak English fluently and willing to help. You can find a cheese room in the breakfast Resturant that is fantastic for cheese fans. However this hotel has no sound shield in the rooms and if your room located just near the wedding hall or looking to Asia mall, it means that you will not be able to sleep at nights! In the first night there was a big noise and music there, I thought that I may not close the window appropriately. I checked it two times and it was apparently closed. The music was noisy and continued up to 12:30 midnight and after that workers started to clean the area with similar noise. I went sleep at 1:00 am but my sleep was interrupted few times till morning due to noise. It was similar in other nights and when I called the reception they told that it is due to wedding ceremony in the hotel and the music will be off at 11:30!! But my last night of stay was more dramatic. The music was so loud that I could not sleep at all and finally I changed my room at 3:00 am! And the new room was so quiet that I missed the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We very much appreciate your feedback on the facilities and services we offer which appealed to your liking. It is our aim to provide world-class excellent experience to our guests.

However, it is with regret to learn about the inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise brought about by the functions in the hotel and we sincerely apologize for this. It was never our intent especially that your comfort is of our utmost priority. The comment has been shared to the team members so we can carefully plan actions should there be any same incident that occurs in the future.

Thank you and we hope that this will not deter you from giving us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was here just for an event. Staying overnight was a pleasure. I had a restful sleep in my very clean and cozy room. Breakfast was another thrill. The selection was incredible. You need to have starved a day before to try and taste all that was offered. It may take half an hour to browse through the food stations. Awesome! The staff were all very friendly and with smile.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

It is with a big smile learning on your awesome experience at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila including that in Spiral is something that the Trip Advisor community can relate to.

Making our guests happy and having a magnifique stay is always our objective and glad that we are able to deliver it during your stay.

Thank you and we will look forward to your next journey with us.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The location is very nice since it is located near the Manila bay. Upon entering the lobby, ambiance is cool, smells great with aromatics and we. were greeted by the receptionist with a warm smile. The hotel staff are very warm and welcoming. The room is clean and modern. Breakfast is great with wide variety of choices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are glad reading on your comments and how you define your experience at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

It is with pride and joy that we are able to provide you a pleasant stay. We will live with our values of offering our guests the excellent service you well-deserve.

Thank you and we hope you have another magnifique stay with us!