“Great stay again”

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Great stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed 15-16 July again at the Sofitel as we really enjoy the ambience and facilities of the hotel. We usually stay in the Junior suites, but this time stayed in a regular room.
What we like about the Sofitel is it is so close to the city, but due to the location, it has a resort type atmosphere. The kids function room had just opened so our 2 year old could have supervised fun in the playroom while we relaxed

One thing that needs to improve is more umbrellas/more service near the pool. Our 8 year old also cannot understand why slides are only for 12 years old and above, and was quite disappointed she wasnt allowed to use them. The service in the hotel, from front of house, to the housekeeping was in line with a 5 star hotel, and we would be happy to go back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, July 29, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent stay with us.

It is wonderful to hear that the service provided to you by our Ambassadors exceeded your expectations.

We are currently developing more amenities for our younger guests, the children, which will be available very soon. With regards to your comment about the usage of the slides at the pool, our main priority is the safety of our guests, most importantly, the young ones.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Federico Tacoli
Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

It’s my third time around in the Philippines and I decided to stay again in Sofitel as like before I had a warm welcome. The GSA escorted me up in my room and I signed my registration form at the office desk in my room. I stayed in room 751 with a spectacular view of the bay my room is so cozy and relaxing. I had a complimentary fruit plate and a bottle of wine. But my birthday cake was sent in the wrong day but anyway I appreciate it specially the room service staff who sang a happy birthday song for me. I also like the mango rum liqueur that they gave to me during the turn down service. They also have a free shuttle going to MOA and going back to the hotel.

I heard that Spiral is the no. 1 buffet restaurant in Manila so I decided to give it try. I've been there around 10a.m but I’m so disappointed that the food that I took was already cold specially the miso soup and fried rice.

I feel so embarrass in front of the other guest because of the security. I know that they are just doing their job and it is also a good hotel policy to avoid food poison. But the security can explain it in a nice way not just to talk in the walkie talkie and asked me to wait at the main entrance while the other guest is looking at me. I know that sofitel have a 4 restaurant but they are not serving all Filipino food and I want I try some of it. That’s why I bought a food outside.

However the staffs at the front office and housekeeping department are so polite, friendly and accommodating. Especially the food attendant at the treasure island are so attentive and helpful.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to MOA
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and to the travellers of Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Our Ambassadors will be delighted to hear that the service they provided to you was to your expectations.

On a difference note, we regret to hear about your dining experience at Spiral and in bringing of food from outside. Please accept our apologies, rest assured that we are taking the necessary measures to address the concerns which you raised.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been to this place last December of 2012 with my family. The place is so grandiose that everywhere you look at you'll be amazed. Nice architecture, clean surroundings. The rooms are very well maintained-- very clean. The staffs are okay though but they need to exercise being more friendly or the way they approach to guests. The food was nice, excellent. My overall stay with this resort together with my family most especially that it was a Christmas and a new year day was extremely so amazing .. Bravo to all. . It was quite expensive but its was worth the price.

Highly recommended .. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent stay with us.

We are currently developing more amenities for our younger guests, the children, which will be available very soon. With regards to your comment about the slides at the pool, we only want to ensure the safety of our guests, especially the children.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel should not be classed as a Sofitel. The building is old and run down, and the guest rooms are a disgrace. Our two night stay here while on business was far from pleasant, with what we suspect were bed-bugs attacking us during the night. Service at the hotel was great however, with friendly staff.

The property itself is the biggest dissapointment here, and needs serious refurbishment.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David J
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and we are very pleased to hear that the service we rendered to you was great.

However, we regret to learn that you are not satisfied with the overall experience you had in regards to our guest rooms. Rest assured that the Department Heads concerned will be informed.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Philippines via Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the moment you drive up to the front door you feel as if you are entering somewhere special. This is especially true if you've had a long day of sightseeing or shopping. The lobby is gorgeous with a double staircase leading downstairs to the restaurants & pool area. There's even a sports bar with some cash slots!

The facilities are all 5-star. The service is excellent. You really need to have some type of transportation to get there. A cab ride from SM Aura or the Fort is a couple of US dollars. It's such a beautiful setting that my profile picture on Facebook was taken at the hotel. Beautiful view of Manila Bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour Mabuhay!

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests had a Magnifique stay in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the other travellers of Trip Advisor. I am sure that your kind words regarding the hotel will encourage our Ambassadors to strive even harder for service excellence.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Taguig City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am an Accor member and was supposed to be entitled to complimentary night. To my surprise, I found out that you cannot avail of your complimentary night, even if there are available rooms on your desired date. Since you can only book online, you will just tend to book for the room without realizing that it isnt the complimentary room that you availed of. What makes it worse, the front desk wont know if you have already availed of your complimentary night and will just proceed with the booking without informing that you will be charged. And even if you mention that it was for your complimentary night, they will still proceed with the booking without any warning or notice. Despite my pleas to allow me to allow me to avail of my complimentary night since I paid a lot for the yearly membership fee, they fell on deaf ears. To aggravate the situation, they simply pointed out to me my mistakes. The front desk in Sofitel wasnt like this before. I noticed that there are just too many people now who are checking in this hotel that the front desk has lost touch with the clients. They just do not care anymore. No matter how good your hotel is, if the service is poor and the personnel are not trained in handling complaints, the clients will remain unhappy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pinkish_0625

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and we would like to express our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused. The experience you had was not of Sofitel standard but rest assured that your comments have been shared to the Department Head concerned and necessary measures will be taken.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need assistance and I will take care of it personaly.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at the Club Milessime suite at the 10f. It was a corner suite and was beautiful and very spacious. The bed was very, very comfy. It came with Hermes bath accessories and an illy espresso machine.

The room package came with free breakfast, free cocktails and pica-pica as well as free merienda. It also had a kids room at the same floor with free snacks for the kids.

The only 1 drawback was that this room does not allow an extra bed since it was at the 10f. They offered other suites in other floors but one was old and musty and the other was in a smoking floor. No matter what I said, they had to follow this rule of not allowing an extra bed.

BTW, I asked for an extra bed upon reservation and payment, as well as a room on the 10F which they confirmed in writing. It was only at the hotel that it was not an AND arrangement but an OR arrangement.

But since we all fell in love with the room, we stayed put. I also didn't want to go into hysterics about this.

In the end, while my kids and I were sleeping well in the king sized bed, my husband ended up scrunched up at the foot. And it was his bday!

The spirals breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Try to get the package that comes with free cocktails and merienda at the club lounge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for the appreciation with our room amenities and with our Club Millesime Suite. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the entitlements you had while staying at our Club Millesime.

Please accept our apologies in regards to your extra bed request - there was somehow a confusion. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your future stays and I will take care of it personally.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.