This is not a good review nor is it a bad one just like my experience at Sofitel. I'll try to be as objective as possible.
- Courteous & helpful even if we were the ones who made a mistake in our booking.
Front Office during check in: -
- "i'm too busy to entertain your needs" kind of experience which I wouldn't expect from a luxury hotel. Our room was released at around 4:30PM considering we were there at around 2:30. We have been to a lot of hotels and we were also made to wait at some, all of them had a lounge/ballroom where we waited, served welcome drinks and had our keys brought to us when rooms were ready. The least that Sofitel can do if guests are to pick up room keys is come up with an express counter during peak days for that sole purpose. My wait for key pick up was longer than the check in process. Staff from the front office looked kind of harassed, thus this affected the overall ambiance of the property. A guest will feel as stressed as the staff serving him if not worse.
Outlets: - for dinner & + for breakfast
During dinner, staff might have their hands full but what I do not understand is that I have tried to call them a couple of times and they seemed to pretend not to see me. It was a good 15 minutes until I decided to be the one to approach them at the bar. One of the kids we were with wanted Carbonara. One waiter said it was impossible, we have to order from what's in the Menu while another waiter said she can have it done they'll just charge us a certain amount. NOTE: They both didn't know I asked them the same thing.
Staff for breakfast was a great contrast from staff from the night shift. All our requests were entertained. Great food and selection though.
Rooms: + -
They were big, clean and the veranda was great.:) Although the toiletries container in one of our rooms was broken and the broken part was the one facing out, they could have at least turned it around.:)
Checking out: +
The staff was pleasant. Although she missed the fact that we had credits to be deducted from our entire bill, I missed it too and I was not able to remind her, so it was also a fault from my end as well. But this is part of our room promo, I don't think it calls for a reminder.
Amenities: + -
Showing some age but they, especially the pool, were nice. Green metal sheet covering bay = not so nice.
Bottomline is even if some staff are trying really hard to give impeccable service, a chain is only as good as its weakest link.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila is an iconic 5-star luxury resort nestled in an expansive tropical setting. Renowned for its magnificent contrast of captivating sunsets and the sparkling waters of Manila Bay, the hotel attracts international and local travelers alike with its signature Filipino brand of hospitality and the French joie de vivre reflected in its service rituals; from entertainment, food and wine offerings. Nestled adjacent to the historic Cultural Center of the Philippines, Sofitel Philippine Plaza boasts of a location within the city beat and the refreshing tranquillity of the bay. It stands 15 minutes away from the international and domestic airports and approximately 30 minutes away from Makati City, the central business and commercial district of thriving shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Spiral is the hotel's most interactive restaurant in the Asia Pacific Region, featuring 21 ateliers of the world's best cuisine in one magnificent destination. Other than Spiral, Sofitel Philippine Plaza also has other restaurants and bars including Le Bar, a bistro, patisserie and library in one destination, La Veranda, a Parisian-style bar with an indoor lounge that stretches to an outdoor terrace, Snaps Sports Bar, a sleek and modern bar for sports enthusiasts, and the Sunset Bar, the idyllic blend of a picturesque outdoor dining venue. The first of its kind in Asia, the Vietura Aesthetic Lifestyle features anti-aging, detox and weight management along with a comprehensive services menu of holistic, personalized beauty and wellness programs. It combines non-invasive aesthetic procedures, integrative medicine and lifestyle coaching tailored to fit the individual's needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philippine Travel
- Sofitel Manila
- Accor Philippine Plaza Manila
- Philippine Plaza
- Hotel Philippine Plaza
- Sofitel Philippines
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza
- Manila Sofitel
- Westin Philippine Plaza