“Loved the food!”

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Convenient location because it's just near Mall of Asia.
Classy hotel. I was lucky during my stay because my room was overlooking Manila Bay. It was a very relaxing scene. :-)
The food was great! I loved their Vietnamese Chicken
I agree to what Peanutkisses77 has written, the superb breakfast buffet is something that you don't want to skip.
I like the availability of fresh mango juice all the time. They always have that on the table even if you don't request for it. And I love how their Eggs Benedict is done! BTW, their Pork & Chicken Adobo is also very delectable.
Just unfortunate that I wasn't able to use the pool during my stay because the pool area was always closed due to several wedding receptions.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We thank you for choosing our hotel for stay and for the time taken to write your feedback.

We were pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and value the hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. With our breakfast we want to show our Passion for Excellence, reflecting the French and Philippine savoir−vivre.

With regards to the pool, due to the rain that Manila has experienced during the past days, we needed to close down the operations of our poolside. Your security and safety is paramount to us.

We thank you for your patronage and for sharing your experience with us.

Bien Cordialement,
Director of Quality Management

Write a ReviewReviews (4,991)

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I always enjoy staying at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Unfortunately, Spirals was closed, I was informed that they will open in September.

My kids had a great time at the pool, its massive so they had a lot of space to swim around. It was too bad that the slides could not be used.

We stayed at the Club floor, the rooms on this floor are much newer than the normal rooms. Bath amenities were all L'occitane. I enjoyed the club area, I liked the selection of buffet and how the lounge was set up.

Room Tip: I booked a double room, the beds were too small. They gave 2 single beds. I didn't think that...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Director Of Quality Management at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

Thank you very much for forwarding your comments with regards to your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as we strive each day to provide our guests with the finest hotel experience.

We appreciate that you patronise Spiral and everyone is very excited and is already anticipating the grand opening in October.

It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon at Sofitel Philippine Plaza.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My second stay at Sofitel Philippines was really good. The GM really as promised showed me what luxurious stay was. We were warmly welcome and greeted by Duty Manager upon check in. She brought us to the room, and the room was already properly setup and comfortable.

All amenities of Platinum member are provided as well. Breakfast was good. Club lounge was nice as it have a great view, cocktails was serve. The thing that I liked about this hotel is the DVD, they have a selection of movies at the CLub lounge to be rented. This is way better than having a pay tv - well done on that.

If you are planning to stay at Sofitel Philippines, do book and stay on the club floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Sofitel-Philippines, Director of Quality at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay in our hotel. We are concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

Your comment on the excellent service of the Duty Manger has been well noted and forwarded to her. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you once more in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel concierge position plays a vital role in the daily customer service operations of hotels and resorts. But not in this hotel. We encountered the worst service coming from their concierge staff Art. No sense of customer service at all. We went to him to ask for restaurant location and the best way to get there. Unfortunately, he knows nothing except to give his snobbish look.

Food at the buffet is average. wait too long for buffet to open, i heard in october not august anymore.

spa too noisy and not decent staff.

rooms too old and pool dirty. pool smell like rubbish and dead fish.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank maricarochoa

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Sofitel. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention therefore giving us the opportunity to improve. Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focus and all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

We regret that you particular encountered some lapses in your concierge service during your stay with us. We hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again and we look forward to being of service to you and to your family once again.

On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy personally arrange your stay with us.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Not my first time again here but my first time in giving a review

Like :

Lobby - I simply love how it smells as soon as you walk on their classy lobby. So relaxing and this is the same across other Sofitels I have been.

Breakfast - If you are a breakfast person, you don't get to skip the superb breakfast buffet. Real breads and tasty bacon not to mention the assortment of cheeses and cereals.

Location- can be both yay and nay . It is yay because you are somewhat far from all the hustle and bustle of the city. You can jog outside in peace and quiet. However, if you wanna go somewhere else, you need a cab. They have free shuttle rides though to a nearby Mall, so if you're a mall person, you got nothing to worry about.

Room - spacious enough, same with the toilet. But if you need a bath, don't get the standard rooms. Anyway, I love their rainshower plus French toiletries and big bathrobes.

Service - fast except when we held our company Christmas Party last December 2011 where their elevators where busted and I missed getting my award because of it. Nevertheless, I still had a good time.

Minibar - Prices of the items is fairly reasonable compared to other hotels where I had to pay more than 100 Php for a soda.

Security - good because you have to use your keycard to operate the elevator

In-room dining - wide array of dishes to choose from. You won't get sick of ordering the same food.

Pool area - resort type. Big and clean.

Don't Like:

In house pharmacy - I have to pay for diarrhea tablets which I get for free at some hotels. Yes I usually have traveller's diarrhea which reminds me I always have to bring those Immodiums :)

Pool area - not enough beach chairs/lounge. They still have extra space to add some more.

On a nutshell, you can't go wrong with this hotel. I can live here.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, you may want to choose the city view rather than the bay view. Bay view...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peanutkisses77

Dear Valued Guest;

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you for sending us your comments. Feedback such as yours helps us in improving our facilities and services. We strive to provide a superior experience for every guest therefore your feedback is very important to us.

With regards to the pool, due to the heavy rain that Manila has experienced during the past days, we needed to minimise the operations of our poolside. Your security and safety is paramount to us.

We are proud to share your sentiments with the rest of team, as this will inspire them to delight even more guests in future. We are looking forward to your next visit; wish you the best in your business, personal endeavours.

Once again, thank you for your continuous patronage and support.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

One of the best views of the famed Manila Bay. Minutes away to cultural and historical landmark. Free shuttle to one of the biggest malls in Asia. The kids always love the breakfast buffet. That's why we keep coming back to this hotel for special weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JJManila
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We are grateful to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service.

Bien Cordialement,

Director of Quality

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ok, though I stayed for a night, I can safely say that I have experienced how it is to check in to this hotel. For an old hotel, the room doesn't look it. They have totally overhauled everything, except the door to the mini ref. The toilet is spanking new, minus a bath tub. The toiletries are L'Occitane. The bed is good and overall, the room is well kept. It's just that the channel variety on TV is very limited. I must say I was impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

August 06, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel.

We were very pleased to read that you appreciate our guest room facilities and the luxurious amenities that we have in our guest rooms. Each day, we do strive to provide a remarkable experience for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you again Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Director of Quality