“Nice pool”

Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Pasig, Philippines
“Nice pool”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed overnight using my free night w/ accor advantage card. Rooms are nice. Love their pool. Love the bay area overlooking the sea,

But i dont really like the accor people. They are arrogant & they just doesnt fit with the sofitel standards of service.

Other than that, i think this is a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank purpleginger
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

Many agree with you that the lagoon-shaped pool is one of the top features of the hotel. Guests have also raved about the special MyBed for a great sleep along with the pleasures of LeSpa.

Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

It would be our great pleasure to do business with you in the future and we look forward to more such opportunities in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Yours sincerely,

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Just got back from a stay at the Sofitel and was pleased to leave it. The hotel is very old and falling down. This morning after i had taken a shower my grandma came to my roomn saying to me that her room was flooded that was started by the pipes leaking water and drowning the room with water which was so bad that even the floor had to be riped out and thrown out. This also isn't the hotels endless problems the breakfast although I was pleased with the choice the food didn't taste as fresh as i was expecting like other hotels I have stayed in. I was also dissapointed by the bedrooms although nicely decorated the walls looked like they needed painting and the wall under the air conditioning unit was very soggy and damp. However the pool is very nice with slidesw and enough sun loungers to lay on.
Conclusion- The Sofitel chain may have better hotels but avoid thier Manila hotel as it is fallinmg apart and remember to take swimmming goggles not just for the pool but for when your room gets flooded and you swim round in the water, AVOISD THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DMan93
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you for the review on your experience at Sofitel. This isolated incident has been well noted.

Sofitel Philippine Plaza underwent a full renovation over the past few years, and as such, all its rooms are brand new. We are fortunate to continuously receive high guests satisfaction ratings since Sofitel’s complete facelift.

With regard to your concerns about Spiral, rest assured that food served is 100% fresh. The hotel employs the highest standards in quality management procedures, from the moment of delivery until the time that food is cooked live and served to guests. This painstaking attention to quality is part of the reason that the award-winning Spiral continues to enjoy the success it does as a favorite among local, as well as international, guests.

Thank you for accepting our apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We are pleased that you have accepted our invitation for another stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel once again.

Best regards,

manila
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Reservations Staff and Front Office Agents are very efficient. Breakfast at Spiral was awesome. Best lagoon-shaped pool in town. Sunset at Le Bar with my favorite local beer complete my already satisfying day.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of the pool and the bay are incomparable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

It has been our pleasure to be of service to you and to your family. On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

Your patronage and suggestion are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors. In the meantime, I remain at your disposal should need further assistance.

Manila
Reviewed August 15, 2011

From the check-in up to check out, service was very good. I arrived on the morning of Wednesday and eventhough the check in time was 2pm, the front desk accommodated me around 12nn. Check in was a breeze and the room was just what I've expected. I've stayed in a Superior Bayview and the view of Manila Bay was worth the difference from a City view room! The buffet spread at the Spiral was very extensive and Marcel, the food attendant was very attentive. Overall my 2 nights stay in the hotel was excellent. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 16, 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to express my sincere appreciation for your concern, interest and time taken to inform us of your experience during your stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I went to Sofitel with a colleague for the National Retailers Conference from Shell Pilipinas last month. Although that was my first time to go to this hotel, I, along with the other delegates experienced a very warm and friendly service from all of the staff. The food was great and the service staff were very accommodating. What I liked the most was how everyone looked happy to serve us.

The conference room looked were elegantly prepared and the place was just amazing!

I had a wonderful experience and I would definitely be back soon and recommend this to all of my friends!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ruth2229

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We are grateful to read that you had an overall excellent stay in our hotel and particularly appreciated the service of our staff. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was able to witness the Chiang Kai Shek College Class 70 reunion held at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila last December 2010 since my parents are alumni of CKSC. Sofitel did a great job on this event.

When we got to the hotel, the staff were polite and were very helpful in assisting us to the right ballroom where the reunion was held. Also, Sofitel has nice interior that adds up to the good feel of the whole event. Food is great and so is the services they rendered to their guests.

Indeed, it was a great place to have all kinds of social events. *two thumbs up!* I was happy that my parents really enjoyed their reunion. Thanks to Sofitel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Rea B
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 15, 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

Thank you for your valuable feedback dated August 14, 2011 expressing recognition of your excellent event here at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. We strive to provide a superior experience for every guest therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Your patronage is a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.