“Hotel with an Apt Name !”

BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Pune
“Hotel with an Apt Name !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Best Western Hotel,la Carona,is really the Best here in Ermita ( in terms of Value for money ) ! Excellent location in the midst of Manila's happening area,excellent staff,exclusive no-smoking & smoking areas & a very clean hotel.
The buffet breakfast is just right with the right mix of western & eastern dishes, ALL delicious !
A special word for the Hotel staff, I must confess that they exceeded our expectations every time for the smallest of our requests. Keep it up young ladies & gents,you're doing great !
The Hotel's Travel Desk too deserves a mention,in that they served with heart & soul.
One can walk around or takein the joyous experience of riding the Jeepney or even the Cycle or Motorcycle rikshaws.Within walking distance are Nightclubs,The Robinson's mall,Manila bay etc.
Whereas Jeepneys can be taken to Mall of Asia ( Asia's biggest Mall ),or to Chinatown ( world's oldest Chinatown ) and to the best of Nightclubs.
In all, an experience ( of Best Western ) within an experience of Manila !!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor ( 4th & 5th ) and on the side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hemant01
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Hemant01,

Many thanks for your post. We are glad that you liked your stay. Our Hotel is really the ideal place for leisure because our location is literally at the center of the Tourist District. We truly appreciate your positive comments especially about our staff. It is gratifying to know that you appreciate their passion and commitment to guest satisfaction. Allow me to share your observation with the rest of the team. It will motivate us to do much better.

We look forward to your return in Manila. If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at the hotel in mid January, 2014 and then again in early February, 2014, upon our return to Manila, in 2014, for approximately 6 nights in total. We had two rooms, one smoking and the other non smoking.

Excellent value for money and I have stayed in many hotels over my years in Manila, Philippines, and based on cost, location and communication I would rate this as the best hotel in Manila, in its class.

My traveling partner made the comment, as to this hotel being like an " Oasis in the Desert " based on the area of Ermita, where the hotel is located, which unfortunately leaves a lot to be desired.

All the hotel staff that I dealt with from the doorman, waitresses, cleaners and front desk staff were kind, courteous and acted in an appropriate and highly professional manner.

Suggest the other hotels in the area get down to La Carona, and see how a great hotel is run, they might just learn how to go the extra mile!!!

La Carona, staff and management just keep on doing what you do and you will continue to have near full occupancy.

Mr A. W.

1 Thank Sydneywide
Dear Sydneywide,

Thank you so much for your great review and for sharing it in Trip advisor! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me through my mobile number (632) 917 5078141.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Over the years I have stayed at the La Corona on numerous occasions. I keep going back because it offers the best accommodation in the area. The staff are always very helpful and friendly and the hotel is immaculately clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. There is a karaoke bar opposite that will keep you awake all nigh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikejordan99
Dear mikejordan99,

We gratefully appreciate your words. We are honored to be your preferred hotel to stay in. Thank you once more.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Food at the restaurant was surprising. The presentation was very nice, it is like eating in a fine dine in restaurant but with a reasonable price. The taste was okay not that I would dine there that often everyday if I live nearby.

The room was big. Very nice except for the television not so clear reception to think its cable :) and out dated model.

The staff were perky and accommodating. (Trixie and Vannie)
Except for one porter who discriminately thought I was a bystander and looked at me strangely while I was sitting outside, he could've been nicer and have had a nice approach to the situation.

Few parking space also a bit problem. Though the porter were nice to find parking space elsewhere.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iamkalboi
Dear iamkalboi,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our property

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice choice. I stayed 4 days with my 10 friends. Breakfast was much better than I expected. And staffs were really kind and gave me nice tips to shopping. If I visit Manila again, I would like to stay the hotel.

Dear jonghwap,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

It was my 18th birthday and we were aiming for a not so traditional kind of debut. We were leaning on clubbing kind of style with just a short program. Everything went well that night. Time was well managed. The food was great. Music playlist was good.

Service is really excellent. Friendly staff. Reasonable price. Everything was well managed. I highly recommend this for having your event be booked here. :)

No doubt, our first option would always be this hotel for events booking. :)

Dear Nel_Chua,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your special moment with us. Thank you also for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit and events as well.

Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I was crossing my fingers hoping that this hotel would be at par with other hotels that we've stayed. And boy, they did not disappoint us. Check-in and out was fast. The staff were very helpful. I really think they had the best staff during our stay. The bed was good. No backpains the next day. The room was clean. Oh, they had pest control during our stay but Victor (bellman) gave us a heads up before we could read the notice. Good move. The smell was gone after he turned on the AC and a freshener. They have few selections for breakfast but we didn't mind coz we were in a hurry to get things done during our stay. All in all, good value for your money and I didn't get "the look" from my bf so I knew I made the right choice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear aail,

First of all, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.

We truly appreciate your comment about our staff, particularly Victor. It is gratifying to know that guests do respond to their passion and commitment to guest satisfaction. Allow me to share your observation with the rest of the team. It will only motivate us to do much better.

We look forward to your future visits. If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.