“Truly Comforting”

Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Manila
New York City, New York
“Truly Comforting”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My stay at the Best Western Hotel La Carona Manila was wonderful. The quality of the staff was first-rate and absolutely phenomenal. They met all of my needs and went above and beyond to accommodate them. The security personnel (Raymart, Reynoldo, and Angelo) were always alert and informative about the area and places to go and avoid. The front desk (Rhea, Sherlyn, and there were others) conducted a smooth and easy check-in and checkout and was truly hospitable. Housekeeping (Don) did an excellent job of maintaining an immaculate room but always asked how he could make my stay even more pleasant. Of course, the food at the restaurant as delicious and tasty thanks to Ryan, an outstanding waiter, who delivered the food promptly. Overall, the hotel was wonderful and I truly enjoyed my stay. I understand that the hotel personnel are not responsible for the location or the area of the hotel. What matters is that I was treated with dignity and felt welcome and the hotel itself was comforting. I loved my stay there!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Anthony G
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Anthony G,

We truly appreciate your comments about our staff. It is gratifying to know that guests do respond to their passion and commitment to guest satisfaction. Allow me to share your observation with the rest of the team. It will motivate us to do much better. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel - decent size room, fabulously firm bed, good buffet breakfast, reliable room wifi ec. But why on earth would anyone want to stay in this city! Absolutely awful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TravellingAussie1
Dear TravellingAussie1,

We appreciate your observations about the hotel and the surrounding area. We regret that your over all experience was affected by our location. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Lets start with the positives. The Staff are smiling, the room was clean and comfortable (except the noise), helpful and friendly and its close to a large Robinsons shopping mall and Hobbit House for a drink with a different and plenty of hot and cold women on the streets if that’s your thing.
On the negative…..DON'T USE AGODA. I booked through Agoda and later found out the confirmation included a maximum of 1 person for room only (no breakfast). My gf rang Agoda and told them that was a mistake and they said if I wanted the room for 2 people I had to pay extra! I have never been to a hotel where a "double" or "queen" room is charged by the person. I know if you have 2 people and want a 3rd, there is a charge, but never been charged for a 2nd person.
I emailed Best Western 4 times the day before I left to fly into Manila to sort it out so I did not have to deal with this at 7am after a night flight. I did NOT get one response so I had to deal with it now. And the story doesn't change. An extra 700php for an extra person which the Manager reduced to 500php.
The Manager was helpful, but unrelenting and would not back down stating the problem was between me and AGODA, but its the Hotel that now charges me the extra, so I can't see it is all AGODA. To make up, the Manager offered me a room and waive the early check in fee. Hahaha another ridiculous fee. I have been to hotels that charge a fee for late checkout, but never early check in. I requested a This is the first time I have been disappointed in my tripadvisor selection.
room away from street noise that is quiet but the only available is a noisy room 411, but I need a shower and sleep so I took it now.
Next I want to book airport pick up for my gf when she arrives later tonight. Normal price 800php, special Philippine price for me to tag along with the driver is... 1,000php, plus 300php for every hour the driver has to wait for my gf. I ended up getting a taxi from the hotel to the airport which only cost 169php!
Finally I succumb and go to my room. After 10 mins the road noise grows, but I need a shower and sleep. The room door does nothing to stop the corridor noise. I can hear everything and everyone who walks down the corridor, talks or open and shuts doors. Giving in I decided to take my first HOT shower in 3 weeks, after being in Sumatra with never a hot shower. But that fantasy was short lived as the water was barely warm and back to cold showers again and the drain is clogged so it takes 15 mins for the water to drain from the bathroom/toilet floor.
In summary, I will never use Agoda for booking again and never stay at the Best Western La Carona. If you chose to stay, read the fine print carefully and always be prepared for additional costs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pel579
Dear pel579,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (632) 9175078141 or tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Hotel's location is very accessible. We had our wedding in the function room "Sphere" and it exceeded all our expectations. The food was so tasty, the place was spacious, the decorations were lovely and the staff were proactive. The lighting and music were all in the right timing and the serving of the champagne was snappy. We have a lot of fun!

Even our room was in purple! It was nice and tidy. The complimentary breakfast was also great! We love the croissant and the soup. They served us a lot of crispy and delicious bacon! The purfect partner to achieve your dream wedding!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank only1noly
Dear only1noly,

Thank you so much for your great review and for sharing it in Trip advisor! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels around Manila and in other places, but this hotel offer more than your money's worth! Good food, great designs and just warmth upon arrival!!! I love it! We love it!!! Location is great, accessible to most establishments and near Robinsons Mall which is very convenient! What makes this hotel even better is their courteous service. They are all very accommodating! I hope they'll have a hotel like this in other places!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Warren172013,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you and your wife back on your next visit.

Los Angeles
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at the BW La Corona on Nov 24 and Nov 25 because of its location. I had the Carlos Celdran walking tour of the Intramuros (recommended) on the 24th and a trip to Corregidor Island on the 25th. Location was great for both tours. It is also close to Rizal Park, the US Embassy and the Manila Baywalk. The only bad part of the location that I experienced was when walking around at night, several children would follow me begging for money. The hotel had a notice in the room to ignore them, otherwise it would get worse. That only happened the one night I was there. I had no problem in the daytime.

But my hotel room was very nice. Room #214. No view, but I didn't expect or want one as I was never there during the day. Best bathroom/closet of any hotel I have ever visited. Large modern toilet and glass shower. CRT TV rather than a LCD TV but not a problem. Service was excellent. The receptionist Trixie always had a smile on her face. Breakfast buffet was enough for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Franklin90278
Dear Franklin90728,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

London, England
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Be wary booking this hotel for one night as I did two weeks ahead of time via agoda. Arrived tired after flying from London via Seoul arriving in Manilla at 12am to be told (even though put late check-in)- sorry sir we cannot accommodate you as we had a guest extend his stay but you can stay next door (hotel rose garden currently 55th out of 98 vs best western 8th best hotel out of 98 of manilla hotel) and we will pay any difference ????
They expected me to pay again for room at the shabby Rosa Garden (they will pay the difference-masively less in rice though) no safe, cockroaches running about, toilet didn't flush, bed bug bitten. One of the worst places I have stayed at.
Could not believe the service and arrogant attitude of the Best western, even the manager got inpatient when I called Agoda about it- they simply couldn't care less and I paid for one of the best rooms. Worst customer service ever experienced, how can a so called international hotel be allowed to do that when you pay two weeks ahead of time, to decide to downgrade you and still take their profit. Never will I stay in Best Western again in South East Asia.
Had the worst night ever thanks to them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank docdot
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Docdot,

I was most concerned to hear of the incident . Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would personally be investigating this matter and rest assured that appropriate action will be taken. I've sent a separate message for you. Hope to get your reply.

We hope that your will give us an opportunity to correct the impression this has brought you on the overall performance of the Hotel. We will certainly do our best to recover your trust in our services again and allow us to give you the quality of service you truly deserve.

If in the meantime I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me directly at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.