“So so hotel with 5 star service”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had read the other reviews, most good, some okay, one terrible, and took a chance on La Corona on my business stay in Manila. I opted for the deluxe room, which was about $80 USD a night, and it was worth it.

After reading the other reviews I noted that "Tet " the GM answered most of the reviews about his property. I contacted him directly with my expectations and needs. He promptly returned my emails and arranged a car to pick me up at the airport (800 php). The hotel driver was right there upon my arrival and drove me directly to the hotel.

The hotel location is not the best, it is not in a resort area. Very close yo the American embassy. I never felt unsafe but it is not a place you can just go and take a stroll.

The only things I did not like about the hotel was the mattress, which was like a thick foam pad and not very comfortable. I am used to American mattress/box spring combos, so there you go. Also, we were in the front of the hotel, and the traffic noise was pretty constant. Lots oh honking horns,

The hotel location is ideal for the city tourist to get to various sites! We were close by cab to Chinatown, 5 min cab ride to the Robinson mall. About 15 minutes to the airport , however Manila traffic in notorious for traffic jams,do plan accordingly. Also near the zoo and the water park.

The staff at La Corona makes up for the hotel lack luster. Our driver joe, was awesome, front door staff Greta, friendly , restaurant staff gave the best service I had in a long time. The front desk staff ( Jazz, alexia ) just the bests and professional employees !

My rate came with the breakfast buffet ,which was clean,good and satisfying. One thing to note, there are not any places to get a breakfast in town that I found, other than hotel buffets.. The buffet here is good. They mix it up with Filipino, Asian, and Western style fare. Fresh fruits and breads and juices. The service was good all the way.

They have a hotel car that will meet you at the airport, or take you wherever you want to go, but it is quite a bit more than the metered cabs, which are constantly going by the hotel, so we only used it once. The doorman and front desk and all the staff are friendly, they did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

Ok the nit so good. Room AC was working and kept me cool. It was a wall unit and it was noisy. The room only had a shower,drain was clogged so the entire bathroom would semi flood. The hallways are a little dark, maybe dingy! Elevator is slow send small .no view what's so ever. But honestly for the price I thought it wasn't that bad.

Bottom line is this, if you are used to the Hyatt, or Sheraton , this hotel will disappoint you. But if you want first class service for a cheap rate this hotel will suit you. , your room will be clean, you will feel safe, lots of English tv programs , wi fi free here., Not the best but it worked and I was able to get my work done. Have fun!

Room Tip: Email Tet, give him your wants and needs, he will take care if you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank F5993GMericd
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Relax808,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We will use your comments to implement improvements to deliver even better service for you and other guests in the future.

We hope to be of service to you again soon.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance again, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Tet Romualdo

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila

Reviewed October 23, 2013

If its night life, good restaurants you ae after, this place is ok. Like I had business with the US Embassy, it is walking distance from La Coruna. It could be really noisy at night. I was given a room on the third floor which was not serviced by the elevator and wifi signal was not available. I was pissed. Staff was very nice and courteous. Food, you can do better at a chinese restaurant a block away. It wsa really really good and less expensive. Breakfast was complimentary and ok. Availability of taxis was abig plus.

Room Tip: Never on the third floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank rodildequiroz
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Sgtpepper112,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste “Tet” Romualdo

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Small hotel with decent size clean rooms. All the staff were excellent. Nothing was to much. You can walk to M.O.A., enjoy the local neighborhood, close to the airport.....luckily breakfast was free because I wasn't to impressed with the eggs.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy C

Dear Sandy C,

Greetings from BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila. Thank you very much for you positive review about our property. Rest assured that we will continue to strive to give our guests the best memorable stay. We will work on improving our breakfast line up particularly our eggs.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" B. Romualdo

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family went to Phillipines for vacation and stayed at Best Western Hotel for one night. My impression is that the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the service is very good. My family loved the breakfast buffet. However, there are two problems I'd like to point out. Firstly, the hotel is on a busy street and next to a bar so it's really noisy in the evening. Secondly, some hotel rooms are under remodelling when we went. They should not have let guests stay in the area where the remodelling is undergoing. My brother's room was in that area and his room was full of the smell of paint. I wanted to ask for a different room for him but he was too tired to move around so just made do for the night. Poor boy! :(

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. It's probably less noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Doris M
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Doris M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced by your brother. We will ensure to improve on the comments you've raised.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" B. Romualdo

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel this year. Overall the Hotel is very good value for money and the Management are excellent to receive feedback and get cracking at putting things right when things have gone wrong. The staff are superb: reception - TRIXIE/ JAZZ/ RHEA, Restaurant - KIM/ RYAN/ STEVE/ RICHARD and the Chef's must be complemented on their food - mouth watering dishes and presented very well considering that they are just a boutique hotel. I must thank Ms. Romueldo - GM on a fantastic job that she is doing and to all the staff who are fabulous. Thank you and hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Arjuna Y

Dear Arjuna Y,

Once again, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback and valuable feedback.
We really appreciate your taking the time to inform us on what we are doing good and on how
we can improve.

We also appreciate your commendation to our staff. This will surely inspire them to do even better
in creating a positive experience to each of our guests.

We look forward to your next visit. If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western La Corona again in July 2013. One of my favorite hotels. About the only difference now from my earlier review is that the elevator is new and the rooms have been remodeled. Great staff and security. The restaurant is delightful. The restaurant manager is efficient and has an all-seeing eye. His focus is on making your experience the best it can be. I believe that the menu has changed since my earlier review, and I have enjoyed everything. I actually had the pork nilaga two days in a row for lunch. Convenient to the American embassy or Robinson's Mall. I will repeat something from an earlier review: Don't believe the negative reviews on this place. They must be place by selfish, boring, little-minded people. I read somewhere that since all hotel review contain a range of reviews, it is best to toss out the bottom 15% and the top 15%. And then go by what the remaining reviews say. That would mean you have to discount this review. Which is ok if I have guided you past the crap. It is hard to know what to trust in the reviews to be read online. I hope you trust me on this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank FermonJ

Dear FermonJ,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad and overwhelmed to hear about your positive comments and we hope to even exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. You always have a home in us.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here again because I really wanted a boutique hotel experience. And I was not disappointed. For about $50, I got a really cool, emerald green styled room with fancy lighting and brick wall. Very panache.
Its true that most Taksi's cant find it, and also..my Taksi happened to come back because his P20 note was SLIGHTLY ripped, and wouldn't accept it, but the place inst really close to any of the action you might want to near if you are in it for business, but if its governmental, then you aren't too far from US embassy, or the Marina. I wouldnt stay here if you needed to be close to Ortigas, Pasig,Makati, Roxas, Paranaque or Taguig. But if you need to be near Intramurous, this is your best bet . Nice old Fashioned elevator too!

NOTE: , All three BW in Manila FAR exceed expectations. I truly value them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SonicSpringBok

Dear SonicSpringbok,

Many thanks for your post. We are glad that you liked your stay overall. Our Hotel is really the ideal place for leisure because our location is literally at the center of the Tourist District. We look forward to your return in Manila.