“Nice hotel with good service”

Best Western Hotel La Corona
Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Austin, Texas
“Nice hotel with good service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here just for one night on our way through Manila to Palawan. The hotel is nice enough, and the staff are quite friendly. There was some re-modeling going on next to the first room they assigned us but we went back to the desk and they quickly switched us to a different room. The rooms are comfortable and nice, as you would expect from a Best Western. They're not top-notch but still nice enough. The area is a little dodgy but then again, most of Manila is. Overall, considering the accommodating staff and nice rooms we'd consider staying here again for a short stay. There might be some better options if you plan to spend a while in Manila.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Bigsmize,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Checked in for a total of 7 nights and overall had a pleasant experience. Nice clean standard room with good A/C. Wifi was great as well. The hotel staff offered superb service including the manager Jenny. She was great and very helpful in anything we needed.

Room Tip: Breakfast Buffet was pretty good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ace_R81
Dear Ace_R81,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay in our property I’m happy to hear that we were able to provided excellent service particularly our Duty Manager, Jenny. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Zamboanga City
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My travel was for purely business but I was with my girlfriend and our stay here was great. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. They would treat you like all other guests (which mostly were foreigners). The rooms are big and the bed was comfortable. The shower room is decent and clean. I thought this building looked old but it was well maintained and kept cozy. I thought some of the area surrounding the hotel was pretty shady but I expected that a little bit since it is in Manila. Their location is also good, very near establishments and short rides to malls, parks, etc.
Overall, I would give this hotel an excellent rating and I would definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikiemyk
Dear Mikiemyk,

Thank you so much for your great review! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

Ottawa
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am not sure why some reviews say this location is not the best. It is a 10 minute walk from the mall and many of the 5 star hotels like the Pan Pacific. In addition it is an easy cab to many attractions. The hotel is also steps away from The Hobbit House which is an interesting place to go for a beer! As for the hotel the service was excellent. Everyone was very helpful. The rooms are fine, good size, comfy beds, wifi. The only thing I found strange was the sign in the bathroom saying the water was not for drinking...we drank tap water all over the Philippians and were not sure why we couldn't here? There is a complimentary breakfast which was simple but had options for different tastes. We ate one evening at the restaurant in the hotel and it was fine, not super but we were hungry. There is a tour desk in the hotel and prior to our arrival they arranged a full day private tour of Manila which we really enjoyed. The price of this hotel is half of the five star hotels and although not a five star we were very happy with our three night stay here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaboda
Dear Jaboda,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you like our Hotel and also our location. Your positive comments are very valuable to us. Rest assured that we will continue to offer all our guests the best possible experience.

Cornwall
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here on our way into our Philippines travels and on our last night before flying home.

First night was excellent, had requested quiet rooms and we got them. A very good standard. Big bedroom and good sized shower room. Huge bed and good aircon. Great buffet breakfast.

Last night was spoiled by my room not being ready when we checked in at 2.30pm. When I did get into it, it stank of smoke and had an adjoining door. I had requested a quiet room. So I felt sick all night with the stinky room and could hear next door's guests chatting.

I mentioned the problems to the reception who sent me a fruit plate and allowed us to late check out at 2pm.

The breakfast was great. The staff do their best to be helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non smoking room if you don't want one that stinks.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HowellerCornwall
Dear HowellerCornwall,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel with good friendly staff. The rooms are an ok size and have good air con. We were close to bars and malls but the area did not feel that safe. Good breakfast buffet which i did not realize was included in the price. They also had room service and a range of massage services that you could have in your room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chakstoneboo
Dear Chakstoneboo,

Thank you for your positive feedback especially about our staff. We thank you again for your stay and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Makati
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is located near Manila Bay where you can stand/sit and watch the beautiful sunset in Baywalk. And outside, you have all the access with an easy walk to all of the delicious restaurants, park, bars and almost everything you need or want to go to.

The lobby is has an elegant look. Very accomodating staff and they treat you like you are king/queen. The rooms have this ambience that makes you feel so relax and very comfortable. This is w/o a doubt one of the amazing and probably the best so far that I've been and will definitely return to Hotel La Corona Manila.

This is a 5 star experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mark A,

We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us. If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Celeste "Tet" Romualdo