“Great value and location”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Ottawa
“Great value and location”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am not sure why some reviews say this location is not the best. It is a 10 minute walk from the mall and many of the 5 star hotels like the Pan Pacific. In addition it is an easy cab to many attractions. The hotel is also steps away from The Hobbit House which is an interesting place to go for a beer! As for the hotel the service was excellent. Everyone was very helpful. The rooms are fine, good size, comfy beds, wifi. The only thing I found strange was the sign in the bathroom saying the water was not for drinking...we drank tap water all over the Philippians and were not sure why we couldn't here? There is a complimentary breakfast which was simple but had options for different tastes. We ate one evening at the restaurant in the hotel and it was fine, not super but we were hungry. There is a tour desk in the hotel and prior to our arrival they arranged a full day private tour of Manila which we really enjoyed. The price of this hotel is half of the five star hotels and although not a five star we were very happy with our three night stay here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaboda
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Jaboda,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you like our Hotel and also our location. Your positive comments are very valuable to us. Rest assured that we will continue to offer all our guests the best possible experience.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cornwall
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here on our way into our Philippines travels and on our last night before flying home.

First night was excellent, had requested quiet rooms and we got them. A very good standard. Big bedroom and good sized shower room. Huge bed and good aircon. Great buffet breakfast.

Last night was spoiled by my room not being ready when we checked in at 2.30pm. When I did get into it, it stank of smoke and had an adjoining door. I had requested a quiet room. So I felt sick all night with the stinky room and could hear next door's guests chatting.

I mentioned the problems to the reception who sent me a fruit plate and allowed us to late check out at 2pm.

The breakfast was great. The staff do their best to be helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non smoking room if you don't want one that stinks.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HowellerCornwall
Dear HowellerCornwall,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel with good friendly staff. The rooms are an ok size and have good air con. We were close to bars and malls but the area did not feel that safe. Good breakfast buffet which i did not realize was included in the price. They also had room service and a range of massage services that you could have in your room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chakstoneboo
Dear Chakstoneboo,

Thank you for your positive feedback especially about our staff. We thank you again for your stay and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Makati
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is located near Manila Bay where you can stand/sit and watch the beautiful sunset in Baywalk. And outside, you have all the access with an easy walk to all of the delicious restaurants, park, bars and almost everything you need or want to go to.

The lobby is has an elegant look. Very accomodating staff and they treat you like you are king/queen. The rooms have this ambience that makes you feel so relax and very comfortable. This is w/o a doubt one of the amazing and probably the best so far that I've been and will definitely return to Hotel La Corona Manila.

This is a 5 star experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mark A,

Thank you so much for your great review! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service.

We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us. If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in La Corona in February 2013 with my wife and we had a very difficult night. The room 411 had a damaged window hinge and could not close fully so the noise was unbearable.
We asked to be moved to a room with better noise insulation or away from the side facing the night club and we were told there was no availability.
It was very upsetting to find out early next morning by other guests who were there many days that there were at least 2-3 rooms free .
My wife tried to reason with them and she found that the reception staff was not helpful. Nevertheless the room is reasonably big for a few days stay. The air-con (this type) is quite noisy and there are not many power plugs in the room.
The wifi had good signal in the room and it was quite fast for Manila's standards and a non business area (enough to Skype but just not fats enough and stable enough to stream media). The hotel staff were always polite even if they did not manage improve our stay. The breakfast is reasonable if not outstanding for the price paid.
If you do have to stay in the area (quite seedy even by overall central Manila standards) then there are probably other hotels with less noise just around the corner. It will be almost impossible to sleep and in fact I think I only managed between 3:30 and 6am to close my eyes (before the early morning traffic noise started. Overall not good value for money and only to be chosen as last resort if others are not available.

Room Tip: If you do decide on staying at La Corona look for a room that does not have windows to the street an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kodix
Dear kodix,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Chonqging China
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I recently stayed in the La Corona hotel in Ermita/Manila, Philippines for 4 nights in February, 2013. Found the rooms to be very nice and comfortable. Recommend the standard room over the deluxe if only because the deluxe room gives you a big queen size bed in the same size room as the standard and it's cramped. But the standard room gives you a double size bed and there's a lot more room. I found the WiFi in the room to be quite fast (a requirement high on my list for me) and good. Room was quiet (I highly recommend #407 or #307). Room had fridgerator in room and the cable tv had all the great Western channels, Discovery, HBO, History, etc. I highly recommend this hotel. The only downside I have with this hotel is the restaurant. The food is just not that good and I would not recommend ordering from the menu. Go elsewhere for dinner.

The front desk staff are outstanding (loved little Trixie) as are all the bellhops handling baggage. Tip them well! As my friend and I are on a cycling (bicycle) trip through the Philppines, the hotel has been great at letting us store bags at the hotel while we're traveling throughout the country on a bicycle.

I look forward to returning to this hotel for future stays.

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room away from the rear of the hotel as there is a big nightclub (Cowboys) jus...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ultrarunner
Dear Ultrarunner,

Thank you very much for your post.

We are very happy to know that we made your stay with us memorable. Allow us to share this point of view with our staff especially to Trixie whom you commended. I am sure it will gladden their hearts to know that their hard work truly mattered. We are looking forward to your return

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a night on way through the madness of Manila. Staff at airport organised me a transfer (at my cost) even though I hadn't pre-booked.

Staff at hotel were friendly and rooms clean. Free WiFi was a bonus and buffet breakfast was very good.

Would recommend.