“Nice hotel shame about the area”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice hotel shame about the area”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel with good friendly staff. The rooms are an ok size and have good air con. We were close to bars and malls but the area did not feel that safe. Good breakfast buffet which i did not realize was included in the price. They also had room service and a range of massage services that you could have in your room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chakstoneboo
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Chakstoneboo,

Thank you for your positive feedback especially about our staff. We thank you again for your stay and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is located near Manila Bay where you can stand/sit and watch the beautiful sunset in Baywalk. And outside, you have all the access with an easy walk to all of the delicious restaurants, park, bars and almost everything you need or want to go to.

The lobby is has an elegant look. Very accomodating staff and they treat you like you are king/queen. The rooms have this ambience that makes you feel so relax and very comfortable. This is w/o a doubt one of the amazing and probably the best so far that I've been and will definitely return to Hotel La Corona Manila.

This is a 5 star experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mark A,

Thank you so much for your great review! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service.

We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us. If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in La Corona in February 2013 with my wife and we had a very difficult night. The room 411 had a damaged window hinge and could not close fully so the noise was unbearable.
We asked to be moved to a room with better noise insulation or away from the side facing the night club and we were told there was no availability.
It was very upsetting to find out early next morning by other guests who were there many days that there were at least 2-3 rooms free .
My wife tried to reason with them and she found that the reception staff was not helpful. Nevertheless the room is reasonably big for a few days stay. The air-con (this type) is quite noisy and there are not many power plugs in the room.
The wifi had good signal in the room and it was quite fast for Manila's standards and a non business area (enough to Skype but just not fats enough and stable enough to stream media). The hotel staff were always polite even if they did not manage improve our stay. The breakfast is reasonable if not outstanding for the price paid.
If you do have to stay in the area (quite seedy even by overall central Manila standards) then there are probably other hotels with less noise just around the corner. It will be almost impossible to sleep and in fact I think I only managed between 3:30 and 6am to close my eyes (before the early morning traffic noise started. Overall not good value for money and only to be chosen as last resort if others are not available.

Room Tip: If you do decide on staying at La Corona look for a room that does not have windows to the street an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kodix
Dear kodix,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. I will personally assist you with your reservation.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Chonqging China
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I recently stayed in the La Corona hotel in Ermita/Manila, Philippines for 4 nights in February, 2013. Found the rooms to be very nice and comfortable. Recommend the standard room over the deluxe if only because the deluxe room gives you a big queen size bed in the same size room as the standard and it's cramped. But the standard room gives you a double size bed and there's a lot more room. I found the WiFi in the room to be quite fast (a requirement high on my list for me) and good. Room was quiet (I highly recommend #407 or #307). Room had fridgerator in room and the cable tv had all the great Western channels, Discovery, HBO, History, etc. I highly recommend this hotel. The only downside I have with this hotel is the restaurant. The food is just not that good and I would not recommend ordering from the menu. Go elsewhere for dinner.

The front desk staff are outstanding (loved little Trixie) as are all the bellhops handling baggage. Tip them well! As my friend and I are on a cycling (bicycle) trip through the Philppines, the hotel has been great at letting us store bags at the hotel while we're traveling throughout the country on a bicycle.

I look forward to returning to this hotel for future stays.

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room away from the rear of the hotel as there is a big nightclub (Cowboys) jus...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ultrarunner
Dear Ultrarunner,

Thank you very much for your post.

We are very happy to know that we made your stay with us memorable. Allow us to share this point of view with our staff especially to Trixie whom you commended. I am sure it will gladden their hearts to know that their hard work truly mattered. We are looking forward to your return

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a night on way through the madness of Manila. Staff at airport organised me a transfer (at my cost) even though I hadn't pre-booked.

Staff at hotel were friendly and rooms clean. Free WiFi was a bonus and buffet breakfast was very good.

Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank j e
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I in our 60s stayed in the Hotel La Corona for 6 nights Jan /13 ,we had a suite that was on the top floor, the noise from the street and the noise from a disco at the back of the hotel in another street was really loud and went on untill the early hours of the morning I asked for another room but all we were offered were ear plugs ,what a joke , [so they know about the problem,] was later told the rooms on floors below were a bit quiter, but they are not suites they are smaller . breakfast was ok but I got tired of it after4 mornings of same basic things but there was plenty of it put out, Room was clean & spacious , tv worked ok bed was large and comfortable I did not mind the shower but wife had a moan , windows need to be double glazed to help keep sound out, air con was a pain it was next to the bed and blew cold air directly on to you( some may like that) but it was too strong for us even on lowest setting, Staff were very friendly , area is a bit seedy but that is Manila we walked around ouIside at night up till about 8PM was not worried you just ignore every one and walk briskly but keep to main streets, check in was slow, price was good yes- I have a few complaints but if it was not for the noise we would stay there again I guess you get what you pay for, next time we will pay a bit more for a more quiet hotel;

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fredyfreeloader
Dear Fredyfreeloader,

Thank you for giving us genuine feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Despite the foregoing, we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here recently at the Suite Room of the Hotel. I found the room very basic, nothing exceptional. The showers were horrible, they had rain showers with low pressure. You could hardly get a decent shower. The cable TV was no working for most of the stay. The DVD player was not working in the room. Power supply was interrupted for at least an hour, doesn't the hotel have a generator back up? You could hear the road traffic and honking from the rooms.
The location was disgusting. Their smoking area had at least one pimp permanently there. Only thing decent was the restaurant where the food was good and the business centre where internet usage was complimentary. Overall very poor for a Best Western

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Venot V
Dear Venot V,

Thank you for taking out time to write a review of your stay in our hotel. For the shortcomings you have experienced, please accept our sincerest apologies. I would like to assure you that all your valuable comments are currently being investigated and will be acted upon on.