“Great despite its location”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #9 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 8 days . Clean room . excellent service and staff . located in old city but very safe hotel . Highly recommended . By the way , Dont forget to take picture of you inside the unique elevator .

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank m1tsalah
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear M1tsalah,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your positive comments are very valuable to us. Rest assured that we will continue to offer all our guests the best possible experience.

Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The rooms are 5 star rating. They have an excellent staff and very approachable. The rates are guest friendly and of course free buffet breakfast. Their rooms can be reserved via net and walk-in. Their food is excellent and yummy.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Regienald E

Dear Regienald E,

We look forward to welcome you back soon. If in the meantime, I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights. Room 605 (suite) is big and comfortable. Huge, king size bed. Location of the hotel is really good for tourists - walking distance to Intramuros, A lot of restaurants nearby. Luneta. Robertson's mall is just 5 mins away. Breakfast included, very poor selection. Staff very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TomekWu

Dear TomekWu,

Thank you for taking out time to write a review of your stay in our hotel. Your kind words will be passed on to the team. I trust that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. And for the breakfast, rest assured that we will review our line up to further improve the quality.

We look forward to be of service to you again. If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

No complaints at all. We stayed here for 4 nights on our recent trip to the Philippines and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable. The meals in the restaurant were excellent. Above all though, the staff were terrific. They were all courteous and extremely helpful whenever anything was needed. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wanting a place to stay in Manila.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank christophera52

Dear Christophera52,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you require a good nights sleep after a long plane journey this is not the hotel for you. We were woken at 01;00 am by hotel maintenance who decided to do some painting in the corridor adjacent to our room. How Bizarre !!! We complained to the reception staff who apologised, and promptly upgraded us to Deluxe room, which overlooked a busy road.... The noise from the traffic kept us awake. Eventually we just gave up sleeping altogether......
Breakfast is good and the hotel reception staff are friendly, welcoming, and helpful, but this is all we can say about this hotel.
Would we recommend this hotel ? No.. There are better hotels in Manila.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DGM30

Dear DGM30,

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great Experience this Hotel. From the time I did my online bookings 2 months ahead & then had to change my arrival dates, no problems - thanks Drio !
Upon arrival at Manila int. airport I was greeted by their Rep. & escorted to their Hotel's arrival lounge to wait for there vehicle to the hotel.
We were very early to check in because of my early flight arrival from Darwin 6am., so we waited in there dining room & had some breaky. We weren't meant to check in until 2pm but the duty manager saw how tired we were & gave us an early check-in @ 12 noon & even an upgrade to a Deluxe room !! Wow !!!
Didn't have to walk up any stairs as the lift was great. Third floor room but on the road traffic side of the building but the noise from the traffic wasn't too bad.
Room was modern, Queen size bed but hard & firm mattress. Bathroom is small but good size shower with plenty of hot water. Excellent bathroom accessories, housekeeping service very good & honest, no probs.
Breakfast wash incl in our room rate but the breaky was just ok, I.e., scrambled eggs every morning with bacon, ham or small sausages, everyday one dish different. But excellent Danish Pastries !
My only complaint was the Restaurant's selection of wines ! Yuk !! Chilian !
Upon check out, no worries, they checked the room & found I had left a couple of items & returned them to me immediately, again Great Service !!!
We would have Loved to stay there another 7 days but there room rate increased due to the public holidays here in the Philippines. We found a better rate at similar hotel just around the corner (which I will review later).
Overall, I would recommend La Corona as a good basic Hotel with excellent service & close to downtown old Manila & all the sites plus close to Robinson's Mall within walking distcance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street noise traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paem62

Dear Paem62,

Thank you so much for your great review! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our flight landed pretty early in the morning, we sprung the extra cash (about 800P total for everyone) to have the hotel pick us up, when we arrived around 6am we were told we would have to wait until 1-2pm before the room would be ready, it wasn't occupied at the time as far as we knew so why the 6 hour wait? Thankfully we only waited until 11am. The staff wasn't being rude they just seemed to be following strict guidelines that couldn't be broken.
That's as bad as it got, after that everything was better, the room was very comfortable, the beds were nice and praise be to Zeus air conditioning...sweet sweet air conditioning. The bathroom was clean and we really appreciated the room safe. The breakfast buffet was excellent but small however they tend to you very well.
When it was time to leave I again paid to be driven to the airport this time for a lower rate (400P) I had the van all to myself so that was enjoyable.

The area surrounding the hotel had a very shady feeling to it however I had no problems walking around at night, the people were friendly enough. Be sure to visit the Robinson Mall a few blocks away and the Mall of Asia right on the shoreline if you need...anything at all. If you must be in the area I do recommend this hotel but the nice places to visit are outside Ermita.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yeez

Dear Yeez,

Greetings from BESt WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila!

Thank you for your comments as through these feedback we will continue to learn more about our guests and will help us provide them with such impeccable service. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.