“Bad, Bad, Bad”

JMM Apartment Suites
JMM Apartment Suites
Ranked #40 of 86 Specialty Lodging in Manila
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Individually owned unit and poorly maintained apartments. I reserved a studio that the owner of the unit turned into a two bedroom apartments. Just imagined how to get around the room 30D. The refrigerator door would not closed. The owner of the unit tied a rope around it to keep it closed. Hence, we were not able to used it. The unit on the 23rd floor was worse. The old television would not even work. We selected the 30D and this is what we got. Housekeeping was bad. You constantly have to call them to clean your room. I believe there were only two housekeeper working for JMM. The unit itself was terrible. I felt like I was in the circus with walls and boards painted in different colors.

Do not stay here!!! Owner of the unit is up for nothing except collecting your money.
I paid 2300 pesos for the room that's probably 1000pesos

Stay away from JMM.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jonnhyu
There are newer reviews for JMM Apartment Suites

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The room we have is OK ( Studio as per picture above ) but the bed is tint with no top sheet & a small Donna & a great location ].
BUT.
The worst thing is that the Kitchen, Bathroom & Bed room are home to hoards of COCKROACHES.
I advised Management to no avail, so bought Spray which has only slightly reduced the infestation. We only have 1 more night here so will live with it but will spray everywhere before sleeping.
DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Don't stay herein any room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a total of 5 nights devided into to stays. The first part was quite good so I decided to book the second part of my stay.
I tried to book directly with the Filipina wife Jamila who gave me a higher rate than booking.com.When I came to check in, the Egyptian owner realized he missed out on not paying commission and gave me a better rate to encourage me to book directly next time.
The great shock came when I tried to go out of my room and found it jammed.I tried to call reception but no one picked up.I had to ring ground floor reception to get someone to open the door.I was moved to another room which wasn't checked out.
Upon my return at 3pm, they assured me the room has already been serviced. To my dismay, I found the linen unchanged with a strand of black hair on the bed and the toilets had the used towels still lying on the shower floor.The housekeeping was sloppy and the attempt to hide the fact that the room wasn't serviced failed.
I also didn't get a good sleep on my last night, as the band next door played loudly until the early hours of the morning.The whole area around it is full of bars and restaurant s which are noisy in the evening and more so on weekends.

Room Tip: Probably rooms facing the back will be less noisy. Don't book here if you're afraid of heigh...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Marichu M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

From the time we checked in , jmm made us realized that it was a mistake to choose their company. We were fully paid in Advance 5days before dec. 31 for a 2-bedroom unit and we were assured to check in early before 12nn,and a receipt without TIN was given to us. But when we arrived at 11:30am, the unit was given to another party who just reserved the night before. We were asked to wait, and they finally settled us at 2:30pm. And at 5pm we were being asked by the owner of the unit to pay. We told the owner that it was jmm who gave us the unit and it is their responsibility for we already paid them. Then at 6pm, we were threatened by the owner of the unit that we will be forced to leave her unit bec. Jmm is not coordinating with her, thus fed up with all of these- my husband went to their office together with the owner`s messenger. My husband was asked to pay additional payment which was not the agreement. But for the harassment of the owner to stop and just to let this stresses leave us before the new year begins and for my family to finally enjoy the day- he paid, after all it's just money. But I hope JMM will learn a lesson that money is not everything- your service is very poor and stressful. What matters most is the service which will bring the money in for the business.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank graceb04
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good, if you like staying in Malate, which is the liveliest part of Manila, two steps from the Bay, with plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, and located right on top of the Robisons mall, the largest in Malate.

It is kind of a serviced apartment, not a hotel. The way it works is that a group of Egyptians own or rent a number of apartments in the tower, hire some cleaners and an office lady and then rent the rooms on a daily basis. The elevators are slow and there is a lot of traffic. The rooms are nicely renovated and very spacious, but service is not too good. The first day no one came no clean the room nor even change the towels.

There is a swimming pool in the 6th floor, but it only has 3 lounge chairs, so there is pretty much no place to lay down.

Apart from that, the price is not too expensive and the value for money is adequate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JohnFoster68
Reviewed October 29, 2012

OCTOBER 2012
DON'T STAY. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!
JMM Apartments Didn't honour our booking - gave room away.
After arriving from a flight from Melbourne to Manila the JMM apartments driver didn't arrive and upon arrival to the apartments and awaitinga further 1/2 hour we are advised that they have given our room away. The room was booked on booking.com. Our arrival was also confirmed via email the day before with the manager.
Incompetent security and staff attempted to shift us across the road to a 3 star sister hotel. We rejected the offer (it's now 1:00am) and stayed at the MIDAS which was wonderful. Nice room, pleasant staff.
Booking.com followed up our complaint and JMM manager provided incorrect / misleading info saying that we arrived with 9 guests and they couldn' accommodate - FACT= there was 2 of us!
Enough said - TERRIBLE, DON'T STAY!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at JMM apartments. - Alternatively stay at the MIDAS hotel was wonderful!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Courtney S
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had to wait to check in as the 36 apartments (which are on the 28th to 30th floors of this well located Tower 1 Robinsons complex next to Robinsons Place Mall in Ermita) were full. Apparently the Saudi Arabian owner has nine cleaning staff but it is insufficient, although some guests stay for a few nights.

To get up into the apartment area, one has to wait until a staff member comes down: this took 10 minutes. There is a room on the 28th floor that is used for checkin.

There is an inadequate four lifts: at times I was waiting three or four minutes.

The apartment had a lovely parquetry floor. The kitchen was quite a reasonable size: utensils and some crockery as well as a few items of cooking equipment (which I did not use) were supplied. The range is gas, while there was a good size modern refrigerator.

The kitchen bench (Ceasar stone or similar) was covered with a hard plastic above it (gap of some millimetres). Above it were cupboards: a great way to bump one's head.

The lounge room was small but had a modern plasma TV, along with two transverse extremly cheap pine sofas (more like bench seats) with horrible vinyl. There was a large pillar near the room's entrance which had to be squeezed past: a second hazard.

The bedroom had a comfortable bed and a small table with two chairs. The curtains were cheap.

The bathroom had an adequate shower but no toilet roll holder! Water was little more than tepid.

Upon checkout at 0700 on a Sunday morning, the door to the checkin room was open but noone was to be seen. From the ground floor lobby, security called up with a very grumpy Filipina appearing to give me back my P1000 security deposit: no thanks, no smile.

Overall at P2800 through www.booking.com this was reasonable vaklue but I prefer an hotel room. The JMM individual apartments are each furnished differently. Despite asking, I had a view of Robinsons Place Mall's cooloing toweers not one of Manila Bay.

The owner needs to train his staff to be courteous: one wasn't (the others were pleasant). Signs in Arabic are also offputting to the many Western guests.The noise from an adjacent karaoke bar until perhaps 0100 was also very offputting, 30 floors uop, although this is no fault of JMM.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple