“A great introduction to Intramuros with the twist of the segway ride.”

White Knight Electric Chariot Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 31 Tours in Manila
More attraction details
Owner description: Exclusive guided Intramuros Manila tours on Electric Chariots. We offer the best of what a historical Manila tour has to offer, something that would take you days to do on your own travel in Manila. Sightseeing one tourist attraction to another on the Electric Chariots with expert tour guides.
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting from California and wanted to learn about the history of Manila. This tour was set up for me by family who live in the Philippines. It was a great introduction to the history of the area and the electric chariots were a blast to ride. None of us in our party of 6 had ever used a segway before and after some instructions by our guides we were able to pick it up with no problem. The guides were friendly and knowledgeable. At the end of the tour it started raining very heavily and the guides made arrangements to have us picked up in a shuttle to keep us dry on the trip back to the hotel.

All reviews
"bike"
in 4 reviews
"highlights"

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been wanting to ride the Segway since I read about it during the Beijing Olympics in 2008. Finally was able to do just that when I came across the White Knight Chariot Tours at discounted rates (php500/pax).

It was scary at first - thought I would fall for sure since I'm really bad at balancing (can't even ride a bike.) and driving (I'll commute or walk any time!).

But the White Knight Tours staff were very patient in teaching us newbies in driving the segway using only our weight. Of course, the 5-minute tutorial was not enough as we just went around the cramp area inside the Plaza San Luis Complex. I was especially apprehensive when going up or down an incline. And since Intramuros is paved with pebbled stones, I imagined myself bouncing up and down and then falling flat on my face!

No such thing happened, thank God! Once we were on the tour around historic Intramuros, I surprisingly got the hang of it (probably the only other means of transportation I can "drive," apart from bump cars!). We were the last batch for the day (6 pm) so it was getting dark and a tad windy. But it was really nice especially making the segway go faster and faster. Darn those cars that got in our way!

I must admit I wasn't really paying much attention to the history lessons of the tour guide since I was so busy "driving." One hour was really too short a time - I wanted to go on and never stop! And if a segway-like unit isn't that expensive, think I'll buy one so I can ditch commuting at last. But then again since Manila is known for its maniacal drivers, better not. White Knight Tours also offers a 2-hour segway tour, so maybe I'll just go on that tour next time!

No need to buy the insurance offered by the staff before the tour starts (the tour is super safe), but don't forget to tip your guides (at least php100 please since they make the tour enjoyable and safe).

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a well organised and very safe tour around the Old Town. The machines are not Segway but still seemed well maintained and constructed. The Tour is informative and fun if your first time on Segway's.

As you have guides walking with you there is not much opportunity to have any real fun on the Segway and that was our only disappointment - they were overly safe and we are experienced riders who like to have some fun.

If you want more history and insight into the sites then a Walking Tour would be better but if you have not Segwayed before then this will give you both history and a safe experience on Segway's.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a refreshing and fun way to appreciate my home city manila. The staff are friendly and accomodating. The tour guide was very jolly and kept on giving us pop quizzes about Philippine history hahaha

After the tour, go to the nearby san agustin church and submerge yourself to its history and architecture

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you're looking for a tour that's fun but not too serious, I would recommend the White Knight tour. The segways are fun and you get enough training before you go out that you feel confident and safe (plus, the areas they take you to are relatively quiet). The guides are nice (notably Handsome Adrian) but if you're looking for serious historical information about the area, this tour is not for you. If you want to try something fun and different for an hour, the White Knight tours are a great choice.

We also did a driving tour with White Knight tours in the afternoon that took us around Manilla to see many of the sites.