Red Planet Mabini
$95
$90
$116
$109
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
$59
$37
$78
$42
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
$38
$25
  • Restaurant
Hotel H2O(Manila)
$79
$69
1,039 results
All reviewstune hotelbudget hotelceiling fanchinese restaurantrooms are smallconvenience storethe ground floorair conditioningthe red light districtmoney changermalate churchwalking distancehot showerwater pressurenight lifemanila bayclean hotel
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I always make sure I set my expectations low when trying budget accommodations so as not to get disappointed.Let's admit,budget accommodations in the Philippines come cheap but it means sacrificing quality 90% of the time.We seem to have the mentality here that since you are paying less,you should not complain of you get something that sucks.I guess Tune Hotels are different.We checked in at Tune-Ermita and I was impressed the moment we entered the lobby.So it is possible? The hotel lobby was minimalist in design and interior.Nothing fancy yet maintaining class.It's clean and it smells good,that good to start with.

If you are familiar with the brand,you easily get a grasp at the concept of ad-ons.It basically is like this,they have a base rate for the rooms,depending on availability and season but it could get as low as 888pesos.It's up to you if you want extras,say,internet,cable tv,airconditioner and/or towels.Each would have specific cost but at a minimal rate.Point is,you can fine tune your needs and avail of only the necessities.That said,you don't have to pay for the internet if you don't need it.Or if you are traveling with your own towel the you don't have to avail of it.Ad-ons are for you to decide.Fair enough ayt?DON'T WORRY If it is the basic need to check emails or google something that you need, they have computer terminals in the lobby which you can access for free.

The bed! I was really surprised to see a bed this good in a budget hotel.a 5-star bed at 1-star price.Are you kidding me?But it's true.5-star beds indeed.
And the linens and pillows are nothing but clean and good smelling. Tune Hotels sure know the essentials.It rained a lot during our stay in Tune Ermita and that translates to staying indoor most of the time.We love cuddling on rainy days.The bed lived to its promise.

Tune Ermita is close to the entertainment district of Malate.Everybody knows Malate.It's popular to both locals and foreigners for its fine dining and night life.Is it clubbing you want?You are at the heart of it.

It's also walking distance from Baywalk.Manila Bay sunset!There's also Raja Sulayman Park where Ermita Church is located.Tune Ermita is five minutes away from the Cultural Center on the South and five minutes to Luneta historic Intramuros and Fort Bonifacio on the North.The National Museum is also nearby as well as Manila Ocean Park.If it is shopping,SM Mall of Asia is only 15minutes away while Resorts world Manila could be accessed via Roxas Blvd. for approximately 20-30 minutes taxi ride.Talk about Central locations.Just a little warning though,be a little careful when walking around Ermita,especially at night.Some areas/streets are poorly lit so better stay away from them.Hotel security is guaranteed only within the vicinity of the hotel.

This hotel puts you in control.

I am very happy that this famous hotel brand is making a strong presence in the Philippines.I can't wait for Ortigas branch to open coz Ortigas is my access point to and from my residence in Binangonan Rizal.We sometimes get too lazy to go home when doing errands in the Metro that we check in in some stinky budget accommodation in the area.Tune Hotels will soon change that too.

Room Tip: Book early, think of booking an airplane ticket,it could really get very cheap when you book in advance. They have rooms too for people with disabilities (wheelchair rooms). The corner rooms are also more spacious so you might want to inquire about that.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank pusangkalye
Reviewed August 2, 2012

To answer a previous post: Phone Number: 6037-962-5802. Found the staff to be pleasant, rooms clean efficient but pretty compact. Water pressure was excellent on the top floor. A/C silent and cool.
I can sympathize with anyone who has been through a typhoon in the Philippines. Even the best facilities can experience extended blackouts. When they do happen everyone is uncomfortable. You just got to grin and bear it. Ask politely for refunds for services that were not received or voucher/credit for another stay.

During the last typhoon (Gener) 26 people were killed and over 332,000 people were displaced. I'm pretty sure any one of those folks would have loved to be in "Tune" even without A/C.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank edinstk
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at Tune Hotel Ermita during a storm in Metro Manila and was really disappointed with the proactiveness and customer service of the staff and management. It seemed like there was no advanced planning for worst case scenarios like power outage.

The power went out around 12AM and up until we left at past 8AM, the power was still out. The pillows, without the airconditioning, were starting give out a funky smell and the water in the toilet ran out. There were tiny irritating insects that started flying around, annoying us. Worst is the heat in the room. The windows were locked so no air was coming in. I thought that they could've at least went from room to room to explain to their guests the situation instead of waiting for guests to go down the stairs, which was not lighted, and ask. They could've offered to open the locked windows and even offer decent fans so guests can get by. Also, upon checkout, the staff didn't tell us upfront that there could be a refund for the inconvenience. I had to ask for it. They only refunded the 12-hour air-conditioning we paid for. When I asked about the cable add-on that we also paid for that went out at 11PM, the staff said their manager went out and if I want to, I can wait for the manager to come back to ask for the cable add-on refund request. For me, a manager, during a crisis like that should be the one manning the reception to cater to the guests feedback or requests. For this manager to go in and out of the office as if it's a normal day, shows something about the professionalism and dedication, right?

Hotel establishments, even if self-declared "only the basics" backpackers hotel, should have worst case scenarios viewed in advance and therefore have backup plans. Why weren't there any backup generators or spare generator batteries? Why did the management not do anything, even small things to make the guests feel their concern? I guess they didn't care much. There were even kids staying there that night.

We went home stressed, exhausted, hungry, and lacking sleep. For 6 hours we were tossing and turning in that small box of a room without decent air. We went there to get some good night's sleep and relax but instead I felt like I was robbed of my day of rest. Will never recommend Tune Ermita. Because they showed me that in a tough situation, they can't handle it.

Room Tip: Don't stay there when there's a storm. I think even motel rooms have better backup generators than this "hotel".
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jinky G
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Has anyone written down the contact number for either Hotel reception desk..

I would really appreciate the help.. the local hotel number is not listed on Tune
website or anywhere else. That is too strange. Whats the big deal to be
able to find the number easily.

Thanks

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
32  Thank brady t
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Very Clean Hotel, Staff and securities are all friendly!! the only dissapointment was this is the only hotel i've seen that you have to pay for AC,TV, Towels and Internet. Rooms are fairly small, no chairs or table.other than that this is great hotel to sleep for 1 nite or 2.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family