“Not as bad as I expected due to previous reviews...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Seasons Cafe

Seasons Cafe
Ranked #519 of 950 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: International, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Ermita
Manila, Philippines
“Not as bad as I expected due to previous reviews...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

We purchased a deal for a discounted voucher and went there for dinner. We were seated immediately and we started getting our food right away. My 1st complain would be, the food were already too cold. To think we were one of the 1st group to arrive for dinner. 2nd, almost all the staff running the entire restaurant we're trainees! I don't have anything against them but let's admit it, they're not giving great service as much as the pros. 3rd, some of the dishes we too bland that you won't be able identify what dish was that. 4th, the person manning the grilling station, grilled our food too much that I think it is already very bitter and carcinogenic. I really don't blame the trainees, I think it's more of a management problem. Either way, I still find our dining experience okay. But if you're used to other hotel's restaurants, then this is incomparable. This is average, almost close to poor.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank lizl0ves2travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Planet Venus
“Seasons Cafe, Manila Pavilion - Worst buffet and service in Manila”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

This restaurant does not merit any positive rating because its service and buffet offering is sub-standard.

This was my second visit to Seasons Cafe. My first visit was already a bad experience, this time around, I can truly state that Seasons Cafe is the worst buffet service ever and am downgrading my rating for this restaurant from a 1 (bad) to a zero or a negative zero if there was ever one

I was in town and a friend had bought coupons (from a group buying site) to celebrate a birthday sooo half-heartedly we trudged to Seasons the second time around...hoping things will be better.

we arrived at a not so late time of 1230 pm for lunch, and most food items had already been depleted. Hoping for replenishments was a futile exercise as replenishments never came and if it did then it came towards the end of the buffet service.

The grill items ran out of stock, the plates near the grill station were empty. the roast which was roast pig again was already bones (even the eyes were gouged out already). My companion ordered a grilled item and it came to our table when we were having dessert. Good thing though they had finally found their carving knife but there was already no meat to carve and the roast was never replenished either our first visit here last month, staff did not comply to guests' request to carve more meat because they couldn't find the knife.

Staff were not knowledgeable about what was being served on the buffet spread. When asked about a certain pork dish, the poor staff could only mutter it's Viennese and that's about all he knew about the dish.

The Pasta station was also deplorable. Staff never bothered to rinse the pan after making one's guest order of pasta and proceeded to the next order even though it was a different sauce that the next guest wanted.

Aside from the limited food fare, it was slim pickings for food items that were edible and palatable

The buffet service was a comedy of errors. The juice jug was replaced several times but the bad news was there were no glasses made available. People resorted to using their water glass. Some went up to the bar to fetch glasses. I too had to resort to going to the bar to get glasses. And I was appalled at what I witnessed - the bartender just quickly swished the glass with water and dried the glass. Ewwww talk about hygiene...

We had pointed this out to the manager who was aimlessly floating about. She gave excuses such as there were glasses made available but there were too many guests and they were snapped up immediately to excuses that things are slow because they were hand washed individually. And it took quite sometime for glasses to be available because there was only one person in the bar washing the glasses.

I believe that professional organizations do not make privvy to their guests about their company's issues and problems. Instead of making excuses, they should have acted on guests' concerns immediately to ensure a smooth flow of events.

The thing is, when one tray of glasses came out (yup only one tray of glasses came out each time), there was no juice available and when several jugs came out, there was no glasses available.

Ditto goes for the food items. When the kitchen rolled out food replenishments, there were no plates available and people resorted to using soup bowls, dessert plates or whatever plates were left. And vice versa, when there were plates - there was no food available to put on the plates.

Table Setup- it was a cramped affair with tables too close to each other that when one would get out of his/her seat by just an inch they would bump to the seat at the other table. It was very uncomfortable set-up.

Staff were uncoordinated with conversations being heard at earshot arguing as to who does what. Do the chefs bring the food to the table, who gets more items in the kitchen etc.

The dessert ladies again complained of having to refill the small fruit bowl when she had just replenished it.

We ended up more hungry than being full.

I was told that over 4,000 coupons were sold so Seasons should have forecasted their food and staff requirements. Besides, even though their buffet price was discounted and sold at a group buying site.. isn't this the perfect time for Seasons to bring out their best service and food offerings so people would have a good impression about Seasons Cafe, come back for more and recommend it to their friends and family? Apparently Seasons Cafe is turning away guests with their sub-standard food fare and service.

I would have thought that Vikings was the worst hotel buffet and buffet service in Manila , but Seasons Cafe beat Vikings to it and takes the icing on the cake with flying colors and honors.

No animal and decent human being with at least half a brain should be subjected to Seasons Cafe buffet and service .

• Visited December 2011