“a mixed reaction”

Ranked #4 of 1,170 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: My Kitchen at the Oasis offers a wide selection of international dishes and a contemporary Mediterranean dining experience. Come visit us and enjoy! The cuisine by Chef James and his team
Reviewed July 2, 2016

I reviewed this restaurant some time ago and was staying in the Oasis Paco so ate here with friends
The Service is always good here attentive and with a smile
The fact you can get good New Zealand wine is a plus
Now the food I had the chicken with Rosti and Bourbon sauce was cooked and presented well The ladies had salad and was a good size however the seafood one lacked any zing had way to much oil and was so bland We thought needed an asian style would have been a better option (just saying )!
The same story with the second salad offering which was beef dressing was okay in flavour but was swimming in dressing

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (384)

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I came here with not much expectation, as a default or as we always do. We love trying different restaurants and seeing this one in the heart of Paco, Manila with a lot of good reviews so we tried, 'cause why not?

The place was nice and cozy, there were quite a number of people dining on a Sunday night. We had pumpkin soup, ox-tongue risotto and beef striploin with ratatouille and roasted sweet potatoes.

Complimentary bread was so-so. The olive oil dip was with basil and parmesan, which was actually nice.

Pumpkin soup was a bit of a letdown. It was overpowered by the beef stock. And it was too thick as well. Could have been reall lovely if the stock wasn't strong.

However going to our mains.. it was divine! Ox-tongue risotto and striploin were so good. We really enjoyed it. The beef itself didn't even need any sauce. The ratatouille was also nicely done (it's just unfortunate that I dont eat bell pepper). The servings are also generous. The menu is surprisingly inexpensive- when you get their kind of serving from a restaurant in makati or bgc, you'll probably have to pay double or even triple.

The staff are also nice and very helpful.

We had a very satisfying dinner despite the pumpkin soup. I'm sure there's a quick fix to that. There's so many other things to try on their menu as well.. I would definitely come back to try their pasta and desserts (i.e. tiramisu).. not to mention they have gelato in the hotel reception. Too bad I could no longer have some (too full! :D).(Fyi, My Kitchen is inside Oasis hotel)...

Thanks so much for the lovely dinner, My Kitchen! Who knew this simple restaurant at the heart of Paco is a hidden gem. We're so glad we tried it.

Z

Reviewed June 24, 2016

I'm not a fan of Italian Cuisine but they gave justice for Italian greatness in their restaurant....

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed June 13, 2016 via mobile

This place is a little pricey in Manila terms but the quality is great. The portions are huge as well. I had the prawn chicken in a lemon sauce and my friend the ratitoulle and they were delicious. The next night I had thr risotto which was nice but the chicken was nicer. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

Food was not bad at all and pretty much unexpected. But even the run of the mill items, breakfast, pizza, and so on, were almost twice what the local market would bear. I heard more people express desire (and action) to dine elsewhere than in most all other hotels I've visited.

Date of visit: April 2016