“The Original (ex Panniza) in an Oasis”

My Kitchen at the Oasis
Ranked #2 of 1,063 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: My Kitchen at the Oasis offers a wide selection of international dishes and a contemporary Mediterranean dining experience. Come visit us and enjoy! The cuisine by Chef James and his team
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hidden in a side street by the Paco Park, a less glamorous part of town, lies the Oasis Hotel and on the ground floor the family friendly Mykitchen restaurant run by checf Chris. He is often seen around and staff/service are remarkably good for a non-5 star hotel in this city. But what is remarkable is the quality and the freshness of the food. Head there for the famous Panniza (now called the Original) - a ultra-thin crust pizza that you roll along with rocket and alfafa. For a more hearty meal get a risotto or a pasta and top it with a nice creamy desert or the rich ice cream.... well worth hailing from fancy makati malls to this place

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place serves good food and they provide good service. Before coming here, my expectations were rather high due to the ratings given here that seem to praise it to high heavens. Another is the price, I did check their website where they posted their menus with prices and I thought, that is a bit on the high side - I thought, they must be cooking something really good! So wifey and I went - I had the lamb shank and the wife had the risotto (which I sample too). So what do I think? Very good! However for the price you pay, I was expecting - great food. I've been to several restaurants also in Italy and the quality of food in My Kitchen is comparable but the price is even higher in My Kitchen than in Europe. So, I'll keep it at 4 star rating.

1  Thank Gali_Valiente
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had the oasis salad, slow roasted chicken, homemade sausages, risotto con pollo and spaghetti amatriciana. All viands were divine. The attentiveness of the staff was impressive. Water was refilled and plates were changed without being asked. Chef Chris spent some time chatting with us, making our experience more personalized.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The location is odd - near Paco Park in the crowded and dingier area of Manila. It's inside the Oasis Hotel. But once inside, take a seat and order! Their food is all around good. Their "Original" panizza is famous and shouldn't be missed. Their sausages are home made and are delicious!

The staff were very attentive and quick! The place gets packed quick so make a reservation ahead of time.

No wonder this is #1 on Tripadvisor!

1  Thank misterjar
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I liked the original Tinlou very much bit was disappointed with the pasta dishes. Also disappointed that they did not have their famous chocolate cake available. Their Tiramisu was no good and was very heavy. Tasted like they used cream cheese instead of mascarpone. Don't go there for lunch unless you only want to eat the Tinlou. Maybe better to only go for dinner or weekends.