“Very nice design in the room and cool rooftop”

The Bayleaf Intramuros
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Very good service from straff, very nice view and good food at the restaurant at the rooftop. Comfortable beds, cool design of the room and delicious breakfast. I surprised my husband since it was his birthday and the Hotel arranged flowers and a bit of cake and they even sang for him!

• Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The room was spacious and clean. The staff were really friendly and the hotel services were really efficient. Really love the skybar! We had our dinner there. Love the food and the ambiance! Definitely will stay there again for the next trip to Manila,

Room Tip: Higher floor have better view of Intramuros city
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I m staying at the bay leaf hotel in Manila ,and I can't say enough about how wonderful it is here. I follow trip advisor routinely on travel,trust me the hotel they recommend will not disappoint. Small negative no pool but location in the older part of Manila makes up for it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bigjohn2832
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at Bayleaf since last year. Last year was more memorable since we spent the eve of the Chinese New Year at the SkyDeck lounge. I booked this year but was a day short and missed the NY. Check-in was fast as usual. Since the place was fully booked for the long weekend, I found out we were upgraded to a premier room. What a bonus since the rooms are quite small. Once again, I love the fun color theme of the rooms. This time around it was orange. The bathroom was quite huge and well-lit. No stains, malfunctioning shower heads or drains. Bayleaf is know to be a haven for tourists who are exploring old Manila (on foot) and for weddings. I saw 5 different brides at the lobby in one day.

One thing that needed to be improved I think was the menu for breakfast which was the same for 2 days as well as the dinner buffet at the SkyDeck lounge. It was exactly the same the night before. I don't mind the same set but at least change some of the dishes or salads.

The Skydeck ala carte menu on the other hand, has a good variety. My son especially loved the 4-cheese pizza and I love how they prepared the cajun chicken pasta. Or I think that's how they called it. Overall it was still a wonderful staycation at the Bayleaf. I would still recommend the Skydeck lounge if you want to hangout with friends and family in the evening.

By the way, the hotel has no pool or gym facility. But it's right smack inside Intramuros for a reason. Best place to stay if you want a 360 view of old Manila

Room Tip: The rooms are quite small so if you're traveling with kids, better get the premiere room. I also...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Luciouslu
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Only had the one night here but the staff were excellent, very focused on providing excellent customer service. The room was very comfortable and had a bonus of a view over the intramuros. The rooftop bar gives amazing views and I'd recommend booking the smaller sky deck for the higher elevation. All in all a lovely stay and would certainly book here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David A
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The rooms are A-ok, not big but just right. It is homey, very good wifi connection, nice t&b, love the lighting and super like the security access on the elevators. But what makes this boutique hotel extra ordinary aside from its sky deck (with overlooking view of manila, roxas blvd and a glance of makati....which is super nice too.) is the superb service. Hotel staff and managers are courteous, fast and efficient. Their service makes you feel so welcome, so at home and so wanting to go back. Best, i suggest, is to add tours in intramuros for hotel guests and spa, perhaps. But all in all, this is one place which we can say, a place just like home.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had to attend an affair at the Bayleaf and we decided to stay overnight afterwards. I tried to book online but all the booking sites said no room available. I called the hotel and was able to get a room. Francis of Reservations was very helpful. Upon his suggestion, I availed of their privilege card which entitled the bearer to discounts on dining and room rates, free dinner/lunch in their restaurants, etc.
I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The lobby was small, but elegantly decorated. The girls at the front desk were very attentive and helpful. Check-in was a breeze. I like that you cannot access the guest floors without a key card. We got a superior room which was facing the golf course. It was bigger than what I expected. Beds and pillows were okay. Amenities were minimal, though. You had to pay for bathrobes and slippers. Wi-Fi was available but only for one device at a time. The bathroom was spacious too.
We had dinner at the Sky Deck. The Sky Deck provided a great view of Manila. However, the buffet spread was very limited and the food was mediocre at best. Breakfast at 9 Spoons was just as disappointing. Breakfast buffet had very few choices. Maybe next time we'll just eat out if we stay here again.
We weren't able to go around Intramuros anymore because of the lack of time. But we intend to do so one of these days. If we do, we'll make Bayleaf our base.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family