“This design hotel deserves every **** star with a friendly, professional staff and awesome view over old Intramuros.”

The Bayleaf Intramuros
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night and had to leave before sunrise. The staff prepared sandwich and coffe even before the restaurant was open for breakfast. The service level is high and they meet and follow up guests friendly and professional. The hotel has a tasty, contemporary and minimalistic design with amazing view over the old intramuros. I will definitely go back and next time stay longer than 5 am!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Oystein S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked 2 nights at the Bayleaf, first night in the deluxe room and the 2nd night in the premier room. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly at the reception informing us that we have a free upgrade to the premier room for the first night so we didnt have to hassle about the 2nd day to transfer the rooms.

The hotel does not have a gym or swimming pool but its restaurant, 9spoons serves very decent western and local food. We were however, slightly disappointed by the much raved Sky Deck because the lighting were too dim (couldnt quite read the menu and see our food) and having missed the sunset ( we went there past 7pm), the night view was decent.

Service in general, is very good. Staff are politely, especially Michelle (from reception). One thing to improve on perhaps would be the wireless network and the daily login / password needed. Perhaps it would be better to issue the customer 1 login / password that could be used throughout their entire stay. I would imagine people staying for 3-4 days would find it a hassle to have to ask for a new login every day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mtmy890
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked an overnight accommodation for my hubby's birthday last June 29. Even though I only booked a day before his birthday they were able to provide all my requests. They set up the room with rose petals, balloons, and cake. It was a hassle free stay since I only have to call once to have everything prepared. The staff from reservation to reception to housekeeping were all very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay here plus the food was very good as well. We were not able to experience the Sky deck though because of the bad weather but will surely go back to Bayleaf.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anna B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in the Bayleaf for 3 nights in room 606. Overall very positive experience - the location is great for exploring Intramuros or walking to Rizal Park. The hotel has modern decor with a lot of bright colors in the hallways, though the colors in the room were restrained. The room was clean and nicely laid-out with a view over the walls to the golf course and city beyond. And the roof-top deck was a great place for a beer and snack.

On the downside, the room was fairly small and while the shower was very large, there was no bathtub. Also, there was no hotel guide book or room-service menu in the desk drawers and while there was free wifi in the rooms, I found it next to useless as it took >5 minutes for basic websites to load, when they did manage to load. Lastly, there is no gym in the hotel.

But overall it was a positive experience and I would come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mitchttt
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on a stopover in Manila. Intramuros is a great area, and our room had a nice view over the wall towards the city. The room was small, but big enough for a short stay. Everything was clean & well maintained. Unfortunately it was raining during our visit, so we couldn't make use of the rooftop bar. The staff let us go up to have a look at the view, and it would be an awesome place to sit and watch the sunset while downing a cold san mig. We ended up eating in the restaurant inside. The staff were attentive & the food was very good. Breakfast was also good.
Overall, a great hotel with very friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DiMaybs
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I been stayed in Bayleaf and I felt so Happy and a little bit trembled. Its so funny to hear that but that is true. Mr. Darsi Assisted me at 9 spoon for my breakfast and i felt so trembled, he is so charming in his own way. Bayleaf is have a uniqueness of handling a guest and had different style in terms of serving.. .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Kendra Anne T
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The rooftop restaurant is perfect for a late relax with a drink.
The breakfast is very tasty with a wide range of food.
Location is another strong point. Hotel is located within a city of Inramuros.
Very good value for the money and no weak points for me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends