“Love this Hotel”

The Bayleaf Intramuros
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently visited this hotel in April and loved the overall value I got from it. It was a great price and the the stay was quiet and lovely. The staff was amazing !! Everyone knew how to do their job well and knew how the hotel ran from head to toe.

Thanks for the lovely stay!

Room Tip: Get up high so you can really need manila :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We celebrated our parents anniversary at the hotel's rooftop bar and stayed for the night in their deluxe room.

One thing I'm particular at hotels are bathrooms and I must say that our rooms bathroom was modern and clean.

Our overall experience was great, the service from the hotel and restaurant staff was very good. The rooms albeit small was relaxing and cozy.

I'd definitely go back,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Positive
Excellent service especially when checking out the receptionist advised there was an over payment and refunded us money. Staff always greeted us with a smile and were attentive to our needs.

Has a nice sky bar over looking intramuros and the city but a little pricey.

Hotel about 10 mins walk to SM city.

Breakfast okay.

Bed is comfortable, nice hot shower with large shower head, amenities (a big tick in the box for me), bar fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, cable tv and our room had a nice view of the city and golf course/parkland.

Negative
Wifi cuts out now and then and is limited to one user only.

Bathroom door hits again the toilet.

Overall we had a pleasant stay. Certainly would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Pros:
Good location in old city Manila
Clean and new hotel
They packaged my breakfast for my airplane trip
Helpful staff
Great rooftop bar and restaurant

No cons

I would suggest this place to a friend and would def come back..350peso Taxi from international airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Justin M
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The location in Intramuros is excellent. I've been to Manila before and wanted to stay somewhere that's away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I liked to walk around the Intramuros, it felt like a little self-contained oasis from the city. The rooms are facilities are clean and spacious. I felt the choices at breakfast were a bit limited though but overall great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sina78
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my first time @ this hotel, and I think the service exceeded my expectations. the location is superb if you are sightseeing or having to do business with immigration, etc. The hotel itself is within the Intramuros walls, and right next to tthe golf course. I was on the seventh floor and the views were spectacular. But the views atop the sky deck was Marvelous! The room was big, and the bathroom with bidet was HUGE. Like the other reviews, the hotel is pretty hip and colorful. I would Stay here again. My new favourite hotel in manila.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Byroenius
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. It is a little far from the airport. That is about the only drawback. The service staff is excellent. The location is great. The hotel sits right next to the golf course in Intramuros. Intramuros Manila is the old Manila City, so you are within walking deistance to many of the tourist locations in this area. The hotel sits inside Intramuros right next to the eastern wall of intramuros.

The room was very clean,and the beds are comparable to any 5 star hotel I have stayed. This is a fairly new hotel, and both management and staff are still learning many of the details of running a hotel. I had an issue, and they did take care of it in a very professional manner, by the time I departed.

The one drawback is it lacks proper taxi service. I wish they had a van shuttle to take you out to the airport and at least to one of the malls close by. I would still use it, even if they charged a minimal fee. I did some walking and was able to walk to Robinsons Mall Ermita. It was a 25 minute walk through Rizal park, and Del Pilar Street. It was a safe walk, but did it in the daytime. Bars and clubs are all along Del Pilar on the way to Robinsons Mall. A very busy street, so the walk was entertaining.

The hotel has a top floor view deck that is exceptional. One one side, you get a view of all of Manila, and on the other side, you get a view of the ocean and the port. Interesting to watch the ships go by. I did not go up at night, and was told the night view is amazing.

Going back to taxi's. The fare from the airport to the hotel, on a yellow airport metered taxi came to about P370. With tip I paid about P450. I did see a fight between a passenger and a taxi driver. Apparently the taxi driver charged the passenger P3500. The drive from the airport to the hotel took about 35 minutes. On a busy day, it will take between 35 to 45 minutes. And you should not be paying anymore that what I paid. On my return to the airport, the meter showed only P280. I gave the drive P400. On your way to the airport, tell the driver to take the skyway. It is faster. Pre-arrange if possible for a taxi on your departure with the hotel staff, as it takes them a few minutes to find you a taxi.

They have a very nice buffet on Fridays and Saturdays at the skydeck. The breakfast was decent.

This hotel is an excellent choice if you are making a family trip for couple of days stay in Manila. It is far from a lot of things, if you are making a business trip or a very short stay, as drive to Makati is about an hour or 450P taxi, and airport is about 45 minutes.

Room Tip: I had the city view, which was very nice to look out.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business