“High quality service”

The Bayleaf Intramuros
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel at the beginning of May 2012. It was my first time in the Philipinnes but I have to admit that by staying at the Bayleaf this experience was truly amazing. The hotel room was very comfortable, and the service was the highest quality, particularly the lobby staff. I would like to thank mostly Jenny, who was incredibly professional and very helpful. There were also other staff members, who were always ready to help like Fides and Alfie.
We had also breakfasts at the penthouse restaurant, which was also nice, and two delicious dinners at the same restaurant. I would also like to recommend visiting the sky deck - spectacular view, very tasty drinks. If I come back to Manila, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.
Darek from Poland

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dariusz B
There are newer reviews for The Bayleaf Intramuros

Reviewed May 18, 2012

A lovely new hotel, small but comfortable rooms, provided with everything a traveler needs, good wifi connection, great rooftop view. Poor breakfast for western travelers, mostly filipino food, but on request they can serve you something else. A perfect gateway to intramuros (the site is just in front of the hotel), rizal park is only a 10 min drive away, SM mall on walking distance, nearby is Ocean Park. Only minor thing: had to wait almost for 30 mins to get a taxi from the hotel during rush-hour (around 6pm). I stayed in several hotels in Manila the past 4 years, so far..this was the best.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bee D
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our experience at the Bayleaf was wonderful. The lobby staff are always helpful and professional. The breakfast at 9 spoons is excellent, servers are right efficient and always service with a smile. The security personnel very professional. The view from the sky deck and our room is perfect. One thing though the MOJITO at the Sky Deck sucks. Overall I rate it 4 stars but I still can't get over the bad mojito served at the Sky Deck.

Room Tip: Choose superior room with single queen and a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peps M
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed: March 10-11, 2012
Room type: Executive Suite (Black Room)

Likes:
-Location is inside Intramuros which is a historical location
-Trendy and new room
-Servers at 9Spoons are well trained.
-Food is nice at 9Spoons if you order a la carte.
-Nice view from the room and their restaurants

Dislikes:
-Servers at Sky Deck: They're confused and no one approached us for atleast 5mins.
-People from the lobby: They completely ignored us.
-Buffet breakfast was not impressive.
-Pizzas and quesadillas (at Sky Deck) were served cold and it has bones. I Liked the calamari though.

Room Tip: Select a room that has a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Empress1866
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had been warned not to expect anything special in Manila but The Bayleaf was very special. We had booked a week at Bohol Beach Resort and left a few extra days spare to find out what Manila was really like. We were impressed. Starting with such wonderful accommodation in the best tourist area of Manila, we were greatly impressed with the quality of The Bayleaf and most particularly, its staff. Nothing was too much trouble and Manager Jeffrey went out of his way to provided advice on where to go and what to see. We felt like we had our own personal assisant in Chester who helped us to our room and organised us into and out of taxis. Breakfast on the top floor was excellent value and the view was great. Early evenings on the rooftop deck bar was the perfect end to a day's sightseeing and shopping. Full points to The Bayleaf and to Manila.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paknasi
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at The Bayleaf Hotel for a night and I was surprise by the chic look and feel of the hotel. Once you enter Intramuros gate, this sight is hard to miss. It is newly renovated and has a modern design. The lobby is also a great start to a nice impression overall. The staff were all so friendly and accommodating. The room size is good enough. The view of the golf course and manila city hall is a plus as well. Modern amenities and basic room features. The bathroom is also well-designed and thought of. As well as the use of wall mirrors...and the pastel colors. It was a pleasant stay and the breakfast buffet is another great asset of the hotel. I guess the only downside is the rooms doesn't seem to be soundproof or resistant as you can hear anyone/anything from beyond your room door. But overall, the Bayleaf Hotel is a gem in itself. A nice place to relax and unwind in the busy streets of Manila.

Room Tip: request rooms facing the golf course/manila city hall and rooms in higher floors
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yan A
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Only opened in November 2011, the Bayleaf is an excellent stay for this price range. Away from the noise of makati, it provided me the chance to start walking around Intramuros at 7am when it is the coolest and quietest. What is most impressive is the service, they remembered my name throughout my stay, and I mean almost all the staff at the front desk. Everyone was chatty and warm, with smiles all round, every single time. They were very accommodating to me, even arranging a personal tour of the Quiapo Church and it's surrounding for me, what an authentic experience. The tour guide is actually a front desk staff on a day off, what a genuine effort he made, giving me an insight of the city and it's lives. He even brought me on a jeepney ride, i felt like a pinoy that afternoon. Bravo!

The room may be small but the bed was comfortable, the sheets are soft. The bathroom with the rain shower is excellent, spacious and bright indeed. The room was very well designed with good amenities well put together in the space. Painted in orange, it was always cheery inside. Ask for a good view, they did accommodate me and I had a room facing the Intramuros walls and the golf course.

The rooftop was quite a sight both in the morning and at night, don't miss it. The cafe on the ground floor has this excellent dessert churros with caramel dip, yummy and a must. They serve good coffees too! Just a few steps away is a convenience store and a local restaurant if you want to catch a local lunch cheap.

Taxi drivers are not familiar with its location as its really new, just tell them it is opposite the golf course and next to Manila High school. Arm yourself with their address!

After my stay in the luxurious Shangri la at Boracay, I was glad I stayed in the Bayleaf in Manila as I had 5 star service in a more modest establishment, but no less enjoyable. I highly recommend it, you will not regret it as it will win you over.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo