“Very impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Armada Hotel Manila
Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Manila
“Very impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I just completed a week stay and was very happy with the room, staff and buffet breakfast. It's also the only hotel in Manila I've stayed at where I didn't see one cockroach.

Only two areas disappointed me about staying here; the pool and its surroundings are very, very small and walking around the neighborhood or to Robinsons is a challenge due to the lack of sidewalks and good infrastructure in Malate. Using taxis are unfortunately a necessity here due to its location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank D G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lubbock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I didn't expect much from this hotel as I booked it only for one night and the price is reasonable. Though the location is not really good, I was surprised by their service. From the reception desk to the greeter, they all acted professional. The staff acted swiftly to bring our luggage to our room and after dropping the bags, he immediately turned around to leave not giving me enough time to draw money for tips. Of course, I did give him a tip after I chanced upon him at the main entrance. The breakfast was good. Lots of entries, with separate station for waffles and Omelette.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jocs21
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I, along with our son, stayed there for the celebration of our 10th year wedding anniversary last June 03, 2014. I just took the good reviews (with caution and trust) and made the booking. No single regrets at all! We enjoyed the swimming pool on the rooftop. Breakfast buffet is good!!! Now with bacon overload. Our room is great. I guess our positive vibes has just paid off with our experience. Thanks Armada!

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Efraem
ArmadaHM, Asst. Front Office Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are truly delighted to hear that you and your family choose to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary with us. Your review will surely motivate us to be at our best and give the utmost service to our guests.

We wish you all the best and we hope to see you again here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel is good. We got the nice room i think it is a condominium turned into a hotel. Cleen hotel but not too clean. Staffs is very unpolite they do only smile to all foreigners but not into it's locals. Nice cool aircon, pillows and linens cofortable. Area of this hotels is not so good close to nowhere and congested oneway road. There is a convinience store nearby. Roxas boulevard is also walking distance. Just beware of pick pocketers many is just waiting outside. Breakfast is terrible the restaurant is turning their ac unit on its full blast because they dont want to perspire so the food is also cold.

Room Tip: if you are staying in this hotel make sure you are only staying to relax inside the room because the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank Mejorell
ArmadaHM, Asst. Front Office Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 30, 2014

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking time in making this review. We are glad that you find our hotel to be good with nice and comfortable room.

However,we are sorry to hear about the impression you got from our staff. Rest assured that we have already reminded them to treat all guests fairly. Furthermore, we have also discussed with our Executive Chef the issue regarding the breakfast.

Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Ha Tien, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was there for few nights with my family, I had good services from staff, specially from these boys who looks after the pool. The room was beautiful,love the big bed. When I needed help, other two managers of HSKP willing to help with all their best to satisfy my request. Good location, I enjoyed my stay here. Will come back if I have chance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank nguyentuananh2205
ArmadaHM, Front Office Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 30, 2014

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also for finding our room to be beautiful. It was such a pleasure to hear that you appreciate our Housekeeping Manager's immediate assistance whenever you needed one.

We, at Armada Hotel Manila, make sure that providing a good service is our top priority.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward in welcoming you back here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Unfriendy staff. When we arrived we had to wait nearly 30 minutes before we could check in. Room was not clean and windows were filthy. Overprised for what you get there. Any time we asked for help or anything we got no help. It was really annoying.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Elina1357

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

We are sorry to hear that your visit here in Armada Hotel Manila did not meet your expectations. We have coordinated with our Housekeeping Department regarding your comments and have acted on them accordingly. Also, we assure you that our staff will undergo re-training to be able to give the guests better service.

We really appreciate your time for placing the review; in this manner we can improve our service better.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope we could be of service again in the near future.

Asst. Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was there for 2-3 nights with my boyfriend and I must say, I found the staff to be very friendly and the room was comfortable and I believe rather spacious for the price that I paid. However, the hotel is pretty deep in and not easily found. Also, if you are looking for a luxurious stay, closer to the town area, then the area Malate will not be for you. This area is more sleazy, with KTV bars and hostesses around. It's a pity that this hotel was situated in such a location. Other than the location, I really enjoyed my stay here and was happy with the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

First of all, we would like to thank you for your feedback. We are truly delighted that you find our rates to be reasonable and our rooms to be spacious. The commendation about our staff being friendly will surely motivate them to be at their best.

However, we recognize that you had some issues with our location and we do assure you that our Security personnel are very well-trained to ensure our guest's security.

We greatly appreciate your effort in making this review. This would help us strive more in giving the best service we can offer.

We hope to see you again here in Armada Hotel Manila!