“The manager of the staff is absolutely inefficient !”

Armada Hotel Manila
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Armada hotel in Malate is an excellent structure,
but the management of the hotel is really bad , really incredible the complete absence of the Personnel Manager ,
I have been several times customer
to the Armada Hotel for several years,
but now the lack of lady Maricar ( on maternity leave )
do you really feel !
I have had
a problem with a front desk girl
really not kind
with the customers, at this point I have asked several times to speak to the manager (a man ), but the (so-called Manager)
has systematically refused a meeting with me (customer of the hotel ) !
A fact
really
unbelievable but really true !
The manager of the staff is absolutely inefficient,
the staff is absolutely
in the chaos, the current Manager
is
absolutely
not able to fill this role,
I think that the situation will return to normal
with the return of the lady Maricar !
Truly incredible rejection of the Manager to meet a long-time customer !
Piero Lauro Manca Italy

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Pierremanconi P
ArmadaHM, Rooms Division Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

We are very sorry to hear your disappointments during your recent stay in Armada Hotel Manila.
We already discussed your comments to the Front office Team and rest assured it will not happen again.

Please feel free to email me for your next reservation at rdm@armadamanila.com. I would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Armada Hotel Manila

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights. Bell boys and concierge service - outstanding. Reception - not friendly and think customer owes them a favour instead of other way around - for them 1 star. Room service was not very responsive - agree that tropical storm did not help. Stayed in a premium room. Very big room, however toilet very tiny, no curtain on window and appartments can see into toilet ! I would look for hotels around Makati city next time - nothing much around besides the Aristocrat restaurant which I was not overly impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JoeT2000

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

We deeply apologize that we did not meet your expectations; we hope you will allow us the opportunity to even serve you better in the future.

We will take note of each comment and to ensure this is addressed with the staff and management concern.

For future reservations you may email me directly at rdm@armadamanila.com .I would be glad to assist you.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Having no idea what I was in for, this hotel was very good. The neighborhood though is a little sketchy.

The hotel was clean, the staff was nice,spa is cheap and relaxing, pool was refreshing and rooms spacious and clean. They also put up politely with our large crew.

Negatives are the restaurant is overpriced and completely average food. I also got to the hotel knackered and just said "whatever" and got my laundry done and they charged me 1600 pesos. I should have read a little closer but still outlandish prices.

If you are staying in Malate, I can't imagine a nicer hotel having been there. Big recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Djlocdog
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Efficient friendly check in. Large comfortable room. Hotel location good for shopping and business. Nice pool and facilities on rooftop.

Even though I was a returning customer, Hotel required to take card payment in full plus a 2000 peso deposit for incidentals, which was agreed and paid. Upon check out I was told that the deposit would be refunded in about 2 weeks. When I questioned why so long, they suddenly pretended that they had only pre authorised the card payment at check in and would not be taking the deposit. However they did not ask me to pay for the room again. When I asked what they were talking about they pretended not to understand and maintained they had not taken anything but the room charge...however my Credit Card receipt showed otherwise. Poor service and lies dont get return customers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mhaywardtravel
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel and I enjoyed it. Before leaving for Manila I had second-thoughts about the hotels but The Armada easily a very good choice. The only downer for me was I stubbed my toe on the little step in the bathroom. It was a very painful experience and should have reported it to Management. I did not book this hotel, (my friend did) so I cannot compare the price to other hotels. But on the whole I can recommend the Armada to anyone who wishes to stay in Manila. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the room was cleaned everyday. Whoever sees to the complimentary items should check that these are replenished when the room is cleaned as of the three days I spent there, on two occassions did I have to "borrow" tea bags and sugar from my friends room. Luckily they are not big tea and coffee drinkers. Again , I will certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It is our pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit here in Armada Hotel Manila.
However, we are sorry to hear about the replenishment of your amenities in the room we have noted your comments together with the Housekeeping Team and we sincerely apologize for this.
Kindly email me at rdm@armadamanila.com on your next booking I will be glad to personally assist you.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Let me start by saying that the hotel staff was great!!! The staff did everything they could to make my vacation more pleasant. However, the management is terrible!!! Let me explain, they want 100% payment up front!!! They constantly harass you about paying your bill, I booked my room on line, checked in and they asked for a deposit, so I agreed, then after that, all they kept asking for the next three days was, where is my payment in full!!! To the extent, that they left notes in the room to remind me and then called me every two hours until I paid in full!!! Afterwards, I went to charge meals to room service, and was told, they would like a cash payment instead... again, what is the reason!! I did pay for my 10 day stay, and yet they still wanted cash in lieu of waiting until checkout for my incidentals. Plus I find out after wards, that there is a charge to use the pool if you have more than the allotted people in the room... e.g., if you are one person, then only you may use the pool, if you have a guest, then they charge an extra 250 pesos for the pool... I can't understand why the hotel would charge extra for the pool, unless you are having a party or something... I will NOT use this hotel again... I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a premium room on the 12th floor, and it was great, very little noise at all!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank markpcramer
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel deserves a 4.5 star rating!

My fiance and I had a 5-Day trip to Manila to relax and get away from busy lives and as a pre-birthday trip for me.

From the moment we checked in, I knew that our stay would be great. By the time we arrived the hotel, our room is ready. And we were allowed to check in earlier and in breeze.

Bellman made sure we are comfortable by offering to help us with our luggage and in all smiles.

Hotel interior is very modern but chic in style. I almost forgot that I am in Malate Area (which is initially an issue for me, as it could mean busy and noisy.)

Location: Good as it is 5 to 10 min walking distance from Malate Church, Roxas Boulevard, Korean Restaurants, Bars, Hyatt Hotel & Casino and other key attractions. Cabs is available as the hotel is within the street of MH Del Pilar (leading to Quirino Ave & Roxas Blvd). But not relatively safe for a girl traveller.

Hotel Lobby: Good interior with comfortable lounge, security, well-working elevator that can accommodate 4 to 5 guests at a time.

Room: Best thing I liked about our stay was the room itself. Upon entering the room, nice and clean scent welcomed us that gave us that extra-homey feeling. Rooms are very big, clean, flat screen cable TV with good reception, mini bar, coffee & tea facilities with daily replenishment, huge comfortable king sized bed with bed side lamps, dresser, safety deposit box, AC working very well, working table with lamp and city view. The photos did not do justice to it (my opinion).

Toilet & Bath: As a traveller, I am very keen with shower room. Armada’s was one of the cleanest. Overhead hot & cold shower with good water pressure (though sometimes, weak), toilet with videt and marble top sink which is very clean. Daily replenishment of toiletries adds to great stay.

Housekeeping: Very good and excellent, we usually go out during lunch time and when we come back; our room is well kept and clean with covers and towels changed. I forgot the staff name, but that guy has good service skills that exceeded our expectations.

Swimming Pool/Gym/Spa: Top floor pool is little bit small but is well kept, from there you can have a good view of the city and partial view of Manila Bay as some high-rise buildings are blocking it. But it was okay, especially at sunset and night. Gym looks nice and not bad for a small hotel. My fiancé tried the spa on the 3rd floor, and he said it was not bad for P 2,800.00 (2 ½ hours); hotel massage price not realistic for me.

We did not try their restaurants but I think it is open until late nights though most of the time it’s empty.

This is a small boutique hotel that is modern and has what other 5-star hotels can offer which is a value for money. Overall, my fiancé and I did enjoy our quick trip and will surely go back!

Room Tip: High Floor and Corner Rooms are great choice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ArmadaHM, Rooms Division Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, we are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel.
On your next visit please try our Thai restaurant located at the Amenity Floor , serves genuine Thai cuisine.On your next booking kindly email me at rdm@armadamanila.com I would be glad to assist you.
Thank you once again and we really appreciate your good feedback with us.

Rooms Division Manager