“Good Hotel with Excellent Service & Facilities”

Armada Hotel Manila
Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My stay in this hotel is accidental, or, as a consequence of my being bumped off from my confirmed reservation in a hotel with the same sounding name: Ramada Hotel in Binondo, Manila, which will deserve another review after I have consumed my re-booking there this December 1.

Honestly, I have not heard of this hotel previously probably because of its location which is in an obscure, dimly-lit end of MH Del Pilar stretch in Malate, Manila, which becomes rather dreadful to walk along at night. Yet, to my surprise, I have enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

PROS:
The room where I stayed in Rm1109 is spacious and clean, toilet fixtures (shower, shower hose, faucets, dryer, bidet, etc.) are new and excellent. There are three sets of towel (as opposed to two sets in other hotels), and the toiletries are fine (except that there is no shaving kit and comb), There are night robes, safety deposit box, laundry bag cloths, wide clothes cabinet, several hangers, large-sized toilet and bathroom, 32" LCD TV with clear cable channels signal and a comfortable king sized bed. There's also a fridge (with no freezer) and a lounge chair with leg rest stool. The air-conditioning system is also working well with no noise and my room has windows facing two sides of the city, one fronting the beautiful scenery of Manila Bay in the west and the other the street scene of Taft Avenue in the East. Service is also good, with everybody in the hotel cheerful and very helpful. There's also a complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity and the daily newspaper ration. The kitchen countertop is equipped with Electric Kettle and Ice Bucket (which has no use since the fridge does not have a freezer to produce ice). The place is a about 50 meters from Malate Church and near Roxas Boulevard Malate Plaza where restos, malls, night spots, offices, 24-hour convenience stores, embassies and other hotels are proximate. The buffet breakfast, though not much of a food variety, is excellent with good tasting and well-prepared food and restaurant staff very helpful. I enjoyed the infinity pool at the roof top as the facilites there are clean and well maintained. Since I am a gym rat, I always find time to visit hotel gyms whenever there are and I must say that Armada has one of the finest gym equipment in town. They have hi-tech treadmills and stationary bikes that let's you watch TV, surf the internet, listen to radio and all the other features you can do with touch-screen monitors that are attached to each one of them while doing your work out, the weights are clean and in A-1 condition and there is a variety of machines to work up every part of your body.

CONS:
As stared above, the location is quite disappointing as it is situated in a rather remote portion of the Malate tourist zone where you might be worried going out on foot at night since the place gets really dark and there are some bystanders in the area. There is no problem though when you want to stroll in the day. If checking in was a breeze, check out was rather slow, eating up about 15 minutes considering there were only two of us who are checking out at the same time that day.

Room Tip: Book through the net to save you money as the published rate of this hotel is twice the rates you ca...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jude T
ArmadaHM, Rooms Division Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and it is such a pleasure to receive compliments about our facilities in the hotel.
Many agree with you that we have the finest gym equipment and our outdoor swimming pool has stunning views of Manila Bay and it is one of the top features of Armada Hotel Manila.
Regretfully, your departure was marred when your check-out took longer than you anticipated. . We will retrain and amend our check-out process to ensure that this type of event will not occur in the future.
Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts we look forward to welcoming you back to Armada Hotel Manila!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently spent approx 18 days in your hotel Rm 1205. Your staff was friendly but not overly attentive in the resturant. While there everytime we went to eat your wait staff never approched us to inquire if we wanted coffee/water, we had to wave our arms to attract their attention to be served. The food was tastey but not overly so and was priced approx three times what the local resturants were charging. Your rooms were nice but we only had Wifi the first 2 days there and I was required to open the door to the hall or go out and sit on the stairs to use my computer. The water pressure was poor and your hotel didnot have international calling allowed on the phones nor could you call local cell phones from your phone. Overall I rate your establishment a 3 out of 5 and that only because of your frontdesk staff and housecleaning. I do not recommend you beds either they are hard and uncomfortable,, your bar was closed the whole trip, your Tai rest. on the roof was poorly staffed and did not even carry what was advertised on it's menu..Your establishment needs alot of rework.

Room Tip: Looking out of our room the view was of the other rooms window, the beds are hard, the resturant sta...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank icy69hot

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback. We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experienced during your stay with us. We will ensure you that we will give recognition to all Front Desk and Housekeeping staff for a job well done.
Sorry to hear that your breakfast was marred because of the inconsistent service at the Caliber Restaurant and that it left such a lasting impression on you. I will discuss it with our Food and Beverage Manager and to our Chef to ensure this is addressed with the staff and management concerned.
Similarly, we regret that you encountered problems in our Wifi connection however; we upgraded our internet system, which caused some unexpected poor connection during the time of your stay. We are also currently working most closely to give the full service of our telephone system.
We deeply apologize that we did not meet your expectations; we hope you will allow us the opportunity to even serve you better in the future.
For future reservations you may email me directly at rdm@armadamanila.com .I would be glad to assist you.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Overall a very pleasant four night stay. Chose to have a premium room large and well appointed excellent bed. Bathroom adequate shower over bath. Aspect - we had a rear room which had an open view across the city. Staff always very willing to help although the reception staff were a little difficult to engage! Restaurant at roof top lacked atmosphere but I did enjoy a snack. The pool although relatively small had a brilliant view to the bay - very clean and well presented.

Room Tip: Premium room was worth the extra. Access is not ideal but I felt safe at all times.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank PaulACTAustralia

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Armada Hotel Manila. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and the willingness of our staff. However, we regret that you encounter some difficulties with the reception staff, we have taken serious notes with your comments and will ensure to discuss it with them.
We will look forward to the pleasure in welcoming you back at Armada Hotel Manila

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here on an unscheduled stop in manila (flight canceled). Staff are efficient & friendly, room clean& modern

Pros:
Staff helpful & friendly
Rooftop pool had great view and clean
Rooftop restaurant reasonably priced (thai food) and great view

Cons:
Too far from airport (30-50 mins depending on traffic)
Massage too expensive (800 in house, 300-400 outside hotel)

Would use another hotel in future due to location

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fraser97

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your stop in Manila and for appreciating the friendliness of our staff as well as the restaurant and facilities of the hotel.
As you have mentioned, that our massage is too expensive- Our Spa Manager is currently working on various spa promotions for our guest satisfaction. We hope the distance of the hotel from the airport will not discourage you to book with us again.
Once again thank you so much for your kind feedback and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I Choose this hotel because of the good reviews on trip advisor and i was not disappointed,I Agree the location wasnt the best but the hotel more then made up for this,The breakfast was to die for.The staff were superb and friendly and always made me feel welcome.
i stayed on the ninth floor in a premier room and it was lovely.A local paper was left by the door every morning and the room was cleaned at wot ever hour i needed.Bathroom was massive and had all comp toiletries.
Slippers,robe,safe were all given as no extra charge and as i booked on hotels.com i had no hidden charges at all.A deposit was taken on arrival and had no problems getting it back.
Also the hotel also offered me the option of leaving my bags so i could island hop.
Would i stay in this hotel again.100 % I would.

Room Tip: well ninth floor was ace
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bazza1885

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Armada Hotel Manila and we truly appreciate you for taking the time to offer your words of appreciation, we are very delighted to hear that you appreciate the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms- we will ensure that we will maintain our good service to meet our guest satisfaction.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to being of service again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have just returned from The Phillipines and i spent 6 nights in the Centara Hotel at the start of my vacation.
When i got into my Taxi at the Airport i handed the driver the address of the hotel. He was a little puzzled, obviously I was his first customer to this hotel. But around 20 minutes later we arrived safe and well, i survived the notorious Manila Traffic ...... it is unbelievably busy and in my humble opinion even worse than the traffic i experienced in Beijing...

The door of my taxi was promptly opened by a member of the Hotel staff and i was taken to the check-in desk, my luggage following closly behind.

Check-in was without problem and a few requests i had emailed to them the week before were taken care of without any fuss or additional cost.

I was taken to my room by a very friendly member of staff and he showed me all the features of the room. The room was amazingly large, furnishings were in excellent condition and the bathroom was well stocked with all the necessary items needed for personnel use, including Bathrobes.

Breakfast was included in my room rate, it was adequate for my needs and the Coffee was really good and plentyful. Staff in the Breakfast Restaurant were extremly attentive, ensuring i had everything i needed.

During my stay a restaurant on the Top Floor was relaunched, it is now a Thai Restaurant and i had the opportunity to dine there on a few occassions. I would recommend anyone to give it a try if staying in the Hotel or in the area.

Overall i have nothing negative to say about this hotel, i have only praise for the staff and their attention to even the smallest details.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Maac

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you so much for your 6 nights stay in Armada Hotel Manila (Formerly Centara Hotel). I am so sorry to hear about the traffic you experienced from the Airport to the hotel. However, I am happy to inform you that we are currently working on various promotions to build up the awareness of all taxi drivers.
Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback, we are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and it is such a pleasure to receive compliments about our staff, your comments had been passed to them and it was greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Centara Hotel is very beautiful and luxurious hotel. Rooms are large and clean with nice bathroom. I was very happy with the bed, that is really wide and provides a good night's sleep. From the roof of the hotel is a beautiful view of the city and there is also a swimming pool which is open throughout the day.Breakfast is very good and rich, it is always a choice of several kinds of food.The hotel is also a good starting point for shopping and trips to the historical part of Manila. The only negative aspect is dirty and unsightly area around the hotel, but this is simply Manila.The only exception is Makati district.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marie B
ArmadaHM, Rooms Division Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to inform you of our new name Armada Hotel Manila. We greatly appreciate that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and for appreciating the cleanliness of our rooms.

Nonetheless, we will pass on your comments to our Chef for your good feedback on our breakfast.

We are most delighted in welcoming you back to the Armada Hotel Manila, we readily awaits to warmly serve you again.

Maricar Dy