“simply relaxing”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family and I ate here on the 11th&12th of september 2013. The food was excellent and the presentation superb.The staff were courteous and efficent.The decor is subtle, making for a tranquil respite from the hustle and bustle of the mega malls.The music playing at the time was easy listening and not loud, as we had no trouble holding a normal conversation.We would not hesitate to dine here again.

1  Thank stavie

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went here during the week and the food was good, nice green papaya (Som Tam) salad, really nice vegetarian Pad Thai but the fried Calimari was just ok and my friend's Lemongrass tea just tasted like water with a stick of lemongrass inside it. My issue was with the air-conditioning, which was not working properly and really affected my enjoyment of the meal, especially when eating spicy dishes, as I was constantly having to wipe away the sweat which is not a good look on a date. Also, it was difficult to gain the staff's attention - we struggled to place the order, I ended up having to get up myself to go to the bar and get some ice water, and also to discuss the air-con situation. I would recommend Benjarong at the Dusit Thani hotel close by if you want great thai food in Manila, and their air-con is fantastic, you actually should take along a second layer as they have the air-con set to "cinema mode".

1  Thank Zan5hin
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We heve visited on numerous occasions now and it hits the spot every time. This time with the family for saturday lunch and they looked after us well. The food is surpisingly good and if you like Thai Green ask for extra hot its really good.

1  Thank Butman71
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a large family reunion function here at Simply Thai evenings ago and consumed a third of the restaurant indoor seating and tried many different dishes(family style), although I do not recall the exact names of the dishes served all of them were spot on delicious...I liked the presentation of how they served the phad thai; essentially the noodles are enclosed in a edible and tasty egg noodle 'net' with condiments of bean sprouts and crushed peanuts surrounding the sides. And then there's the Sea Bass...wow, that was clearly perfected nicely! Unknown how the desserts are as will try them next time. Try the dalandan juice for something different!

1  Thank FullPlates
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the second time I have eaten here. I lived in Thailand for over a decade and need to have a chilli "fix" sometimes, specially in a country (like Philippines) where it doesn't feature much in the local cuisine. Some of the dishes here are authentically Thai, such as the miang kam appetizer. Other dishes are not, but work very well, such as the grilled king prawns in butter/garlic. The soft shell crab is worth a mention too. The wine list is good, with some nice choices under P1000 a bottle.

If you are expecting only pure classic Thai, some of the dishes will disappoint. However, if you are looking for delicious Asian food with a Thai twist, then you will certainly find something to bring a smile to your face.

Service keen enough, although not overly professional. I sat outside, although there is an indoor area. Outside is more relaxed. I will probably be back for a third try next time.

2  Thank Chidlom