“best location for manila sightseeing”

Ramada Manila Central

Reviewed April 18, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dinosaurEngland
Reviewed March 30, 2014

this is our 2nd stay here. first stay was excellent.so we returned as manila was our get off point to fly out to several places in the philippines. our second stay was great as well although we had some difficulties in the beginning. we had booked a deluxe room and an extra bed through agoda and right after booking i called them to confim our booking and the extra bed. everything seemed fine. when we arrived there was no extra bed available.but without any hassle we have been upgraded to suit where my daughter could sleep on the big sofa bed. although all the staff is very friendly,what made this confusion with the extra bed so hassle free was a very friendly and helpful manager called christopher. he was truely caring about us and always asked us if everything was ok and if we needed something. the customer service we got from him was outstanding!!! the two different type of rooms we had stayed in were both very nice. modern,nice furniture,very comfy beds and pillows, including a good breakfast. the hotel offers complimentary wifi and water in the rooms and a twice a daily shuttle to mall of asia which is very convenient as you dont want to pay hundreds of pesos for just being stuck in traffic jam.the driver even gives you a little tour through intramuros and has a good knowledge about the sightseeings. ramada is at the entrance of china town with a supermarket on the other side of the street and lots of eateries,bakeries,restaurants and the lucky china mall is five minutes walk away! we had a very comfortable stay here where we loved the rooms the great location and the service! if you ever face any issues ask directly for the very reliable and helpful manager called christopher!on our check out he even rushed to come for help and made sure the taxi driver doesnt rip us off as the driver had asked for way too much! i can absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: the deluxe room on the 6th floor overlooking the binondo church had a great view. same goes for the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Its important to know that the price level of hotels in Manila is very high compared to many other South East Asian capitals. Considering that the Ramada Manila Center offers a great deal: Clean well equipped rooms, extremely helpful and considered staff, alright breakfast and that all for a decent price. The area is a bit off the typical tourist districts, especially Makati is quite far. However I liked it there with lots of malls closeby and a more local experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank mla4ever
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here at the beginning & at the end of our trip – both times we had a really nice, spacious and clean room and all the staff was really nice and helpful. The hotel is located in China town, very close to the Intramuros – we walked there and back several times, but be prepare that the neighborhood is a bit noisy and dirty, but nothing exceptionally bad for a big city. It wasn’t far from the airport (we paid around 300 PHP for a taxi each time) and very close to the Ohayami bus station (we were continuing our journey from here to Banaue). On our way to the airport when we were leaving, we used the free shuttle service to Mall of Asia to do a bit of some last minute presents shopping (from here, we only paid 100 PHP to the airport). The only thing that we found could be improved is breakfast – there was not much of choice for Europeans, apart from eggs and toasts – some cheese, salami or ham would have been a nice addition.

Room Tip: the second time we stayed at 15th floor - the view was a bit nicer then from the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Okay. This is an honest review. I pre-booked 20 rooms for some out-of-town guests who came for my wedding. I met personally with their sales staff. I paid for everything a few days before. I was assured that rooms would be assigned the day before and my goody bags (which contained the itinerary for the weekend) would be distributed upon check-in.

Unfortunately, my guests had to wait for a long time at the lobby during check-in. The receptionist did NOT assign the rooms ahead. They had to call housekeeping for EACH room to check if it was already vacant and clean before check-in. When I asked, they told me they were not sure which rooms could be checked in as they weren't sure which guests would check-in (Take note, I paid well ahead and I was assured that guests would be assigned rooms a day ahead. I even called early morning that same day to make sure as I anticipated guests coming in batches). I accompanied some of guests for check-in at 4pm already (way after check-in time which is 2pm).

My goody bags (which included our weekend itinerary) were not distributed (as instructed upon booking), which resulted to a lot of hassle because the guests didn't have their itinerary. I personally asked about this during the long check-in and the receptionist said "I think they were distributed". I found out they were not distributed at all (I delivered the goody bags the night before as coordinated with their sales staff) because I had to deal with calls about where pre-dinner was and who would fetch them... and this was a day before my wedding!

Some room assignments were mixed-up. My guests just decided to sort their rooms among themselves as waiting for hotel personnel would take longer. Some who specified twin beds were given queen beds (my list was very clear and given days ahead).

This was a case where everything was just not running smoothly no matter how early I prepared everything and everything was printed black and white. It was just a shame that the sales staff who handled my booking was not there as it was a Saturday and her rest day.To be fair, she did answer my calls. But here's the thing: I had to be the one to call her for updates. She never called me to update me. But she did inform her manager (this is what she told me)... who I never heard from.

I had two options: Ramada or Dela Chambre. The people at Dela Chambre were very friendly but the setback was not they did not provide breakfast at that time... Unfortunately, even with that, I think I made a wrong decision in choosing Ramada.

To be fair, the rooms were clean and nice. Some rooms had chipped furniture already, but it was still nice. And everyone enjoyed their buffet breakfast. It was really just the hassle of checking in and my instructions not having been carried out that were the drawbacks.

Unfortunately, man of my guests who came back to Manila checked in at another hotel after this.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have bathtubs, the lower tier rooms do not.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family