“A new decent hotel in Binondo”

Ramada Manila Central
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I have to stay for another night in Manila and we decided to check out Ramada at the heart of Manila's Chinatown district.
We were glad we got our room at Php3,500 nett or USD80 which was their promo rate with buffet breakfast for two at that time.
Their front desk was ok but I'm just wondering why they have to keep talking to each other while we were doing our inquiry? Anyway, moving forward, their bell boy accompanied us to our room even if we opt to carry our own things.
The room was quite small, just enough space for us to move around the side of our beds, but I like the bathroom because it is spacious (no bath tub..sad) but it's clean!
They have a mini bar and fridge but you have to plug it on your own.
Buffet breakfast was edible, but they're not really what I expect from a hotel like theirs, if I'm not mistaken this is a 4-star hotel. The choices were just ordinary, and the taste was just average.
You can stay here if you are to visit Chinatown, Binondo church or food trip at Ongpin or go to the famous 168 mall where you can buy cheap merchandise.

• Stayed: July 2013
Randie G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Manila Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking sometime to share your experience during your stay at Ramada Manila Central. We are pleased to know, that based on your rating, your stay was generally satisfactory.

Concerns in various areas that you mentioned were discussed and action plans are now being executed to avoid recurrence.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have never before written a letter like this, however, in this case I was so impressed by the support and service provided by Mr. Randie Gutierrez and his team. I’ve been to a lot of different hotels with different standards and levels, but I can truly say that through these people, the hotel deserves to have a five star rating for me. What really impressed me is about the level of service provided by Mr. Gutierrez. It appears that it was simply him and the team’s extraordinary commitment to excellence in customer service and support that motivated them to always go the extra mile. This team truly deserves to be congratulated and rewarded for providing customer service and support well beyond the expectations. I must say that I will definitely come back and meet these people again. - APP

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are truly pleased to know that you had an excellent experience during your stay at Ramada Manila Central. There is nothing more rewarding than a happy guest.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to this hotel with solid expectations and most were met or exceeded.

Room is A1. Features all worked including Sony TV, mini-bar, safe etc. Shower/toilet all fine...very good for the Philippines.

Full glass windows could be effectively screened with block out curtains or a simple light-reducing curtain.

i was keen on the gym and I was not disappointed. Of course I was not the standard of a Pro Gym but it was very good for the basic fitness guy.

Staff were A1 at all times and all levels.

Only side that was not perfect was the food. Nothing wrong with it, just a limited range. Buffet breakfast was fine but not as good as the cheaper Manila La Corona I'd stayed at 2 weeks earlier.

If, like me, U have an interest in that part of Manila's history, location is A1. Staff will go out of their way to arrange cab or other transport for you, lend U an umbrella, inform U of security issues etc.

Room Tip: If U have an interest in the nearby basilica, ask for a room with a view....you will be amazed !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank martindemo
Randie G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Manila Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are equally happy and thankful to know that we have met your expectations. Rest assured that the management team will continue to give its best efforts in training the team members to ensure an A1 service that truly made a mark during your visit.

Research and development is one of our top priorities hence breakfast selections will surely be improved.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Ramada Manila Central story and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for three days. Came all the way from Manila to Canada to attend a business meeting. The moment I entered the hotel I knew this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean. Everything is just so good about this hotel. I have travelled all over the world, stayed at different hotels but this hotel is the Best hotel ever! Kuddos to the Staff and the Managers! I will definitely recommend this hotel to my colleagues whenever we have meetings here in Manila.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Canadian0326
Randie G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Manila Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experiences about your recent stay at Ramada Manila Central. We are very pleased to know that we had exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will strive more to do everything possible to create a more enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last month for a few nights. I have to commend the excellent service of the staff! The hotel's location is perfect if you want to get around Manila and the Binondo area. Highly recommended! If ever I'm in the area I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ReydelaCruz

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience about your last stay at Ramada Manila Central. To know that Ramada Manila Central is your preferred hotel in Manila really makes our job truly rewarding. It inspires us to do more to make your stay both enjoyable and memorable.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

EXCELENT STAY, VERY HUMBLE STAFF.
Havingbeen to Manila beforem choosing this hotel I was pleased for my choice.
This is a no fuss hotelmand though close toabusy inetrsection, the wam welcom and contunied wonderful service by staff makes the stay very comfortableThe Can - Do attitude is Excellent here.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joeant
Randie G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Manila Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for sharing your wonderful experience about your recent stay at Ramada Manila Central. Rest assured that we will continue to work hard to give the best experience and the most memorable stay.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for giving us your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6325886641.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for 9 nights check-in April 30 check-out May 9, 2013. Came all the way to Manila from California (3 adults and a child) to attend a family wedding. Rooms are clean with all the amenities found in most US hotels with the same rating. There was round the clock cable TV with all the stations like animal planet, discovery, national geographic, biography, food network etc. just like in the US plus some local channels. The AC is super cool and is a welcome relieve in Manila hot humid weather. Got an upgrade from Deluxe to Executive when we checked in. Hotel receptionists and staff are very courteous. Bellhop helped us load our luggage from basement garage up to our room on the 14th floor. You need a key card to activate the elevator to get to your floor. Same key card is used to open door and activate electricity/lights/AC. So security wise is pretty safe. Breakfast buffet is included with your stay. Caveat, if you are a westerner the breakfast menu may not suit you palate. Since majority of the hotel clientele are of Asian descent, food served are geared towards Asians. There is a mini gym on the 2nd level with 2 thread mills, an elliptical machine, a spin bike, a strength machine and free weights. During my entire stay, I still have to share the gym with another person. So the gym equipment are pristine to say the least. There is no swimming pool in this hotel. Free WIFI internet in the lobby and lower floors only ( up to 5th) otherwise Wired internet on all others. So all of you IPad/ Tablet users are being forewarned.They furnished free bottled water, instant coffee, tea with a boiling water machine inside your room. The mini bar is basically a small fridge meagerly stocked with fruit juices and beers. It is not free and leave something to be desired. The hotel is brand new and was completed in 2011 and open for business since 2012. Staff are so attentive, always acknowledge you when they see you and makes sure your needs are met. The hotel is located in a very busy part of Chinatown, with hot humid narrow traffic congested street, and right across the historic Binondo church. But once you enter the hotel lobby the whole ambiance changes from hot to cool refreshing air from the powerful AC blowing. I am puzzled by this gentlemen Chris F bad review. Nightmare, Dirty, Hot, Broken......is he reviewing the correct hotel. I wonder. Honestly, I've been in some less desirable chain hotels around United States and paid more. Definitely will stay here again next time I am in Manila.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors like 12th, 14th to get away from the noisy streets below. But if you need WIFI...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alegroman

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for sharing your objective and detailed experience about your recent stay at Ramada Manila Central. We are very pleased to know that we met your expectations and that you had a wonderful stay.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6325886641.