“The Trains Have Gone” 4 of 5 bubbles

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 451 helpful votes
“The Trains Have Gone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

The 'Tutuban Mall' in Manila is actually built on part of an old railway station near to the city centre - however the railway lines were cut back by a few hundred metres and a new station built to replace the old one some years ago and this shopping mall was built on the vacant space left by the railway tracks at the old station ~ it seems to prove that there's more money to be made by opening shops rather than by running trains nowadays!
In all seriousness though my wife and myself found at the time of our visit here in January that the 'Tutuban Mall' is a comphrensive and vibrant shopping centre which contains a great number of shops of all types on at least two levels,although most activity appears to be confined to the ground floor level. Happily the prices here didn't seem too horrific I'm pleased to say, and in fact amongst other things that we bought at the time of our visit were some lovely ready made curtains,following which we treated ourselves to lunch at one of the many eating places located within the mall. Clean toilets are provided in the mall.
We spent the best part of a morning exploring the mall checking out all its shops,and in fact we entered the mall by its back entrance direct from the 'new' station having arrived by a Philippine National Railways train, but as a point of interest I would mention that Tutuban Mall's main front entrance is in fact the old station's terminal building where no doubt in days gone by you could once buy your train tickets at the ticket office and check your luggage in at the parcels department.
Today however it's a nice clean shopping centre - we enjoyed our visit greatly and in my opinion it comes highly recommended for a shopping sprey!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Roger-in-Peacehaven

San Juan
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“remember those days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I brought my daughter there to show her the train station where i yearly take to Bicol, all those summers of my life while i was little. Disappointing is they open so late. there were so much to see if u r in need of BRidal, proms,costumes,gowns galore,grabe there is a LOT. WOmen dresses.
It is so accessible cause the jeeps drop u right there, can take a jeep also after shopping right there. The middle island is so high to get up (if u need to travel to the other side)-quite height challenging ( maybe gets flooded) food not much exciting,.The real train station for the Metro Commuter is so far from this. Aircon not cool enough. but wide space, and very neat

Visited October 2013
Imus, Cavite, Philippines
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“it's a rail station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

with all the bargaining happening at the tutuban mall, i wonder if anybody notices the rehabilitated structure which used to be the tutuban station of the manila-dagupan line of the philippine national railways. i spent my childhood in manila, but i never saw -- nor appreciated -- this station until it was rehabilitated to become the tutuban center mall. it's a nice-looking building actually. almost out of sync with all the shops and bargains around, but i'm glad the building was preserved, even if it no longer serves its original purpose.

Visited June 2013
Marikina, Philippines
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“bargain sanctuary pt 3”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nothing to see much here (it is within Divisoria, you can't miss it). I would say it was dull and dry, haha. Most of the stuff are clothing, I find it boring. The good points, it is near the transportation areas, this is where most people can take a cab or jeep or train getting out of here. Though it has improved a lot compared before when we we're still living at Tondo, so somehow it is on the average.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
847 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4,087 helpful votes
“Easy access by PNR trains”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I arrived at this mall thanks to the crowded but quite reasonable Philippine National Railways diesel railcars that in recent years have arrived from South Korea.

The mall was quite busy on the ground floor but not so on the upper floors.

It was reasonable: not as good as Robinsons Place Ermjita, though.

I bought some snacks which is all I was after. Much clothing (particulaerly womens') was for sale at pretty cheap prices.

Visited January 2012