“Perfect way to end a business trip”

Uncharted Philippines Adventure Travel and Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$230.00*
and up
Small-Group Weekend Hiking Tour to Banaue-Ifugao...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are an adventure travel company that specializes in off-the-beaten-path destinations in the Philippines. Our trips focus on nature, culture and adventure. We offer group tours, private tours, day tours and customized tours. We are also a full-service travel agency and are your best resource for putting together an extraordinary Philippine vacation.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

You know when you book a trip via the internet there is always a question in your mind as to whether or not this is the right trip for me? Well, there is no need to wonder here. Leo and Uncharted Philippines is the right choice.
I was in Manila for business and decided to stay a few extra days for pleasure. I was recently certified for scuba diving and thought that would be a great way to spend a day. So, I contacted Uncharted Philippines and went diving with Leo in Anilao. He was punctual, (arriving at the hotel on time), courteous, (he even gave me money back since I only did 2 out of 3 dives that day), knowledgeable (explained the local culture), patient (watched over me before/during and after our dives) and a great driver (which is saying a lot in Manila traffic). My day was exactly what I was hoping for with Leo's help.
Although Leo is a dive master, he's an outdoorsman at heart and told me he loves to hike and takes many people hiking thru the Philippines. On my next trip to Manila, I can't wait to have another adventure with Leo like heading south to Palawan for more diving.

4  Thank luvthecs
in 23 reviews
"cami"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We have recently returned from the Heritage of the Cordillera tour, which was absolutely spectacular. We did not realise that a region as beautiful as this could exist!

The booking was an absolute breeze; Cami made everything so easy and patiently answered all our emails and queries before our arrival.
Our guide was Yob, who was fantastic. Patient, kind, generous, hilarious, ridiculously fit (so hiking up and down the valleys all day was a breeze to him!), and made our experience all the richer because he was so passionate and inspired by the area.

The walking itself was quite intense, so this trip is not for couch potatoes! Luckily Yob helped us organise a massage once we got to Sagada, which helped to ease our tired legs. Having said that, all the hiking was absolutely worth it for the stunning vistas we came upon. Hundreds and hundreds of neverending rice terraces, friendly villagers, beautiful mountains, waterfalls, and so much greenery! It made for memories we shall never forget.
Accommodation was quite basic, but if you book with this company, you obviously love having a travel experience that's different from the norm, so it shouldn't be an issue. The guides take care of everything; transportation, where to eat, accommodation with incredible views, organising massages, etc. Anything you want or ask for, will be arranged with ease.

Overall, this tour absolutely made our holiday. We didn't imagine it would affect us as much as it did, but the amazing things we saw and did, the wonderful guide, and the ease of getting around which had been effortlessly planned by the company definitely enriched our time in the Philippines.
There is a reason why they are number one on TripAdvisor; they are the best! If you have the chance, book a tour with Uncharted!!

4  Thank MonkeyTaz
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I went on both of these tours back-to-back in mid March 2014. We started with the Cordillera tour which was run by Jun - we were the only people on this tour which worked out well because Jun was able to customise the tour to suit our tastes etc. The entire tour was amazing and ran smoothly and the views of rice terraces and waterfalls were spectacular. We particularly enjoyed our stay in Batad - the views from our (very basic) room were out of this world. The hike down to and back up from Batad was easy for Jun (you should see his calves!) and my husband however I struggled going back up, given I was not expecting the hundreds of randomly sized and shaped concrete steps. These steps were also all around Batad so be warned, after say day two it will be hard to walk!! We also went into the start of a cave at Sagada (did not do actual caving because I was too scared/weak!) but just going in a little bit was amazing and seeing the many old coffins right next to me was something else. Jun also scouted out good places to eat for us at every meal. Accommodation was quite basic and the power was out most of the time in Sagada but given we weren't in the room much it didn't bother us too much.

Straight after this tour, we hopped on a plane and started the Palawan tour with Yob. There was one other tour member with us on this tour which actually made the trip more fun. Again, the trip was organised very well and it made the most of our time at both of our locations. The snorkelling was quite good, the day of kayaking was physically tiring but well worth it for the amazing blue waters and snorkelling around islands. Yob took my husband and the other tour member hiking up the top of a cliff at dusk which by all accounts was well worth it for the view from the top. Accommodation on this tour was better than the Cordillera tour (more comfort) and our second hotel was right on the beach and right next to a strip of restaurants and bars which was very handy.

Overall, Cami made the entire organisation process a breeze and Jun and Yob were amazing tour leaders that made our trip memorable and exciting. Both tours were better than we hoped for and we would recommend these tours to anyone wanting to see more than the usual touristy areas and do some activities. I would recommend doing regular walks/using steps before doing the Cordillera tour to prepare for it! Thanks to the team for such a memorable holiday.

3  Thank BeaZZZZZ
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Awesome trip organised by Leo and the team. Group of 12 mates riding the backwaters of Philippines on 200cc Honda motorbikes - great way to see the place. The country was much much nicer than I had expected - it was amazing. The people were super friendly and it was all very cheap. Highly recommend for anyone to do. Some really nice hotels, some budget accom when in the remote/rural area obviously. Ask them to organise the spit roasted suckling pig!

2  Thank Picko73