“Unchartered is the best!!!”

Uncharted Philippines Adventure Travel and Day Tours
Ranked #6 of 30 Tours in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We are an adventure travel company that specializes in off-the-beaten-path destinations in the Philippines. Our trips focus on nature, culture and adventure. We offer group tours, private tours, day tours and customized tours. We are also a full-service travel agency and are your best resource for putting together an extraordinary Philippine vacation.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I can't say enough good things about my two recent trips with Uncharted; the first to the Cordillera
area and the second to the Batangas area. Leo, Cami and Jun were wonderful guides; friendly, knowledgable, flexible, client -centered and just fun to be with. After a while, it seemed like I was
traveling with friends, rather than with guides, although at all times they were on top of things
and safety conscious. I had complete confidence in them….which allowed me to relax and enjoy myself more. Both trips themselves were noteworthy. I particularly enjoyed the hike to Batad, and the caving in Sagada, as well as the opportunity to experience my first scuba dive south of Manila.
Further, they spend time learning my particular interests and personalizing my trip to allow me to
see old churches and museums, which I enjoyed immensely. There are good people and a good company and I highly recommend them.

1  Thank Benkokua

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My colleague and I took a day trip out of Manila to the crater at Mt. Pinatubo after presenting at a conference. We understood that we would be up for an adventure, but could never have imagined the thrilling day we actually had. Not only the intensely varied transport and experiences along the city streets of Manila at the wee hours of the morning, but the bus ride, tricycle (motorcycle with attached cab) and then an exhilirating 4-wheel jeep ride, but the sheer diversity of terrain was breathtaking. The walk across the flowing river that meandered through the constrasting barren and lush, tropical landscape was surreal. The journey indeed seemed to be its own reward until we reached our destination, the crater lake at Mt. Pinatubo, which no description or photo could have prepared us for. This was an incredible experience and our tour guide, Jun, was a great and informative companion throughout the day. Definitely 100% satisfaction guaranteed! Thank you Unchartered Philippines and Jun for a truly memorable experience.

2  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Leo and Cami are very creative and resourceful when it comes to planning adventures in the Philippines. They have great knowledge and passion for the nature and culture that this beautiful country has to offer. They played a fundamental part in making these holidays outstanding.

They organised a hike through the Ifugao villages to see the breathtaking views and fascinating culture. My guide, (his name is Jody) was very friendly and being from the region, he has the knowledge and he talks to you about the area with pride and love, which the experience more special.

Another part of my trip was going diving with Leo, Cami and Orco. Leo is a divemaster and they are both made an excellent team. We went to Anilao to do this. Again, they made all the arrangements and made the dives fun and a learning experience.

I will be definitely going back to the Philippines and booking my trip through Uncharted.

5  Thank andresarbe
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am in Manila for a frenzied one month business trip - but I've been trying to take advantage of my weekends and see another side of the Philippines. I chose to contact Uncharted based on the stellar reviews, and I was not disappointed!!! Leo worked hard to make accommodations for me as a single traveler with limited time, and I was able to do a lot more than I ever imagined because of Uncharted. The Ifugao villages trek was especially incredible - it is the perfect blend of extraordinary natural beauty and deeply fascinating cultural immersion. My guide, Jody, was energetic, fun, kind, and extremely knowledgeable - as he is actually from Banaue. Seeing the terraces through his eyes made my experience all the more meaningful. If you want to experience the "true" Philippines, Uncharted is the way to go. You can expect extraoridnary personalized service and your well-spent money goes right back into the hands of deserving Filipinos. No matter what your needs or interests may be, Uncharted can organize the adventure of a lifetime!

3  Thank MegMc
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We just finished up a two week adventure in the Philippines, starting with a few days of exploring Manila and followed by two weeks of scuba diving in various parts of the Philippines. We wanted to end our trip with a ‘different’ view of the Manila area. We are so happy we did this.

The reports of an overcrowded city with insufficient infrastructure were very correct and Manila is a difficult place to understand and get to see. However, beneath it all are the people who are fantastically hospitable, kind, always pleasant and helpful. Leo Cuesta, and Uncharted Philippines, epitomizes this trait of the Philippine people.

We took his “Best of Batangas” tour (although we wanted to do a different one, we did not have the time to fit a more distant tour in. This fit our time constraints and adventurous desires very well). Leo kept in excellent contact throughout the planning process and was most helpful with information to help us plan the tour. Leo picked us up early on Sunday morning and we headed off to Batangas. We were a little surprised at the youthful looking kid in the SUV but he quickly allayed any worry we might have with his personality, attitude and knowledge of the areas as we were travelling. Throughout the hike up to the volcano (recommended for all as this is a beautiful and unique place), Leo filled us in with facts and information about the area, the history and significance of the volcano and outlying area. After hiking we enjoyed a lunch of traditional Philippine foods and then headed to Anilao to chill for the rest of the day and rest up for the next day of scuba diving.

Throughout our two days together, Leo was professional, personable and very informative about the Philippines, their culture and history. He introduced us to some very interesting people, including the owners of the Anilao dive resort and the great granddaughter of a Filipino national hero from the Spanish revolutionary days (while touring his houses which the family has recently restored with a great deal of original furniture and fixtures). I highly recommend Uncharted Philippines to see the wonderful side of a unique island country.

2  Thank procjoep