“Good Resto”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Ilang-Ilang

Cafe Ilang-Ilang
Ranked #2 of 950 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian, Chinese, Japanese, American, Filipino, European, Asian, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila, Philippines
“Good Resto”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The resto has about 9-10 stations with different international foods. They also serve Indian food now, and I was able to taste some masala dishes for the 1st time. Although, their food isn't as great at the food in Sofitel's Spiral or Shangrila's Heat Restos, the food is still considered great. They serve Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Korean, Mediterranean, Indian and other European dishes. The dessert station is ok, not as big as the dessert stations in other 5-star hotels. They serve yummy desserts, especially their Ferrero Gelato!! One of the best ice creams i've ever tasted. When you go there, don't miss out on the Ferrero Gelato! Don't mind the other gelatos they have, they don't taste nearly as yummy as the Ferrero. They have a nice variety and choices for desserts. Their chef during my visit was very nice and friendly. He was assisting the guests and was talking to them. He saw me having some of the ferrero gelato and the ginataan halo-halo and he said, nice choice, two of the best desserts they serve. :)
They need to change their Oven Toaster though, for toasting the bread during breakfast, because it's so old, the breads get stuck in it. They serve nice breakfast. And the lunch menu and dinner menu are great too :) Only big complain i have is their booking system. The receptionists at this resto need to be trained well on how to check guests bookings and reservations. Also, the receptionists aren't very accomodating and assistive.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Anne K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“One of the best in Manila”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This refurbished Cafe Ilang-Ilang is like a restaurant re-born. I've been to the old one but there was not much variety back then, but this new refurbished one is much bigger with much more choices of well represented international cuisine. I was perfectly satisfied, most likely will be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Gali_Valiente
Memphis, Tennessee
“Another great dining exerience”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have yet to have a bad meal at Café LLang LLang. Everything from their specials dishes to their regular entrées on the menu have been wonderful. My only disappointment is that is can be crowded and noisy. Yes, it is on the expensive side compared to all the other restaurants in the area but you get what you pay for. I love food and I love coming here, will def be back.

1 Thank JamesK55197
Makati, Philippines
“Best buffet in town”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in Manila hotel and we had complimentary breakfast included in the rate. The breakfast choices were great but I had a bad experience because of the staff named Vilma, she was very rude and another male staff accidentally poured water on me and not apologize. Setting that aside, the breakfast was marvelous. Wide food selection, you wouldn't regret eating here. On our last night in the hotel, my friend and I decided to try out their dinner buffet, since we were able to borrow a prestige card, we were able to avail 50% discount. It was heavenly, there are a lot (I MEAN A LOT) of choices, however, you have to be aware of the Japanese and Italian cuisine because they are on the corner, you have to check everything out. The food was really worth it. One of the best buffets I've tried. I would definitely go back here.

2 Thank time_traveller123_11
Manila Philippines
“Another Excellent Lunch!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had another opportunity to visit Manila hotel last week (Sep 18) and had another excellent buffet (lunch, this time). The roast beef, Lamb were excellent. Fried / grill shrimps were also very delicious. I also had salmon, tuna and tempura. They were all very tasty. I also had Ice cream and other deserts and nothing had gone to waste. I enjoyed it all.
American Idols were supposedly be going there that time, but we did not saw them.

3 Thank bensy