“A must place to see and remenisce history and appreciate culture”
Review of Rizal Shrine

Rizal Shrine
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.94*
and up
Manila and Makati Tour: American Cemetery, Intramuros and Manila Ocean Park...
Ranked #16 of 140 things to do in Manila
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Rizal Park has always been a symbol to me of my sense of history and where the mass of Filipinos go to have a photo shoot of the changing of the guards at the Rizal Shrine. Rizal park has always been a very early bonding place of my children as we usually stay at the Chinese Park then in the evening during Ka Doroy's time , a show at the park is a Sunday treat for us where different performers are showcased and here my children's appreciation for performed arts were honed. Singers, pianist, dancers and other live performances are something I really have appreciated. It is a place of the Filipino masses and where social class is not a concern.

There are newer reviews for Rizal Shrine

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Best documented here. Important writings, memorabelia, events and everything about Dr. Jose Rizal is displayed here. A very informative place and a very good way to be informed and take the shelter from the warm summer sun.

The area around is also something of significance.

1  Thank MijnlieverdFH
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Last January we had a cast party at Malate and after all that, we decided to cool down. It was a long walk from Malate to the shrine. The only good thing is it was night and it's not hot. Upon arriving there, I appreciated the quietness, obviously and the beauty of this place. It has developed over time and it is a good thing that the changes we're for good. We sat down where we can possibly sit and enjoyed that moment when we we're there.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This monument tell you story about the local hero.

we have one in Jakarta, Indonesia, Lubang Buaya. This one completely different. There is no shade so it's quite hot during the day in summer season and I highly appreciate how Phillipines people look up on their hero.

1  Thank Chandra I
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Take a pit stop to visit the Rizal Shrine. Jose Rizal is the national hero of the philippines and is beloved by all filipinos.

The shrine is a tremendous statement and pays homage to the man who has done so much for such a tiny little island full of many grateful people.