“Lugang Cafe is Great”

Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I been there at Lugang Cafe with my husband and sister to taste something different cuisine. I was amazed to the food and also to shake..I love the taste of watermelon..I really forget the name of my drinks but I love the taste...The place is clean, modern and the ambience is so awesome. The foods is so tasty and yummy...The staffs are accommodating and attentive to our needs.

1  Thank IamNette

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very intriguing restaurant. My family really loves chinese/cantones so we've decided to try Lugang for a change. I didn't listen to my friends that lugang is over rated, pricey, etc.. We went there tried their best sellers. The food are nice, but I didn't enjoy it. "Nakakaumay". Birthday noodles? Not that yummy.

Also the servers doesn't know how to smile. Like they are all tired but we are all tired!
Good thing here the service charge is pricey also but the servers are efficient they automatically refills your water.

And also I tried the over rated iced tea. But it is just the same with Shakey's iced tea more like pricey.

Will not go back here.

Servers knows how to smile!

3  Thank Taramochi23
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The place is very clean, modern and bright. Nice place to have family reunions or meet-ups with friends. Parking can be a nightmare even if they have a dedicated parking lot across the street especially during weekends. The food is pretty good, no big complaints here. The xiao long bao (and other dumplings) should not be missed. It's best to cap off the meal with their desserts which are for sharing. We love the mango cubes in shaved ice and the peanut shaved ice. The price of the food is pricey in general but the desserts are quite cheap since it's good for sharing. Overall, a nice place to eat.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lugang's xiaolongbao is almost at par with some of the best from Shanghai, commonly thought of as the birthplace of xiaolongbao. Lugang's xiaolongbao offers 80% of the taste at 30% of the price of Din Tai Fung of Taiwan, usually considered as the best restaurant that serves this Chinese delicacy. For the hard-core Chinese Cuisine gourmet, the Fish Head is not to be missed. The interior is tastefully done. The waiters and waitresses are attentive, yet unobtrusive. Considering that the place was usually full whenever we dine there, the service was really fast.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a chain restaurant from China, it is well established in China with a good reputation. However, I have never visited them until now.

The decor is very nice, modern and clean. Very well suited for a nice business meal or something formal. Service is very good as well, no problems.

Food wise, it's not anything I would want to go back again for. I tried their crad xiaolongbao, it's better than some, but no where near the best. I would give it a 8 out of 10. Same with the Hainan style chicken, 1 of their signature dish, nothing great. Our of the 4 dishes I tried, I woud give them an average score of 7 out of 10. The manager came over and asked how was everything, I told him the taste is just not that great. He was very nice and offered for me to talk to the head cheif, which I didn't really feel there is a need for. If this is how they prepare these dishes, my comments will not make them better just like that. But it was nice of him to offer it.

Price is also high, even more expensive than the meal I had at Legend Seafood just a day ago, but not as good compare to Legend. Will not be back at all, there are just too many other places to try.