All reviews deluxe premium room seasons restaurant ambassador room rizal park walking distance shopping mall national museum wifi connection lotion filipino convenience staycation
Reviewed December 22, 2011

It was my sister who decided to stay at this hotel for a night before we attended a wedding. From the moment i arrived, i wasnt impressed. Basement parking is so small to accommodate the cars owned by guests (but its free if your checked in in the hotel of course). I got a scratch in my car the next morning.

Main hall is average, maintained. Rooms are not good, poor airconditioning. CRT TV is small! Im not expecting a flatscreen but the tv should be big enough for the family since we got a family room.

Overall experience is fair vs price. Though i can suggest this hotel if you want to play at the casino nearby, since its located beside casino. Even the reception area has casino.

Buffet in the morning is nothing extraordinary, not spacious. Receptionist at the restaurant can show frustration which i think shouldnt be shown in the guests.

The next morning, we called (mre than 6 times) the reception to help us with our luggages, but no one went up to pick us, it took us 20 mins before we decided to carry it on our own.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Travelandtravel005
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Below is a review of Manila Pavilion's Coffee Shop - Seasons Cafe

This was my second visit to Seasons Cafe. My first visit was already a bad experience, this time around, I can truly state that Seasons Cafe is the worst buffet service ever and am downgrading my rating for this restaurant from a 1 (bad) to a zero or a negative zero if there was ever one

I was in town and a friend had bought coupons (from a group buying site) to celebrate a birthday.
sooo half-heartedly we trudged to Seasons the second time around...hoping things will be better.

we arrived at a not so late time of 1230 pm for lunch, and most food items have already been depleted. Hoping for replenishments is a futile exercise as replenishments never came and if it did then it came towards the end of the buffet service.

The grill items ran out of stock, the plates near the grill station were empty. the roast which was roast pig again was already bones (even the eyes were gouged out already). My companion ordered a grilled item and it came to our table when we were having dessert. Good thing though they have finally found their carving knife but there was no meat to carve and the roast was never replenished either . During our first visit here last month, staff did not comply to guests' request to carve more meat because they couldn't find the knife.

Staff were not knowledgeable about what was being served on the buffet spread. When asked about a certain pork dish, the poor staff could only mutter it's Viennese and that's about all he knows about the dish.

The Pasta station was also deplorable. Staff never bothered to rinse the pan after making one's guest order of pasta and proceeded to the next order even though it was a different sauce that the next guest wanted.

Aside from the limited food fare, it was slim pickings for food items that were edible and palatable

The buffet service was a comedy of errors. The juice jug was replaced several times but the bad news was there was no glasses made available. People resorted to using their water glass. Some went up to the bar to fetch glasses. I too had to resort to going to the bar to get glasses. And I was appalled at what I witnessed - the bartender just quickly swished the glass with water and dried the glass. Ewwww talk about hygiene...

We had pointed this out to the manager who was aimlessly floating about. She gave excuses such as there were glasses made available but there were too many guests and they were snapped up immediately to excuses that things are slow because they were hand washed individually. And it took quite sometime for glasses to be available because there was only one person in the bar washing the glasses.

I believe that professional organizations do not make privvy to their guests about their company's issues and problems. Instead of making excuses, they should have acted on guests' concerns immediately and ensure a smooth flow of events.

The thing is, when one tray of glasses came out (yup only one tray of glasses came out each time), there was no juice available and when several jugs came out, there was no glasses available.

Ditto goes for the food items. When the kitchen rolled out food replenishments, there were no plates available and people resorted to using soup bowls, dessert plates or whatever plates were left. And vice versa, when there were plates - there was no food available to put on the plates.

Table Setup- it was a cramped affair with tables too close to each other that when one would get out of his/her seat by just an inch they would bump to the seat at the other table. It was very uncomfortable set-up.

Staff were uncoordinated with conversations being heard at earshot arguing as to who does what. Do the chefs bring the food to the table, who gets more items in the kitchen etc.

The dessert ladies again complained of having to refill the small fruit bowl when she had just replenished it.

We ended up more hungry than being full.

I was told that over 4,000 coupons were sold so Seasons should have forecasted their food and staff requirements. Besides, even though their buffet price was discounted and sold at a group buying site.. isn't this the perfect time for Seasons to bring out their best service and food offerings so people would have a good impression about Seasons Cafe, come back for more and recommend it to their friends and family? Apparently Seasons Cafe is turning away guests with their sub-standard food fare and service.

I would have thought that Vikings was the worst hotel buffet and buffet service in Manila , but Seasons Cafe beat Vikings to it and takes the icing on the cake with flying colors and honors.

No animal and decent human being with at least half a brain should be subjected to Seasons Cafe buffet and service .

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
14  Thank 5,678
Reviewed December 5, 2011

A recommendation by a family member led to a booking with the Manila Pavilion. My fiance and I stayed there for 2 nights, but it was quite a let down.

The room was dirty and the carpeting seemed as though it has not been cleaned in ages. The plumbing in the bath tub was out of order, and it necessitated a fix by the hotel staff before the water could be drained at all (even then, the water took quite a while to drain).

The television was of the old CRT variety, but that isn't a complaint in and of itself. It's just that the room looks rather ancient. Everything within the room looked like it was transported out of the 1980s.

Apart from the quality of the room, the service level was rather decent. The manager attended to my queries and complaints in a courteous, professional manner.

Suffice to say, I will not be checking into this hotel ever again, and I wholeheartedly recommend that you avoid this hotel at all costs.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Timothy J
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed there for three nights and was disappointed with the condition of the bathroom and the carpeted floors. There was mold on the bathroom tiles and stains on the carpet as well as the bedspread. I advised the housekeeping staff to give attention to the bathtub walls but they did not do it. I had to ask for face towels each day. However, I have stayed there before due to its access to goverment offices, the museums, fast food like McD and KFC and a Filipino favorite, Chow King. They have remodeled the lobby area since the last time I was there. I have stayed there before and enjoyed it then but the upkeep in the bathrooms leave a lot to be decide. My bathroom had a leak..I was first placed in a clean room on the 14th floor but it was near an elevator shaft that groaned and so was moved to the room on the 12th floor. Fortunately, I only take showers in places like this but still, the bathroom could be better looking if they sprayed the tiles with clorox.

Room tip: stay away from the rooms next to the elevator shaft because the place is busy..there is a casino and hence the business of the elevator 24 hours
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank batacbabyboomer
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I remembered staying here back in the early 80s when it was under the flagship of The Hilton Hotels and back then, it was well kept.

Fast forward to 2007, under the flagship of Waterfront Hotel, I was expecting a centain standard since I have stayed at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu in the past. First impression with the lobby was nicely remodeled but once I stepped out of the elevator, I felt like I was in Twilight Zone. The room was so run down and the furnishings has not been replaced since I last stayed in the early 80s. After complaints, we swtiched to a higher floor but that didn't do any good so we had to call another hotel and get out.

Fast forward to October 2011, my airline put me up here so I had no choice. The lobby was still pleasant, after existing the elevator to my floor, the hallway has been remodeled so I had high hopes that the room would also be remodeled. Well, looks like there were some work done since 2007 but not enough. A coat of paint is not enough. The carpet is still old and worn out and the bathtub I would not want to shower in. My airline also provided a voucher for dinner and I was told by the Front Desk person that I would get a call to inform me where they can accommodate me for sinner. The call never came and I was glad I had food with me. Also, I only had to stay for 5 hours as I had an early flight so I was so glad when it was time to leave the hotel.

It sad that the only thing this place has that's good is it's location.

Date of stay: October 2011