All reviews deluxe premium room seasons restaurant ambassador room rizal park walking distance shopping mall national museum wifi connection lotion filipino convenience staycation
Reviewed December 5, 2011

A recommendation by a family member led to a booking with the Manila Pavilion. My fiance and I stayed there for 2 nights, but it was quite a let down.

The room was dirty and the carpeting seemed as though it has not been cleaned in ages. The plumbing in the bath tub was out of order, and it necessitated a fix by the hotel staff before the water could be drained at all (even then, the water took quite a while to drain).

The television was of the old CRT variety, but that isn't a complaint in and of itself. It's just that the room looks rather ancient. Everything within the room looked like it was transported out of the 1980s.

Apart from the quality of the room, the service level was rather decent. The manager attended to my queries and complaints in a courteous, professional manner.

Suffice to say, I will not be checking into this hotel ever again, and I wholeheartedly recommend that you avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Timothy J
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed there for three nights and was disappointed with the condition of the bathroom and the carpeted floors. There was mold on the bathroom tiles and stains on the carpet as well as the bedspread. I advised the housekeeping staff to give attention to the bathtub walls but they did not do it. I had to ask for face towels each day. However, I have stayed there before due to its access to goverment offices, the museums, fast food like McD and KFC and a Filipino favorite, Chow King. They have remodeled the lobby area since the last time I was there. I have stayed there before and enjoyed it then but the upkeep in the bathrooms leave a lot to be decide. My bathroom had a leak..I was first placed in a clean room on the 14th floor but it was near an elevator shaft that groaned and so was moved to the room on the 12th floor. Fortunately, I only take showers in places like this but still, the bathroom could be better looking if they sprayed the tiles with clorox.

Room tip: stay away from the rooms next to the elevator shaft because the place is busy..there is a casino and hence the business of the elevator 24 hours
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank batacbabyboomer
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I remembered staying here back in the early 80s when it was under the flagship of The Hilton Hotels and back then, it was well kept.

Fast forward to 2007, under the flagship of Waterfront Hotel, I was expecting a centain standard since I have stayed at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu in the past. First impression with the lobby was nicely remodeled but once I stepped out of the elevator, I felt like I was in Twilight Zone. The room was so run down and the furnishings has not been replaced since I last stayed in the early 80s. After complaints, we swtiched to a higher floor but that didn't do any good so we had to call another hotel and get out.

Fast forward to October 2011, my airline put me up here so I had no choice. The lobby was still pleasant, after existing the elevator to my floor, the hallway has been remodeled so I had high hopes that the room would also be remodeled. Well, looks like there were some work done since 2007 but not enough. A coat of paint is not enough. The carpet is still old and worn out and the bathtub I would not want to shower in. My airline also provided a voucher for dinner and I was told by the Front Desk person that I would get a call to inform me where they can accommodate me for sinner. The call never came and I was glad I had food with me. Also, I only had to stay for 5 hours as I had an early flight so I was so glad when it was time to leave the hotel.

It sad that the only thing this place has that's good is it's location.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Jessilyn L
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Waterfront is a bit deceptive. When you walk in the lobby presentation is great due to its accessibility to the city and the various restaurants and casino with a polite and helpful staff. However, once you get to the floor where your room is situated this all changes. The floor carpets in the hallway are dirty. The room carpet is dirty. The TV is so old I was looking for a rotating channel nob. The interior smells musty. The bathroom is dim and dirty. Towels are tiny and sparse. The bed felt like a slab of lightly cushioned plywood covered with a sheet. Making my stay worse is that it was incredibly noisy in the hallway outside with guest coming and going at all hours of the night. I paid about $80 a night for the room when it really should have been sold for about $50. The only reason my wife and I remained at the hotel was because we were budgeting, but even then we considered staying elsewhere before finally deciding to stay. Thankfully there are enough things to do in Manila and the Philippines to make staying in a horrible room bearable.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rodney C
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We always stay here whenever we are in Manila. Although the hotel isn't in it's prime anymore and is ageing quite a bit, we still find that it's affordability, location and rooms are still of a good standard . The only disappointments include times where the service at the front desk and buffet has been slow and the bell boy was a tad rude. Bedding was comfortable and the shower was always hot, but the toilet needed work. Certain rooms (most of them higher up) smell old. The location was just perfect for our needs and that's all I was really seeking for a short 6 nights. Overall, you get what you pay for and for us, convenience plays a big part in our favouritism of the hotel.

Room tip: Higher rooms facing Luneta Park offer a good view, however these rooms are not always the most newly refurbished and smell kinda old.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends