All reviews deluxe premium room seasons restaurant ambassador room rizal park walking distance shopping mall national museum wifi connection lotion filipino convenience staycation
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We always stay here whenever we are in Manila. Although the hotel isn't in it's prime anymore and is ageing quite a bit, we still find that it's affordability, location and rooms are still of a good standard . The only disappointments include times where the service at the front desk and buffet has been slow and the bell boy was a tad rude. Bedding was comfortable and the shower was always hot, but the toilet needed work. Certain rooms (most of them higher up) smell old. The location was just perfect for our needs and that's all I was really seeking for a short 6 nights. Overall, you get what you pay for and for us, convenience plays a big part in our favouritism of the hotel.

Room tip: Higher rooms facing Luneta Park offer a good view, however these rooms are not always the most newly refurbished and smell kinda old.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ItsMazzy
Reviewed November 7, 2011

"Move Over and stay together",I am a member of the Kalinga tribe and was a delegate to the Indigenous Peoples Assembly sponsored by Senator Loren Legarda.We were billeted in this hotel and were served buuffet breakfast in ther restaurant of hotel. My colleagues from Ifugao and Apayao were about to sit down in one of the buffet tables when they were unceremoniously asked by the waiter to move over to the tables prepared outside so that the Indigenous peoples delegates could stay together. According to the waiter it was an instruction and these is really very APPALLING ,SHOCKING, INSULTING and a classic case of DISCRIMINATION to ones identity as a People.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
7  Thank naty s
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This hotel is one of the worst I have ever been to in Manila. The carpet was threadbare, stains on the walls and on the lampshades, a TV from the 1980s, a bad smell and a bathroom that had embedded mold - stay away from this hotel at all costs!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RowenaAC
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Had the lousiest buffet dinner of my life. I ate there with four friends and I was very embarassed since I had eaten there about a month ago and was raving about the spread. I could not believe my eyes that the buffet they served this time have no fresh salmon sashimi, not a single shrimp on the table, no tempura, , no meat carving, no duck, only 1 flavor of ice cream! and we were served powdered orange juice. What a rip off!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank alex a
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Used to be a nice hotel and wanted to try a centrally located hotel in Manila. The hotel's location cannot be beat. It is a block away from Robinson's Mall and the Rizal Park. The lobby is nice, but the hallways and the room needs a lot of renovation. Carpets in both hallways and rooms are old and stained. Bath tubs and tiles have some molds and mildews. I stayed in a Deluxe room ( I wonder how a Standard room would look) but was so unsatisfactory of a 4star hotel that they upgraded me to a junior suite. Thinking it will be a better room, it was not. The carpet is still old and stained....less mildews on the tub...the only difference is its a bigger room.
Breakfast is so-so and service was slow. Upon entrance, they ask for your room and do not assist you to your table. You are on your own to get one. Waited about 20minutes for our first cup of coffee and got tired of waiting, that I got the carafe and poured it myself. The Restaurant managers are walking around oblivious to the poor service. The waiters are busy filling up the food items and walkign around. Not enough waiters to clean the tables to let new guests sit.
I wonder how Waterfront can just put their name on a hotel and not refurbish it. I hate to see other Waterfront hotels. This hotel should be downgraded to a 3 star, if not a 2 star. For the money you pay them, staying in a motel is better as you wont have much expectations.

Room tip: Their junior suites are no better than the deluxe rooms.
Date of stay: September 2011