“confidiality of the guest exposed to unknown.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino

Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Sydney, Australia
“confidiality of the guest exposed to unknown.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

i have been travelling to manila since last 4 years on business and always stayed at manila pavillion. i arrived there on themidof april for a 2 weeks trip . on sunday a caller from Manila doctors hospital(my ex girl friend) called the hotel and to my surprise resevation staff supplied her with all my details . cos she is my ex girl friend and i have nothing to do with her anymore and hotel staff supplied her with all my relevant information postively.this was suppose to be inconfidence or they should have asked me first to before suppling with personal information. As a result of this my business trip was hectic or jeopardise by this girl who caused many troubles for me during my stay there. in my point of veiw and for the best of everybody staff should be thoroughly trained and breifed for a comfortable stay of guest and their welbeings.. In future please monitor this girl namely [...] austria works for manila doctores hospital. many thanks hopefully see u all next year. also as a result of her knowing i am in that hotel she has used some unforseen lying and as aresult my room was searched by some unknown whilst i was on jogging lesson outside the hotel. disappointed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank nneil41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I read some reviews by other quests and this prompted me to offer my review. I am an American from Texas and this was our first visit to the Manila Pavilion Hotel. My fiancee and I stayed Feb 23-26 2011 and we found this 3.5 star hotel to be an excellent choice for the price. The lobby is very spacious, well staffed and well appointed. We never had to touch the entrance or exit doors. Curbside as well as pool entrance security was excellent as was bell service from our taxi to our room. The interior hallways and our room was slightly dated but certainly not outdated, but then the Manila Pavilion Hotel IS a former Holiday Inn Hotel. Again, well worth the price.

Our nonsmoking room and bathroom was clean and well appointed and there was a nice daily display of complimentary shampoo, lotion and a toothbrush kit in the sparkling clean bathroom and tub/shower. The white terrycloth house robe was a nice finishing touch. Extra chairs were requested to our room and they arrived promptly with formal white slip covers attached.

The lounge has a nice band with a male (Jason) and three beautiful female singers quartet on Friday and Saturday night. I do wish the lounge bar was stocked with all the liquors that were listed on the drink menu. I got my requested drink on my third selection. The bartender and our waiter were very friendly and hospitable.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional and was well stocked with every international entree imaginable. There were two chefs who prepared custom omelets. There was every breakfast entree, cereal, juice and bread that you can imagine. The coffee was great! Our table and surrounding eating area was very clean and well appointed. I cannot stress enough how nice and fully stocked this breakfast buffet was!

To summarize, the Manila Pavilion Hotel is a very nice 3.5 star venue and it is priced right. This review is being made six weeks after our stay. The Manila Pavilion Hotel left us with a very favorable impression of our visit. I will certainly book The Manila Pavilion Hotel on a future Manila visit as well recommend it to our friends and associates. I'm confident you will also review this hotel the same as I. Again, a very nice hotel.

Robert C. Smith
Dallas, Texas

Charmae Lloren
Magsaysay,Mindanao

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rcharliesmith
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

I and my husband just stayed there 1 night for connecting flight back home. At first, we reached and felt the lobby is very nice, big, elegant, bars/restaurant, etc.

When we take the lift upstaris, the decor is completely different. Old fashion wooden dark corridors, the room is small, dirt on the walls, toilet smells. Really horrible.

But it's near to Robinson shopping mall where you can find anything you need.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Corali2005

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

The breakfast place is the worst place i have ever experience, There is enough manpower to do the job. The staff are excellent but cant accomodate all, 5 members of staff is doing all the job for 800 pax , the place is dirty and to get a table you have wait your own table. Filthy,

And dont put your valuables in the safe , its not safe at all and when you complain non of the management comes back to you about their investigation some cover ups ha.
And you ask about he cctv camera, they said its all ready and they cant we it stil l vhs....Time to change it guys.

And im still waiting with the results of the investigations.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank princess18london
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

the reception was okey and quick but once you get to your room it will be the start of your nightmare. the carpet was dirty and even the bathroom got molds on the ceiling. I just ignored those but when I had my breakfast the next day it fumed me up having to see a cockroach crawling at the breakfast bar. I called the attention of the staff which i later found out to be a supervisor of the area and he just stepped the cockroach and kicked it on one side. Not a single apology was heard nor even cleaning the area up. He just left the cockroach there which made me fume and lost my appetite doubting the cleanliness of the food thats there. I called the attention of another staff who threw the roach away and she called the supervisor who did it but the supervisor just ignored me as if nothing happened. Its a dirty place and i will never recommend nor go back to that hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bert0221
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

Don't stay in this hotel...the only nice thing is the breakfast there is a lot of choices and the location which is near malls and tourist sites...but the rooms eventhough we stayed in the renovated one still smells and the noise outside...I can't sleep although I am so tired....very disappointed travelodge in UK is much better....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank net0318
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

I was so disappointed because I have stayed at this hotel before and I liked it. That is why I decided to stay here again. This time I checked in, spent one night and checked out the next morning. The good thing I can say is that I did get re-funded for the rest of the six days I originally booked for. The breakfast buffet here is great, but I would not recommend staying at this hotel. When i checked out early and inquired about a refund they didn't even ask me why. WOW! This place has really gone down hill since the last time I stayed there about one year ago. I know in the past this place has received bad reviews and I have ignored them. But those reviews hold true. I think I was just lucky before and got a good room. I ended up at the Diamond Hotel on Roxas not too far from Manila Pavilion. It cost more but well worth the price. I will stay there again this coming May. I won't tell anyone not to stay in Manila Pavilion, try it for your self and if you don't like move on down the road.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business