White Knight Hotel Intramuros
Ranked #90 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Upon arrival at the front desk, the staff who were eating lunch in the small back room behind the front desk simply stared at us. No one bothered to approach us however when a Western guest approached the front desk one of the staff immediately came to assist him. I guess the staff give priority to Western guests for the bigger tips. This hotel does not have an elevator so guests with 20 kgs baggage or more will have to request for the services of their staff in bringing their stuff up to the rooms and down again upon check-out. Because the location is in the middle of Intramuros, one will have to walk a short distance to get to the taxis. I am a short Filipino so the inclined ceiling does not bother me however what the room needs is more water coming out from the shower. The toilet in our room was stuck and would not flush properly. We had no internet in our room.

Being on a budget, we asked where the nearest fastfood outlets but were referred instead to the restaurant in the hotel which is 3 times more expensive than the fastfood. If you would like to pay additional because of a late afternoon outbound flight, you will be asked to pay for one whole day. Booking in this hotel was a mistake.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph V
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you may have experienced. However, may we enlighten of the following. It is very unusual for our guests not to be serviced by taxi because we have several alliances with taxi operators who will be more than happy to serve our guests. Most of our guests make their request with our front office so they can be attended to right away. Nevertheless, we shall see to it that our hotel team & staff will be advised & inspired to extend the best customer service to all our clients.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel has a good location in Intramuros - only a few minutes walk to the Cathedral and the fort. A short taxi ride to the Mall of Asia. The area seamed very safe, the staff is friendly and the room are big. We thought it was a very good deal for the price we paid.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swissgastro
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The place is a little hard to find, but its smack dab in the middle of Intramuros district near a chruch, that I cant remember the name of. But I loved the rustic look and the cobble stone roads all around it. The service was as all service in a decent hotel is, yes sir no sir, kind and welcoming. The showers were decent, the rooms were spacious, food wasn't to my liking, but I think for philippines it was average at best.

Pros: Rustic, some would say romantic.

Cons: Hotel food and no elevator.

Room Tip: Try the restro/cafe in front of the chruch, they have excellent pesto pasta..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ricardo R
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went here to the Philippines last April 16, 2013 to celebrate my birthday with my friends, I chose the Philippines because my teacher, who is a filipino, suggested that i should visit her country because there are a lot beautiful sceneries and of course good accomodation establishments. She also suggested White Knight Hotel in intramuros. I like the place because it is accessible to all historical places. They offer good facilities and amenities to their guests. The attendants were very helpful and making sure that all of our needs are catered to. My friends enjoyed the scooter like equipment that is included in our tour package. My friends and i agreed that we will come back to the Philippines and will stay again at White Knight Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed May 15, 2013

How to get to the hotel? From NAIA to INTRAMUROS, the ride took only 30 minutes (well it depends on the driving skill of the taxi driver by the way!), as my heading suggested, little that I know how much the taxi fare to the hotel, for safety I took the unorganized taxi service at the airport, the old lady quoted me PHP 650.00! Since it was incredibly hot that day I am happily patronized their taxi service and later I found the metered taxi fare from the hotel to airport was just PHP 200!!! OMG! Be aware of this!

Why do I choose White Knight Hotel? Well it is decided on the reviews, some carried good experience & not so good but I am absolutely delighted and thrill when the establishment dubbed as old charm of Manila is really represent its identity. If you main objective is to visit historical building or site, to see and to understand thus this hotel may be able to accommodate your objective. It was a lovely and it is very much like a medieval hotel. The surrounding, the hotel facade, the people represent the medieval age of old Manila. I booked Executive room from AirAsiago.com. So the rate quoted is affordable. The room condition at level one is rather clean, huge bathroom, spacious room with basic amenities and got flat screen TV. I really love the channels in Republic of Philippines, very entertaining not like my homeland, the government controlled all mainstream media!! Mr. General Manager, my main concern is the water pressure and hot water sometimes is not functioning efficiently. It was really annoying when as a sudden the rain shower is dysfunctional for a minute, again and again especially early in the morning!!
I think Manila is one of the oldest established cities in South East Asia, older than Kuala Lumpur of Malaysia and Jakarta. Even though restoration has been initiated and new buildings are erected, sincerely the overall city infrastructure is very inefficient from a tourist point of view. You will found uneven roads, loop holes here and there, dangerous cable pop out of nowhere etc. Please watch your step and remember which alleys you are taking, it can be confusing and dangerous. Anyway I am particularly amazed with the San Augustine Church, it is remarkable architecture. Do not worry if you have no tour guide, the Caldera guy is very knowledgeable about city history! I found out there are at least 6 higher learning institutions inside the wall alone!

How about the restaurant? Mind you, the room reservation did not include breakfast however the hotel has one in house restaurant and the menu is quite extensive. I tried the Filipino and continental breakfast as well as the dinner and it was a nice treat, the restaurant personnel was very pleasant in doing their job (I am impressed with their manner in interacting with guest, very polite and not intrusive) and the food is nice, it is just sometimes the meat is not well cook, relatively hard to chew. To be exact, there are not many restaurants nearby! (Unless you do not mind to eat at stalls and seeing all the disadvantage population), one of great restaurant that I still remember the taste vividly is My Kitchen by Chef Chris Locher, located at The Oasis, Paco Park Hotel. I stayed at this hotel last January 2013, the hotel ambience is elegant and foods are delicious! I found out that Intramuros & Paco (Par-ko) Park is not that far. After that you shall decide the different of nice and great dining experience! Good luck.

The fact is the hotel is situated near the slump area, seeing homeless people, teenager with babies, very old man pulling mega heavy trolley, street children running happily can be a hard reality for someone to belief. They seem to be happy … God bless Republic of Philippines all the way. I will be back near future.

Room Tip: If you do book Executive room, ensure instructed the hotel to locate your room with better view beca...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Arakan_88
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

First of all I like to say: don't skip Manila when travelling through the Philippines: you will miss out on the heart and soul of the country!

The White Knight is in a beautifull building with a lush courtyard that houses bars and a restaurant.

They organise tours with Segways ask for Adan i you need the best service, he is the best tourguide on sight and a great driver.

For 500 pesos they can arrange a airport pick-up for you. I suggest you do that, because it's quite a mayhem at the taxi stands there.

Rooms are comfy and functional. But it's Intramuros itself that gives the place grandeur.

Right next to the hotel are the beautiful cathedral and oldest church of the country.

Visit the fortress, or even better: arrange a your with local hero/maniac Carlos Eldran. Google hil on "Walk this way". It's theatre meets tour. You're in for a few surprises, but it makes a great day!

Eat at Mitre, where nuns cook the good stuff, or fancy Ilustrado up the road.

There is a 7/11 around the corner for you main supplies.

The hotel has a libe band playing evergreens everynight, and even for foreigners there are quite good. Not the average Filipino karaoke crap!

Wifi is quite fast and stable and free!

White Knight makes a great base for visiting dirty but bustlin Binondo (Chinatown) and the Rizal Park area.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Slow action or actually no action at all about what happened last saturday april 13, pls provide a safety vault or box in every room. I WANT MY MONEY BACK, every single peso is important, so please i really need an action, be fair, its the management fault, imagine they clean our room without a guard, even an OJT which is not allowed to do housekeeping is there,

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rebrickz
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Last year, a guest reported losing her iphone inside the WKHI function room. She suspected the WKHI waiters. After viewing the cctv footage of the event, her friend was seen putting the missing iphone in her bag. The friend returned the iphone after the viewing.
Wkhi management investigated the April 13, 2013 report immediately also. After a body bag search, there is no evidence of wrongdoing on the 2 room attendants who cleaned the room on April 13, 2013. The ojts stayed for a short while to assist & to fetch some cleaning materials to the 2 room attendants. The guest has friends who entered the room on the said date. The cctv footage can only reach the hallway and the door of the guest rooms.