“Overbooking is their prerogative”

White Knight Hotel Intramuros
Ranked #91 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I booked this hotel 2 weeks before my trip. Since I was arriving at 12am alone in Manila I tried asking Intramuros if they could send a car to pick me up at the ariport. Initially they replied to my emails and eventually stopped getting back to me and never confirmed...So 2 days before the trip I called them to confirm the booking and ask for the car. They confirmed they would have sent a car for me and confirmed everything was ok with my booking.
When I arrived at the airport the car was there to pick me up, but when we arrived at the hotel at 1am the receptionist told me they had no room for m because they had booked more rooms than what they had. There was another couple who had arrived just before me and had the same problem. Luckily I had not paid yet for my room but the other couple did and the hotel, instead of refunding them or sending them for free to another hotel made them go to another hotel where they found out they had to pay again and this time for double the price. Luckily I did not agree to going to another hotel and asked Intramuros to figure out a solution for me: they made me sleep in the storage room on a materass on the floor. The driver also told that he had been driving people from the airport to intramuros and then from Intramuros to other hotels for the entire day, so the problem was not isolated to me
The next day they even had the face to ask me to pay for the driver who came to pick me up at the airport...Their complete incompetence is overwhelming

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Atena21
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

May we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for our shortcomings. There has been a sudden influx of clients this season and we are working on the glitch in our reservation system. We shall immediately coordinate with our accounting dept to refund what you paid the hotel where you were transferred as you are not supposed to be billed if you have already paid with us. Rest assured that we shall correct these mistakes as we hope to make it up to you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It is a beautiful place. Slightly run down, but not worse than the city itself. I really liked it.
I had a corner room and it was huge. The furniture was old, so were heavy and noisy windows shutters. The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom definitely needs a scrub though.
My only reserveartion was to the building site next to the hotel. They seemed to work 24 hours a day! As it was a year ago, I hope they finished by now.
Hotel's service is great. From start they were helpful and very welcoming. They were great when I hd an accident outside of Manila and was stuck in a hospital. I asked a friend to pick up my things and bring them to the hospital. They packed everything and made a detailed list of my belongings. Nothing was left behind, even half empty bottle of water was listed. So were all the cash (quite a lot) and valuables I left in the room. It is important for me to trust the hotel I am staying in and they were spotless. I will stay there when I come back to complete my visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dori111
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My and my boyfriend really enjoyed staying in WK Hotel in Intramuros area. The hotel is clean, affordable and has a variety food to offer.. the stuff was helping us with everything well too..
The area is nice and you can explore and view the old part of Manila.
There is a wifi everywhere in the hotel. Good tv channels and well working aircondition..
They always arranged a taxi ride for us or borrowed us their own driver.
Our stay there was great, and we enjoyed it a lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DanaGajtandzievova
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I will never ever come back in this hotel will never ever recommend this to anyone.

1. Filthy rooms, carpet is unbeliebaly dirty. The room smells, the curtain need some washing. Toilet and Bath is so cheap. Hot water is not working.
2. Very noisy, you can hear the next room banging their doors, the traffic and the blasting radio of the slum area just on the side of the hotel.
3. The area is a slum district and its dirty and polluted.
4. The Intramuros is not what is seems to be.
5. All the staff is begging for tip except Rona.
6. The concierge/guard extorted 100 peso from my cab driver and added it to my fare.
7. the alfresco restaurant is good but the sewerage over flow just next to the table.
8. This hotel need some hygiene checking and stricter management.

Room Tip: if you must stay her, choose the 3rd level rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ryubaby
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured all the issues mentioned inside the hotel have been attended to. Intramuros Administration has fixed the sewage overflow since December as this was the sewage line of the neighboring restaurant in the complex. We are committed to giving the best value to all our guests.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had a very nice 3 night stay at the White Knight hotel. Intramurous is an interesting place to stay. Hotel was very comfortable. Bed was comfortable, AC very cold. Bathroom in nice clean condition. Hotel restaurant was very yummy. Staff friendly. Hotel has lots of character - it's not a high rise and we liked it a lot. Other good restaurants nearby. Hard for cab drivers from the airport to find. I brought a google map of location with me and we needed it to find the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The location is great for tourists wanting to explore the 'Old Manila' and get to see Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Luneta park, etc for a budget price. They provided toothbrush/toothpaste which added a nice touch (though the shampoo should be changed as it doesn't smell nice)

In terms of the room, some things to be weary of:
1. Plumbing smells of sewage at times (perhaps b/c this is the old part of town; noticed the smell even walking around Intramuros in general as well)
2. At one point, the water was cut off but came back
3. Hot water didn't work (lukewarm or cold)
4. We saw a small cockroach
5. The A/C cover kept falling off

If you just want a bed and friendly service, and cheap accommodation in a nearby location to tourist spots, then it's a good place for you... However, if you need more luxuries, then look elsewhere

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We wil definitely attend to all that you have mentioned as it is our mission to give the best value.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

While the setting of this hotel in a historic colonial Spanish building is great and the service fine, the room we had was not clean at all. Walking out of the shower with damp feet picked up the dirt from the tiled floor and left footprints about the room. Personal bath items from previous guests were found in the shower. On top of that the electric/chemical air freshener device seriously kicked up my wife's asthma and we unplugged it and hid it in the closet with the busted door held closed with a chair.

Good location in Intramuros and the restaurant was okay but better value, cleanliness, comfort and similar location can be found close by.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to family or friends. Try the Bayleaf about 400m away to the south and east - a world apart!

Room Tip: Check the room before taking it. Run some damp toilet paper on the tile floor and see what kind of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ceibaforest
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for calling our attention. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured that our hotel team will see to it that this never happens again as we are committed to our objective of providing the best value to all our clients