“Very good food here”

Dining options: Reservations
Epernay, France
“Very good food here”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Fireplace is a Hyatt class restaurant, great food, heavy on the steak with a bit of seafood. Great place, with good service. Up market for the area. Enjoy!!!

• Visited January 2014

Makati, Philippines
“A Real Steakhouse”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just love this place! The steaks are always top notch and cooked to perfection, the service is always good and they have a nice wine cellar. The decor and ambiance here scream steakhouse if you have not been here I highly recommend you make it a point to visit. The price is on the upper end of the scale but worth every penny.

• Visited December 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Vastly overpriced, but tasty food ”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights for the first time in about 6 years. We'd eaten at "The Fireplace" before so thought we'd give it another try.

The restaurant itself is very nice, a real pleasure to be in. The staff is very professional and polite, some of the best in the 5 star hotels I've stayed in in Manila.

The food is vey tasty indeed but is no way worth the very high price that comes with it. For the price I'd expect cuisine that borders on Michelin star standards. I had the scallop salad to start and this basically consisted of a bowl with salad chucked in, a piece of bacon and 6 or so scallops thrown in. There seemed to be very little effort made in the presentation of the dish. The fillet steak was tasty and cooked as ordered but again was not worth the high price even more so considering that side dishes cost extra!!

I've ate in some exceptional restaurants before that charge similar prices as the fireplace but provide so much more for the money

All in all it is a pleasant dining experience but in no way justifies the hefty price tag. I will not be returning.

Manila
“really good steak but really expensive too, and you have to pay for the side dishes”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I went to The Fireplace because I was craving for a good steak and I read several good reviews about this posh restaurant. Located within the Hyatt Hotel, the place is indeed classy and has a romantic atmosphere. The waiters were attentive and the service impeccable. Since my husband does not eat beef (he doesn't know what he's missing!), he had the prawns as well as a scallop appetizer. The scallops were plump and attractive but they were tasteless, probably from being frozen. The prawns were just so-so. My steak, however, is probably the best I have ever tasted in Manila. It was tender, juicy, flavorful, and seasoned and cooked just perfectly. All good things come with a price, though, and at The Fireplace, that price is really steep! What irks me is that for that price, they should throw in free sides. But no, you have to pay for each side dish you order! So if you don't order any side dish, I guess your steak will come unadorned, just a slab of meat on a clean plate. Really, how much do potatoes cost? I'm sure you can afford to throw in some spuds or some greens for that price, can't you?

• Visited September 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Chocolate Soup! <3”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went for my sister's birthday two years ago, and I remember the whole family being blown away by every single order. When I went for my graduation this April, the food was still above average, but it just wasn't as magical as the first time? The ambience is cozy, classy, and comfortable; the servers, and the chef who struck a conversation with us, were all very friendly and knowledgeable; but the absolute constant highlight was the chocolate soup. Since it's a pretty pricey place, you may opt to have dinner elsewhere and have dessert here. You won't regret it!

• Visited April 2013