“Longer stay in The Buoy hostel”
Review of The Buoy - CLOSED

The Buoy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With a bar and restaurant capacity of 80 persons, a 7-car parking lot in front and secure parking for about 20 cars in the back, The Buoy serves as a great place for celebrations such as weddings, birthdays, debuts, and so on.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

When I came look the Buoy hostel, first I visited the restaurant which is part of this hostel. I was surprised... First meeting (welcome in the Philippines) on the bar with boss (excellent man from Europe) and of course beautiful and funny staff. I extended my stay in this place until 21st March, because this place is quiet, safe, friendly, clean, near to the city ... in the second part of restaurant is big room where is possible to invite a lot of friends, do celebration, birthday, presentation and much more what you want to do. I met there a lot of friends from whole world. I recommend this place for everyone who want to stay in Manila short or long time. The Buoy hostel was realy great choice :)

1  Thank Vlastik C
There are newer reviews for The Buoy

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I visited at the opening (2 years ago)The Buoy.I came back in December 2012 during my usual trip in Philippines .I had what I was especting for.A warm welcome and atmosphere provided by the owner,the staff and the customers.The Buoy is a place where you have a large choice of food and drinks, with prices corresponding to the quality of service,food and the "cachet" of the place.
You can go alone ,with company or in family.You have a nice bar where to contact people and have a cool talk,or to get a quiet drink.You have also a pool table.The Buoy has also life musique on Friday and Saturday .
Anyway if you are looking for a nice place where to spend good moments just go!
Juan

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Terrific place to visit whilst in Manila, a warm and friendly atmosphere with a wonderful range of delicious food and drinks to choose from, the owner is a great host and the staff are charming and attentive who love to engage the guests, so if it's a great meal a quite beer and a game of pool or an exciting night with some great music on Friday and Saturday nights The Buoy Restaurant is a great choice to make. As a long time stayer in Manila I visit 2 - 3 times a week and have taken many friends and business acquaintance's there who all enjoyed the experience.

4  Thank David J
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Plane from PNG delayed, taxi-driver in a single mood so we ended up by chance in a restaurant where we could shoot a game a of pool with great food that was fitting our budget pretty well. We were surprised by the customers, they all seemed to know each other and we felt very welcome. Since we missed our plane to Cebu and got stuck in Manila, with no place to stay, that was soon solved by the manager with a dorm room and private bathroom for just 250 peso per head and bed, a breakfast for only 75 peso. Guess what, we were the first customers....and well within our budget, thats for sure.
Our first time in The Phils and The Buoy Accommodations just opened, we can recommend them as it's a good budget place with over 130 bunk beds in 12 separate rooms with good food for a decent price.
We go back to the Buoy on Jan 17 before our flight out back to the cold in Belgium on Jan 19, having a good time...

Serge

2  Thank Serge M
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A pleasant restaurant, The steak I had was good, though a little more rare than the 'Medium' I had ordered. The chips were very good. The staff are friendly.

3  Thank George0903