“epitome of buffet restaurant in the Philippines”
Review of Spiral

Spiral
Ranked #1 of 1,003 Restaurants in Manila
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Making a splash when it first opened in 2006, Spiral’s dining innovations were a first in Asia and it became one of Manila’s most loved restaurants. Dining has never been the same again since. But the new Spiral proves that even a trailblazer can top itself with Sofitel once again taking destination dining to a whole new level.The new Spiral is divided into 21 dining ateliers. In France, an atelier is an artist’s special workshop, and in Spiral it is where secret recipes are masterfully prepared right before your very eyes. The range of cuisines is expansive and the attention and detail to each dish has the focus of an artisan.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My dear friend and business partner Imelda told us to be there at 11am. We were graciously led by a lady staff to the table reserved for us and offered us bread and drink as we wait for the buffet table to open at 12nn. It was also a delight to see some people I know in the city who came for lunch @ the recently restored Spiral.

As my previous experience with my favorite hang out for the best food to find in the City, starting with the festive display of the 21 dining ateliers is exciting as each has its distinct attraction. The recent renovation after the typhoon Pedring has featured an elaborate open kitchen and cooking station encouraging interaction with the chef. We have personally requested the chef how we want him to prepare the fresh crustaceans we got from the buffet table. It has also added the enticing cold cut section in a glass enclosed portion. The fantastic dessert buffet is impressive. How could I miss Sofitel Hanoi's chocolate buffet when the Spiral's boulangerie and chocolate room. Indeed, Spiral world class buffet has maintained its unbeatable reputation for having the most extensive dishes from my very own tasty Filipino dishes and the rest of the international dishes bringing the authentic and warm atmosphere of the traditional French markets and Asian hawker stalls into an elegant setting with Manila bay as backdrop.

I just hope that the engineers responsible for the one-year work of Spiral's restoration have done a storm and flood resilient infrastructure to maintain the luxurious bay front spot which has been Sofitel’s most priceless feature. The courteous lady staff who attended to us captured our delight in a snapshot which we appreciate. I look forward to coming back with my family.

3  Thank glbastille
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Spiral, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Bonjour! Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with the Trip Advisor community about your excellent dining experience.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing to have a delightful moment with us and we look forward to being of service to you in your next visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would rate the Sunday champagne brunch experience at the Sofitel as a top shelf brunch, or as my 19 year old son would say "it was sick Mum" (meaning fantastic in Australiana!). The 21 or so ateliers offering a huge array of varying cuisines is accompanied by good French champagne, including my personal favourite, Tattinger. I would be hugely disappointed if the sommelier was to drop this from the list in favour of more expensive brands! Their relatively new cheese and cured meats special englassed room is both a visual and gourmet's delight. We took photographs of it with our son to boast about what Manila has to offer to our friends in Australia, NZ and Fiji. The French head chef took the time to show my 9 yr old son the various cheeses and to explain Roma's favourite - brie. The chef was a delightful charming man. My favourite dish was the foie gras with balsamic reduction - not to be missed if you visit; and the lamb rack cooked to medium perfection - althought there were so many dishes, and although I tried to pace myself I am certain I only tried about 1/3 of the dishes. The apple tart tartin dessert was also delicious. My husband and son also ate the sashimis and Asian dishes and were equally pleased. The lamb curry, naam and biriani was also pretty good. The staff are excellent. Of note was the superflous service of one of the supervisors, Pablo Espiritu, who handled a number of issues with flawless grace. The cost is a little pricey but to be expected given the smooth flow of French champagne. I have been twice in the last year and would certainly take visiting friends from abroad again this year. It is a special experience and I had a wonderful Mother's Day lunch. I hope they maintain the high standards.

3  Thank Imrana J

Bonjour! Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for taking the time to share your positive feedback and thoughts with us, and we are delighted that our services have pleased you. Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences for our guests.

It would be our great pleasure to have you back at Sofitel Philippine Plaza in the future. We wish you best in your personal and business endeavors.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spiral's buffet has gained quite a good reputation as having the most extensive dishes, and I agree. This is one buffet where the number of choices can leave you quite confused and excited at the same time. You will never know where to start as there is just too much dishes to choose from. The way to do it is to check out each station first before lining up for your choices. A great new feature of the buffet is the CHEESE ROOM. Being quite a lover of cheese, this has become my new favorite. A small glass-enclosed and air conditioned room houses a very substantial number of soft, firm, semi-ripe, blue-veined varieties, which easily ended up on my plate. These are complemented by fresh fruits, dried figs and an assortment of crackers and breads on the side. The chocolate truffles in the dessert station are pure heaven, one is tempted to bring them home. The price of P2,700 is quite hefty as there is only so much you can consume per meal. If not for the high price, this buffet would be perfect. But I guess, price is not an issue as the entire dining room was full of diners.

5  Thank aijaraza

Bonjour! Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback here on Trip Advisor. Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences and unforgettable moments for our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing to have a delightful experience with us, and we look forward to being of service to you in your next visit to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

First time to try Spiral after it was newly renovated. It was an improvement i mist say. There was a glass enclosed cheeses and hams. They were veey good, i didnt want to leave. The Japanese food was also great with fresh salmon and tuna sashimi. Uni was very very good. Dessert was also superb with lots of chocolates. I also tried the french section with escargo. Chinese food was also very good especially the peking duck. The champagne were very light and good. Wll surely come back.

1  Thank franchesca112
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Spiral, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Bonjour! Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and thoughts with us, and we are delighted that our services have pleased you. Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences for our guests.

Keith Pereira
Operations Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2013

When it comes to buffet, spiral is probably the best! Think of any food you want to eat and you will most likely find it in their menu. So you can say that this is probably my favorite buffet restaurant. Where else can you find a whole section of seafood from fresh crabs, to oysters and even lobster? What can i say? whenever im in Spiral, i just can eat everything. But one things certain, i will savor all the desserts they have to offer. Thats my favorite section. All the pastries you can think of, name it they have it. the gelato is to die for. so if your in for a little splurge, this is the perfect place for you. Price though is not that cheap, s it can go to up to 3,500 PHP on a weekend dinner. But definitele well worth every peso you spend.

2  Thank Franz_pilates