“No toilet seat!!!!!”

Crosswinds Ocean Hotel
Ranked #98 of 109 Hotels in Manila
“No toilet seat!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Have you ever seen a hotel room without a toilet seat? I am in one right now at crosswinds ocean hotel. Don't stay here. Worst place ever. Wasn't given a discount because of no toilet seat and cold shower despite the water heater on the wall. The mattress is a 2 inch foamie that I wouldn't use for camping and the a/c is set at an icy 16 and there's no remote or blanket, just a sheet. TV doesn't work. No phone in room. Got woken up from my terrible sleep by some lady saying I have to have my cold shower before they turn off the water. What a place!!!!! Wrecked manila all together for me

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ryan K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

When we first arrived, lobby area is ok ( basic), get to the elevator is old but it works. rooms is very spacious, but that it. the air condition i had to clean the screen, bathroom is horrible shower pressure weak, no shower curtain, brought a shower curtain 55 peso. Rooms needs to be renovated better, but price is cheap

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 808boy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is a small one which is located near Mall of Asia and NAIA. To add to its convenience, it is also near 7/11 store which is really good. From reservation to our check-out, the staff remained very accommodating. The best thing is the affordability of your stay.

However, several things surprised me upon getting there. Their facilities are really old, the ones used in the 90's. Their elevator still has the old buttons; their television is the late model (you'll be confused how to use it) and we had to call one of the staff to connect the wire to the tv for it to get signal; their shower has the old hot and cold faucets; and even their cabinets and drawers are really old. Nevertheless, our room was clean.

If you plan to stay overnight for sleep only, this is suitable for you with their affordable price. But if you are looking for a place to stay and to relax, then might as well look for a better hotel which offers more perks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Davao City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very bad hotel..the taxi driver bring us hear coz he say anything the hotel is very good but when we see the room very dirty no blanket and the room is noisy the reception is not good they are not friendly super worse attittude specially there head..when you come here don't ever think to stay in crosswind hotel all is worse this is the first time I encourter this kind of receptionist in the hotel..they just think on the money very expensive and not worth the price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iza2014

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have come to Trip Advisor, 1 year after my stay in Manila, just to share with the world how bad this hotel was.
We also got tricked into staying here by a local at the airport. When we entered the foyer, passing the guard with the machine gun, alongside the street workers and their partners, we knew we had entered a hotel/brothel from the bowels of hell. We walked down the spooky hallway to a window that looked out onto an alley way to gauge where we were. It was clear that we were staying in the most unsafe and dangerous part of Manila. In our rooms, there were stains all over the bed sheets, yellow stains, black stains, and the sheets were grey. I was desperate for a shower after the travelling (my husband refused to shower, and rightly so), so when I did, all I got was a water trickle. Clothes back on. You couldn't have a shower. Even if you tried to tell the freaky hotel receptionist about pressure, she wouldn't know shower pressure if it slapped her in the face.

Before even lying on that disgusting, putrid excuse of a bed, we asked for about 6 bath towels to lay on the bed. We lay there like vampires in coffins, arms folded across chest, waiting for the night to pass.

To top it off, 5am in the morning, 4 hours before our flight is due to leave, we wake up to depart. As we begin to pack, a cockroach crawls out of my husbands suitcase. Stupid rookie error for leaving it on the floor.

Do not, ever, under any circumstances stay here. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ElveraK
Graz, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We got tricked into going there by our taxi driver. It was the worst hotel I have ever been to although one of the most expensive during my stay in Southeast Asia.
The room and bathroom were tiny, without window, the bed was really uncomfortable. When I thought it couldn't get worse I saw the breakfast, handed out by unfriendly staff. Don't go there!

Stayed February 2014
5 Thank heike1991
Graz, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I am usually not writing a lot of reviews, but this was just the worst "hotel" ever, although it was the most expensive so far during my trip in south east asia!
The room didnt have a window, the bathroom was tiny, the bed was not comfortbale at all. But the worst was the so called "breakfast". We just tried to get out of there as fast as possible!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heike1991
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manila
Nichols Airport Hotel
#4 of 16 in Paranaque
Isabelle Royale Hotel
Isabelle Royale Hotel
#12 of 16 in Paranaque

Been to Crosswinds Ocean Hotel? Share your experiences!