“Central”

Slouch Hat Inn and Pub
Slouch Hat Inn and Pub
Ranked #27 of 76 Manila B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stay here about 3 times a year as i pass thru manila as it is central to most things that i need the staff is very friendly makes you feel welcome all the time no matter what time of the day or night it is the beer is cold the food great and a good size if hungry i have been coming here for 3 years now still the same so you know what you get i am happy here so i will return again

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank The_Nomad_11

Reviewed March 6, 2011

Travelled with my husband, brother and sister-inlaw. We only stayed one night, thank god. My brother and wife stayed on the second floor which wasn't too bad. My husband and I stayed in a room at the front of the hotel on the road, it was terrible, noisy, small and stuffy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Shannon029
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I have read the other reviews about the Slouch Hat Inn and All I can comment is that the persons should not take untrusted bar girls to their rooms and possibly not drink too much alcohol.

I have stayed at the Slouch Hat Inn for 8 weeks at various times during the last 2 years.
A person could not stay in a safer hotel as this one.

Room Safes...If someone has trouble entering a new pin,the hotel offer a key in lieu of...Interesting fact that the hotel do not keep any spare keys on the property and it takes several hours to get the duplicate......Proof - my own experience in locking my key in room safe.

Security...At night time there is a guard outside on duty for 12 hours and a night watchman/manager who scutinise who comes and goes from the hotel.

Staff Honesty..I have left valuables in my room and the cleaners have not ever touched one item!

Other...
............I have never seen one cock roach ever at the Slouch Hat Inn..thats says it all about the cleanliness.
..........The staff are friendly & honest,the food and service is excellent ,the live band is always good, and prices are reasonable
..........Noise....The bells from the Ermita church and people singing might wake you once a week at 5.30am.....Is that a problem?

In passing ......Yeah guys [and ladies]...have a great time in Manila ,but do not blame your place of abode as you get robbed by bar girls and when you drink too much,try and remember where you put things and do not blame the Slouch Hat Inn for your own stupidity!!

In passing,what a great place to stay and I look forward to staying their again soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank coachclem
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stayed four nights at this Inn and became another victim of the safety deposit thief, with no support from Owner/Manager or staff I have come to the conclusion that the possibility of an inside job as the modus operandi in all reported cases. Lost $1000.00 AUD & P9000 a mango and panty liners " Strange"

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank Tmax500_48
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Slouch Hat Ermita mid October 2010 we were told when booking the room that the only room available was ROOM 207 PHP1899 per night and was suposedly newly renovated so we agreed on that room. Turned out the room was very poor quality and extremely noisy. I tried to change the combination on the safety box but coudn't get it to work properly, as we needed to go out for approx 2 hours I decided to leave the $1,500 AUS in the corner under the head or the bed as it was a hard place to access $100 notes was missing we called the evening manager to the room to explain the situation but she did not want to know about it. Because of the way the money went missing I have a bad feeling that there maybe a mini camera hidden in the air conditioner or somewhere else in the room. It looks like this is happening far too often and I would advise everyone to keep clear of the hotel and tell others of this problem,

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Pinoylover_10
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Just like in a previous review, I had money stolen from the safety deposit box in my room. I had counted my money prior to leaving the room, and when I returned two hours later, I opened the box and realised it had been opened in my absence.

A large amount of cash in bills had been taken from my wallet, but not all of it.

I informed the manager and also the owner, they both were unable to offer an explanation, only saying the staff were all trustworthy.

This must be an ongoing problem at this hotel, but nothing has been done to stop this theft.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Jayge62
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Had a nice stay with my wife and her sister. We booked a couple of rooms, they were good enough for a nights sleep.
We enjoyed the food and atmosphere of the bar and found the staff friendly and easy going.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple