Chill-out Guesthouse
$158
$134
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
$28
$110
Hotel H2O(Manila)
$116
$94
Red Planet Mabini(Manila)(Great Value!)
$38
All reviewsguest housefan roomfree wifiremedios circlecold showerprivate bathroomthree nightswould stay here againcomfortable roomshome away from homewalking distancemalate areaconvenience storephilippinesbackpackersmallnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Chillout are chilled out.
We are leaving Manilla tonight, it's late and we are in need of a shower and rest before heading home at midnight.
We have been given a couple of sofas, towels and use of the shower free of charge.
Everyone here is happy and helpful. I love it. Next time I am in Manila I will be heading straight here, a real backpackers place to be.
Dorms, private rooms, kitchen and vibe. All very clean as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Agoda from France for our first night after landing in Manila. We were just passing through. Bathrooms were ok and clean, hot water. Bedding was OK but we were in a stuffy room with a window in front of a wall. No towels provided. Very friendly and helpful staff! Surroundings are not the best and common area are not awesome.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camillemd
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Staff seems uninspired and not paying attention to guests. Made me feel unwanted or in their way like I was harrasing them. I had to leave the reception without getting my questions answered.
Wifi is free but so slow you want to go to a nearby internetcafe. My room was very basic without window or anything on the wall. Not even a lamp if you want to read a book. As uninspiring as the staff working here.
Can not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have mixed feelings on Chill Out. We booked the most basic room as we were passing through Manila and just needed a bed. The room was very very clean and freshly painted and the 24 hour reception is great for transit travellers. So far, so good.
However our windows didn't shut properly which meant some mozzies were inside and street noise is pretty bad (some dodgy disco music!), but this is to be expected of a budget option in city centre. Thus our only real gripe was that the double bed couldn't fit me (5ft 8) and my other half (6ft 4) in. As we have struggled in other hostels to share single beds masquerading as doubles, we decided (being admittedly princessy!) to upgrade to an air con room for space. The delux rooms are horribly overpriced. We were only given one hand towel and one small single sheet (and only after i asked for bedding). For me, these are easy wins. Two towels and a double bed sheet are not big asks when paying over $30 a night. On our way back through Manila we checked into Tune which was infinitely better (duvet covers, comfy beds, hotel standard bathrooms) for a cheaper price than a delux here.
If you stay in a budget room and are smaller than us, id give this room 3 to 4 stars. If you book the delux, then this is only 1 or 2. Do not waste your money by going up a price bracket; this is a friendly, clean, well located budget guesthouse with very few comforts and if that doesn't suit your travel style, check into Tune next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a budget room away from the street as its noisy. Upstairs room are better. Couples should book twin room as double beds are tiny
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HazamM
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thank guys .... It's really nice place , familiar , friendly , good people that always try to help unin everything do u need ...... Clean ,and cheap ..... It's the 4th time that I come in this place ..... I really like it in the center of the night life in malate safe and funny place ...... My base in Manila ...... I suggest u to try ...... Thank u again .
Massimo