“Didn't go inside”

Ranked #40 of 143 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This children's museum has lots of interactive exhibits.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The fee is 150p, but seem not attractive, so i went away

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I did not really know what to expect from a children's museum but I was utterly surprised by the things they have put up. There were seven themed rooms in the museum -- Kalikasan (Mother Nature), Old Manila, Career Options (featured author and illustrator of children's books), I love my Planet Earth, My Body Works, Pamilihang Bayan (neighborhood shops), and Global Village.

Entrance is P150 but I had mine for free because I teach for a living. On top of that I also obtained a 50% discount for one of my companions because I am a resident of Manila; residents of Manila get in the museum for free on Tuesdays.

I came upon the invitation of a friend who was there with her friends for an outreach activity of bringing eighteen kids to the museum. I thought I was going to go around the exhibit leisurely but my friend asked me to look after four kids. Those kids could not stay still! They only rule I gave them is that they should always be together even if they do not see me all the time. So half the time I was chasing them and half the time I was admiring the exhibit. They would look for me for a photo every time they would see something interesting. I am glad they love posing for photos so I get to check on them from time to time.

Some of the things there are not working but it did not deter the kids from exploring. It was nice to be with them because I feel like I am seeing things through their eyes. They thoroughly enjoyed the Pamilihang Bayan (neighboring shops) where they pretended to be sales persons / customers or buyers of the different establishments. They love running around the different body parts and of course the exhibit on author and book illustrators. They wanted to do some coloring but there were none available; what they had was a PC that does the coloring. I am sure it would have been more fun if they do the coloring themselves. The national costumes were also a hit; they loved putting it on and posing for photos.

We were only there for a couple of hours and I felt like they wanted to stay some more. They had their snack outside the museum but as soon as they were done eating they run to the playground. I wanted to go back and see the place but I felt like I should have a child by me to make it more meaningful.

2  Thank litrato101
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Nice facilities for kids. Very educational Plus! they have function rooms perfect for kiddie parties and corporate as well.
Located at the heart of Manila

1  Thank AnneEsp
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to the Museo Pambata because of the videos I saw on the internet. What I found was many items in disrepair, not working, or missing!

And before you plan your trip, understand how things work here -- at noon, they shut down and you must leave. They allow you to come re-enter after the HOUR they are closed, but there is nothing you can do for an hour. Make sure you take this into consideration before making your plans.

I counted 15 staff members, most doing nothing. Why they can't have their staff eat in shifts so the museum can stay open is beyond me.

It was a fun hour ... but don't plan on anything more unless it is extremely crowded.

7  Thank Joe M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Museo Pambata is better than average but not very good so I went with the lower of the 2 options. Some of the attractions are worn and could use touch up while others (particularly some of the phones did not work). However for an 18 month old, it was fun and he couldn't tell the difference. The museum does a nice job in bringing some educational items for the adult which is a nice change from most children-focused museums. Some of the interactive locations should be monitored as older kids seem to play with reckless abandon. My son enjoyed the mini jeepney the most. I think he could have spent more than 2 hours simply playing with things but that is a good time for the adults watching the child or children.
If you have young children and are looking for something to do because it is raining or because you are looking to kill a few hours while you are in the area, this is a good stop. The kids will enjoy it and there is some areas for the adults to enjoy ... the musical pans or mimicing the dancing cards were a hit. Not a can't miss spot but a good spot nonetheless.

3  Thank ConstantTravels