“Terrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Shakey's
Ranked #34 of 946 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Family choice for pizza and pasta, the food was very poor compared to that in Australia, so poor infant I opted to eat something else ...... Don't waste your money if your a westerner you most likely will be dissapointed ......

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Puerto Princesa
“Decent pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

It is very close to the western Shakey's. Pizza was good; spaghetti was OK, but they charge for extra Parmesan Cheese (ridiculous!); garlic toast was tasty; and they have very good chicken.

The only downside is that they are very overpriced.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Pardeco
Manila, Philippines
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

i went here last month the food was good the ambiance of the place was nice, but i wasn't happy with their service. Me and my bf was in a small table (actually it was 4 tables but they removed our table from the three tables) beside us was a large group of people. The group asked for a ranch to their pizza so she handed the ranch dressing to the group of people overlapping on our table. where she can go at my side and give it to the group. could you imagine how poor was her service? without even saying sorry to us nor saying excuse me. I was really disappointed because honestly Shakeys is my favorite pizzeria here in the philippines.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Romblon, Philippines
“MOJO's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I could not ask for more because they definitely have it all. Good food, good location..everything. :)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JhamrenGutierrez26
Manila
“Another "Used-to-be"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've been a fan of Shakey's since I came here 2½ years ago. Since my first visit, I've been a card-carrying fan. (Really! They have a Pizzanatic Card loyalty program.) But over the past year, they've gone downhill fast.

The restaurants are still clean, but they are generally very noisy. It is impossible to have a conversation at your table without yelling. But I can deal with that. (Delivery is a better deal with the Pizzanatic card anyway - Buy 1 Get 1 Free...)

But as was noted elsewhere on this website, their delivery order website is not put together well as it does not honor the Pizzanatic program. (After all this time, there's no excuse for that.) So, I have to order by calling their order telephone line. Last time, about 3 weeks ago, it took me over an hour just to get through on the line. I placed the order okay, and got what I ordered. But here's the worst part: It took over an 1¼ hours for them to deliver the order. "It's fast or it's free!" was not honored. I was forced to pay for my order. I wouldn't have, but having already waited 2+hours, it was getting late and the family was hungry!

Their excuse for not honoring the "fast or free" promise was that I was told on the phone that it would be 45 minutes before the 30 minute clock would start. (I was not told that.) According to that timing promise, he was just in time - at 73 minutes after they "accepted" my order.

So, you would think that meant they didn't even have time to make the pizzas until at least 45 minutes went by, right? That doesn't explain why the pizzas were delivered COLD and PASTY. It was like eating pizza that had been leftover from a party the night before.

So, I complained by email. No response.

I called. No answer.

I waited until a weekday and called the office. Again, no answer.

It's unfortunate, but Shakey's isn't what it used to be. Maybe that's one reason one of the restaurants I used to go to is closed now - only 30 days after they remodeled.

Hmm.